Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PROVE IT!

G3N0M3

I don't think you could say that was anything unusual or anything to do with psychic stuff. You can look at some one and pick up there emotional state. People can understand because unless you are a sociopath you can empathise with that person.

You can do it with cold reading or by psychic means.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• G3N0M3

• Agent. Mulder

• tinieblas

You can do it with cold reading or by psychic means.

So you claim, but there is no evidence what so ever of it being anything other than a normal piece of psychology.

Let me guess... sometimes you can pick up other people's emotions? Maybe even their thoughts?

yes actually i can and with people i meet at school or where ever if i touch them like something as simple as brushing my hand up agianst theirs i get a glimps of their life not very big but just like family problems and why they feel the way they do. I can tell how someone feels by their eyes but when it comes to people trying to tell how i feel they have many troubles because i dont show my emotions and you cant even tell by my eyes i dont know why but its nice not being able to have people read u like an open book.

i can also manipulate minds if u read my long paragraph u would know i can get people to do stuff for me like chores getting me something like food paper book etc. i can also make people agree with me even if they truely dont like what i have to say so its nice having people do stuff for u but it gets annoying if u dont mean to do it and i have no idea how i even do it so its kinda freaks me out sometimes exspecially when i do it to my one ur old cuz and i like dont mean to when i was at a birthday part with him i couldnt find my bag and i was looking for it and then i remembered i put it by the tv so i started walking over there and the next thing i know here comes my cuz draging my bag to me...weird i know any answers??

When it comes to astral projection I can't prove this but I know what happened was real.

About 5 years ago my older sister and best friend, Jess, left home to go live on campus at Montserrat College of Art in Beverly, MA. My mom, my two little sister and I all took the 2 hour drive up with my sister to help her move into the apartment dorm and to spend some time with her. Jess was the only on in the apartment at the time when we were there so we never met the other girls living with her. Jess and I are very close and it was a tearful parting for us when it was time for us to leave. I couldn't because I also had school and at the time I ahd a full-time job, this made the separation almost unbearable. About 4 days went by, I had gone to sleep like usual one night but I had a really strange "dream". I remeber my bedroom door opening with a crash and a hood figure walking into my bedroom straight for my bed! I screamed and crawled in to the corner that my bed was pushed up against. The figure stopped and slowly pulled back the hood and underneath was my sister jess! I yelled "what the hell is worng with you!" and then asked "how did you get here?" she just shrugged. She sat down on my bed "what the hell is up with the hood?" I asked her and ahe said "I thought it would be cool, plus I was reading this book about Free Masons I found on the street, they ware hoods". I sat there looking at her for a while and then asked "hows school?" She went on to say "one of my room mates is a total pothead but shes OK and the other girl is a ******* B****. The classes are fun but I really miss you guys!" she hugged me and said she had to go. I was sad to watch her walk out of my room. When I woke-up I remembered all of the "dream" and I made the time to call my sister and ask her how she was doing? She told me the same thing Free Masons and all over the phone then I told her what she had did to me the night before. She had no memory of our interaction that night.

One of the strangest things that has ever happened to me.

Edited by Katherineelvira

OK well I'm going to double, tripple, maybe quadrouple post here, but I hav'nt checked on my thread in awhile, had no clue anyone was talking on it...

First off I don't want anyone to argue, or ensue... state your points, and your direction (what you want to prove) but don't disregard something you have no clue about.

Second I'm booking an apointment with my local univeristy to find out what kind of test we could do to prove my points...

Third I have never said that I'm proving anything just yet, my intention of creating this thread is to get everyone to put something that could prove that they can do what they can do, not for my sake, but for skeptics...

Keep in mind everyone, that everybody has their own views and opinions, if you never experienced what you experienced would you even know anything about the subject, or matter, especialy if you live in a religious family, or you don't watch movies and TV and never heard of psychics...

For example if you grew up and lived on an island and you were un-touched by civilization, and everyone in your community could comunicate with eachothers minds, or do anything 'paranormal' and it was the norm there. Then you somehow leave, or are forced off the island and you find civilization, you then explain how you can communicate with people differently, or do other things, people see, people watch, hear, etc. But they think that its a magic trick or otherwise... Who is right in this situation... If you don't know something its not true to you... does it make it NOT true, no, it makes you stuborn, simple minded, and a new/er soul...

K now I will start replying to each indivdual (or groups if its on the same subject)

srry it took me soo long to reply i was on vacation and couldnt take my laptop with me but i dont think the stamp thing worked and you seem really logical and i wanted to know if you could help me figure this out. sorry its soo long

big thanks if you have any answers and thanks for taking the time to read it

Well your being haunted... not in the bad way, but neverthe less those are all things that happen when you are being haunted.

Everything you describe co-relates with eachother, if the person the charm belongs to has died recently, or died before around the time that happened they only wanted to show you that they were watching over you... though you might think your 'misplaced' you can still find what your looking for where you think you've been... (this is what I get..)

The Irish ring co-relates with the Irish boy, either of these things could have taken place... One you met him before and he gave you the ring, and then he died, and is still connected to the ring... The other would be that someone who looked close to you (or not even close but had the same hair, or skin color) was givin the ring in marrage, and that guy was killed for it, or died in a war... He did not look that old, but around 40-50s... Shorter... and had medals... so yes, it was a gift before the war... Who gave you this ring?? He is about that age you said, maybe older by a year or two...

Keep in mind all of this had flooded through me... It started as a short figure, then I saw emotions (smile) then I saw an outfit, then I saw his shoes (boots), and the whole time I was typing all that, he kept nodding and smilling... it was wierd... by the way just out of curiosity is that ring copper? or at least has a green tinge to it?? I get one of the two, either copper turning a finger green, or the ring itself being green... its ahrd to tell as its one ontop of the other...

Well I'll TTYL

Ahem.

As I've had to remove several posts from within this thread, a reminder to all members posting here to avoid making Ad Hominem attacks.

Please discuss the topic, not the people posting within it.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]

Well your being haunted... not in the bad way, but neverthe less those are all things that happen when you are being haunted.

Everything you describe co-relates with eachother, if the person the charm belongs to has died recently, or died before around the time that happened they only wanted to show you that they were watching over you... though you might think your 'misplaced' you can still find what your looking for where you think you've been... (this is what I get..)

The Irish ring co-relates with the Irish boy, either of these things could have taken place... One you met him before and he gave you the ring, and then he died, and is still connected to the ring... The other would be that someone who looked close to you (or not even close but had the same hair, or skin color) was givin the ring in marrage, and that guy was killed for it, or died in a war... He did not look that old, but around 40-50s... Shorter... and had medals... so yes, it was a gift before the war... Who gave you this ring?? He is about that age you said, maybe older by a year or two...

Keep in mind all of this had flooded through me... It started as a short figure, then I saw emotions (smile) then I saw an outfit, then I saw his shoes (boots), and the whole time I was typing all that, he kept nodding and smilling... it was wierd... by the way just out of curiosity is that ring copper? or at least has a green tinge to it?? I get one of the two, either copper turning a finger green, or the ring itself being green... its ahrd to tell as its one ontop of the other...

Well I'll TTYL

well first i would like to ask u what the guys face looked like bc i keep seeing the same person over and over in my dreams...would he happen to have dark brown or a like black hair and his eyes r some times a crystal blue or the change to a mint green but when he seems mad they r almost black but i think they're jus really dark green or blue and he does it look like he use to be tall like a while ago but in this time he would be considered short?

and i do hav a gold one but it became too small and i tried to get my grandma to get me one for my birthday but she wanted to wait and get me one when she went to ireland but she ended up going to france and forgetting about it but like i had a the gold one in my little ring case and i went to put it on bc i could still wear it on my pinkie but it wasnt there but there was a silver version in its place but now their both gone and the silver had a green tint to it.

Its really weird that im the only one in my house that is being haunted and its not like just happening when no ones with me anymore like the doors will open and close when anyones around now its like they want attention??

thank you

• 1 month later...

LOL a month later... sorry for the latness I doubt you will see this, but hauntings wont stop at a house, and even that house hauntings are not only there because people are there, we can only tell because we are, how can we tell if were not there... Now a "haunting" can be an object of grerat interest of a ghost, or even a person, it is only limited by the dead persons own strength... Thats interesting about the color, and his face, was kind of broad, like manly with a bit of a boyish look... otherwise I dont remember... oh wait, the hair was dark brown but had a tinge of red in it... and the eyes were aqua blue... Now about the "attention" that can be just because of air preshure in your house. But most likly it does only want attention... If you were to just talk to it like a normal invisable person than it will respond in your dreams, or tell you in the back of your head.

Now sorry about the flame and starting this back up, but the only real person I have trouble with in here IS mattshark, if he chooses to tell me/us his point of view I don't mind it, but if I ask why he thinks that and he says "I don't believe in it because its not true" is not an answer and not logical at all. I'll go to the part of the forum with him if he wants to debate it and I hope he reads this so that he can tell me if he wants to go through with it... I would also mention to go research a bit and get to knowing something before you go and make stuff up again...

Edited by G3N0M3

Ahem.

As I've had to remove several posts from within this thread, a reminder to all members posting here to avoid making Ad Hominem attacks.

Please discuss the topic, not the people posting within it.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]

Sorry again about any post I had posted, I actualy wanted to see what I posted to see where the arguement went, but anyhow I dont think it was a personal attack more of a statement. But I don't know as I can't see the post, if it was in anyway derogitory towards a group, or an individual I'm sorry. The only thing I would not be sorry for is telling mattshark what is what... he continues to point out his believe but no backing whatsoever to the reasoning behind it, others, many others, have and that what I would like to see from him. Everytime I confront him to tell me the reason to why it is not possible for one thing or another to exist or not exist he give me a non-answer and eludes the point to go on to say whatever else is on his mind. If I had went around the site building my post count by saying one or two liners saying this don't exist because I don't think it exists would realy bring up my posts... as you can see through matts post count... I'm sure you go through his posts and see what I mean...

Nowq sorry for double posting here but I had to clear the air, and prove a point..

Also while I post here again I did phone the university and asked if there was any way I could attempt to prove this, they hung up and told me to not phone there again... I phoned back a week later and talked to someone who was a bit more open minded and they said that they probably could not do any tests... So I'm going to right out a "contract" saying that anything that may happen while testing is on my fault and not the universitys and that and try and iron out any kinks to why I could not get tests done... Also it would cost money if I were to do it, and not a small amount either, at least not for what I can spare...

You know, as far as proof goes, telekinesis might not be provable by video, but video definitely isn't going to hurt anything. If you can do it, I for one would be appreciative of a simply webcam video to show it.

Sorry again about any post I had posted, I actualy wanted to see what I posted to see where the arguement went, but anyhow I dont think it was a personal attack more of a statement. But I don't know as I can't see the post, if it was in anyway derogitory towards a group, or an individual I'm sorry. The only thing I would not be sorry for is telling mattshark what is what... he continues to point out his believe but no backing whatsoever to the reasoning behind it, others, many others, have and that what I would like to see from him. Everytime I confront him to tell me the reason to why it is not possible for one thing or another to exist or not exist he give me a non-answer and eludes the point to go on to say whatever else is on his mind. If I had went around the site building my post count by saying one or two liners saying this don't exist because I don't think it exists would realy bring up my posts... as you can see through matts post count... I'm sure you go through his posts and see what I mean...

Nowq sorry for double posting here but I had to clear the air, and prove a point..

Also while I post here again I did phone the university and asked if there was any way I could attempt to prove this, they hung up and told me to not phone there again... I phoned back a week later and talked to someone who was a bit more open minded and they said that they probably could not do any tests... So I'm going to right out a "contract" saying that anything that may happen while testing is on my fault and not the universitys and that and try and iron out any kinks to why I could not get tests done... Also it would cost money if I were to do it, and not a small amount either, at least not for what I can spare...

I'm very dubious. Testing could be done at no expense and with ease and you wouldn't just ask that at a switch board, you would only discuss any of that with a professor, not with reception. If you get yourself to Belfast I will gladly test it for you.

Which University and which department did you contact?

Edited by Mattshark

I'm very dubious. Testing could be done at no expense and with ease and you wouldn't just ask that at a switch board, you would only discuss any of that with a professor, not with reception. If you get yourself to Belfast I will gladly test it for you.

No one's taken you up on that offer yet, have they? Funny that.

No one's taken you up on that offer yet, have they? Funny that.

Thats just it, the claims are always there, just not the proper evidence.

U of Manitoba, I need to get a hold of the professor though, that would probably clear more air. Also testing costs money to take up their time, I mean it wouldnt be a 5 min test or anything, this is like months of testing I'm talking about. Different situatuions, different "abilities", different state of minds, etc. And I'm sure I wouldnt stop at me, I would like to make a couple posts in a local e-paper, or after the testing on myself I will go with the Sun, or Free Press...

I would be glad to head there and go around Ireland too, would be interesting. But that would not be for awhile as money is tight with all the companies screwing me around...

<b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Astral Projection -<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b> You can not prove if astral projection is possible unless you have curtain measuring devices. I have practiced and experienced astral projection many times, I have never been to some far off landscape, and have never left my own city. I have been to places I had never visited before in reality and then later down the road visited when I tell my friends or family about the area as we are going through it, they assure me that we or I have never been there before, I then explain to them what features there are before we approach or discover. There are ways you can put things together and hypothesis why it is possible. For example ghosts, ghosts are energy floating around be it permanently grounded or not. Now who says that we can't do the same thing with our own soul or energy, almost like dieing a little and then releasing that energy and then controlling that energy where to go. Now if you don't believe in ghosts than this theory is incorrect, but that's still your opinion and you can still find that out for yourself WITHOUT training. The only way I could see that you could measure scientifically that a person can emit their energy and travel other places is by an electrometer or a spectrometer, with this you can have the meters in a separate room away from the 'subject' and have the subject project himself into that room and stay in one spot long enough for the spectrometer to visually see that it is something and the electrometer to measure that it IS an electromagnetic force/spirit/apparition/etc...

What your describing here wouldn't be what is called astral projection. Beleive it or not the term astral projection literally means projecting yourself onto the astral level, which is most likely not in your city. I think you might be talking about an OBE or something similar. The astral level is a level of thoughtforms, think of it as your own personal dreamscape, a place to gain higher self awareness, which is different for everyone.

Well I believe in pyrokinesis and telekinesis and so on and there is proof everywhere.

Why?

Well I define this stuff like manipulating something with your mind right?

So what does that mean that you think something and it happens?

Um no I define this by using your mind or knowledge about fire or something to manipulate something in short called science.

If you know what fire is and how it works you can easily be a pyrokinetic.

You can change color of fire to be green (chloride sulfat) you can make big flame from small flame (throw sawdust that acts as fuel in flame)

You can put things on fire without fire (put phosphorus on paper that ignites on air)

To move object without touching them use sound or air cannons aka vortex gun.

For cyrokinesis hm liquid nitrogen or dry ice mixed with certian fluids just don't inhale those fumes.

For "reading" minds use cold reading and psychology.

You can manipulate things with your "mind"(knowledge) because knowledge is power.

most of videos showing those "real" powers are useless pyrokinetics just make flames a little bigger or something like that while using real knowledge about those stuff you can do mind blowing things and not some rotating psi wheel.

Edited by phreakstep

<!--quoteo(post=2944194:date=Jun 21 2009, 10:06 PM:name=ValkyrieVoice)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ValkyrieVoice @ Jun 21 2009, 10:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2944194"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Um, just curious; How can we prove online any of our gifts/talents?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You can't unless you can find scientific papers online that document these powers along with the evidence. It must also be peer reviewed and accepted by the scientific community as valid.

Right. And as far as I know there have been no repeatable or reproducible demonstrations of psychic powers documented by science. Yes, there were government funded studies and yes some universities had parapsychology departments but those things are pretty scarce these days because none yielded any meaningful results. It seems that when held to the standards of science, psychic abilities seem to vanish.

None of these claims count as proof. You have to have it verified by a university. Otherwise I can say I make magic pink unicorns appear with a wave of my hand.

I almost completely agree with you....aside from the fact that a university is the only way to tell for sure.

I believe myself to be a natural (not practiced) empath and psychokenetic( the ability to read the past present future etc in objects and places) I did not ask for or practice or even know wht these things were I just know what I have been able to do all of my life. I know there are alot of "quacks" out there, but I am not one of them, I do not practice my skills for money. I have, on this site done some readings and I think I was more suprised than anyone at how many time my readings were correct.

With that said, here is my opinion, Paranormal gifts are something you are born with, not something you aquire through so called practice. I also believe that everyone is born with at least one gift, but finding that gift and knowing how to use it, is a long road and one not always traveled.

I almost completely agree with you....aside from the fact that a university is the only way to tell for sure.

I believe myself to be a natural (not practiced) empath and psychokenetic( the ability to read the past present future etc in objects and places) I did not ask for or practice or even know wht these things were I just know what I have been able to do all of my life. I know there are alot of "quacks" out there, but I am not one of them, I do not practice my skills for money. I have, on this site done some readings and I think I was more suprised than anyone at how many time my readings were correct.

With that said, here is my opinion, Paranormal gifts are something you are born with, not something you aquire through so called practice. I also believe that everyone is born with at least one gift, but finding that gift and knowing how to use it, is a long road and one not always traveled.

That does not compute lol.

First you agree with him but then you present same claims as those people and you claim you are not a quack like those.

Tell me what will happen 2 days in the future some story that will be on the news but you must present it in full detail and not some clouded **** like I see a story on the news it will be something about politics something will be changed and so on.

If you can't then you are a quack.

Erm maybe you should learn what psychokinesis it.

Psyche - mind.

Kinesis - moving.

Psychokinesis is just another way of say telekinesis.

That does not compute lol.

First you agree with him but then you present same claims as those people and you claim you are not a quack like those.

Tell me what will happen 2 days in the future some story that will be on the news but you must present it in full detail and not some clouded **** like I see a story on the news it will be something about politics something will be changed and so on.

If you can't then you are a quack.

Fisrt of all...I agree with his statement that saying you are psychic online doesn't mean that you are.

Secondly I really do not care weather other people believe me or not...

I can't tell you whats gonna happen in 3 days or anything of the sort...I said I am an empath not a clairvoyant...

Perhaps you should study the paranormal before bashing someone else for stating certain abilities.

there are many different gifts that present themselves in many different ways...clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentece, empathy, theese are all different gifts that work in different ways.

I could stand next to you & tell you what kind of mood you are in, if you feel hurt, sad, mad, etc. but I cannot , nor did I ever claim to be able to tell the future. I did some readings on here for fun and I was actually correct for the most part, but I never claimed to be a fortune teller.

Perhaps you should brush up on you paranormal vocabulary before insulting anyone else.

Erm maybe you should learn what psychokinesis it.

Psyche - mind.

Kinesis - moving.

Psychokinesis is just another way of say telekinesis.

ok so I said the wrong word.....perhaps you could tell me the correct word for someone who can read past events in objects or places because I apparently have been wrong for a while.

ok so I said the wrong word.....perhaps you could tell me the correct word for someone who can read past events in objects or places because I apparently have been wrong for a while.

Charlatan works for me!