Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seventeen Cattle Mysteriously Die at Gilmer Ranch

UM-Bot

news iconAn East Texas rancher is looking for a logical explanation after seventeen of his cows fall dead within hours, with no obvious reason.

It was Sunday that rancher Ronny Blasengame and his longtime neighbor A.D. Varner began finding dead cattle on a ranch off of Cherokee trace near Gilmer.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: kltv.com

its probably something as simple as the local water supply being contaminated

its probably something as simple as the local water supply being contaminated

NOOOO must be the terrorist contaminating it with anthrax tongue.gif On a serious note

must be that oil rig they mention producing chemical that is harmful disgust.gif .

Initially I thought it MUST have something to do with the rig being there...however this only raised another BIG question to me, cuz lots of oil rigs drill in farmers fields everyday and I've never heard (or is it HERD LOL hehehe) of cows dying from it.

There really should be some kind of further investigation done to the clear jelly-like fungus that oozes out of the ground in the spring...why just take the word of an area Ag-extension agent that it isn't deadly...i mean really they are pumping oil from the same ground, whats to say this oozing substance hasn't been contaminated somehow.

• 17 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's these things called vets and pathologies and autopsies....

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 11:31 PM, cfergus79 said:

Very interesting that it’s on Cherokee Trace, I am from here and a lot of strange things happen on this road.

A lot of strange things happen all over East Texas because...ahem...it's East Texas....lots of sticks I hear...

Actually, I once watched Rainbow Bridge at the theatre in Glimer...my college roommate was the projectionist...

I was unable to view the link but...if 17 cows die suddenly...water supply....like I said, It's East Texas...Still Texas but still...a third world country all unto it's own...

Edit: Doh!  Note to self...always...look at the date on the OP...2004...pffft....geeze....

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked