Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oceans of Europa: Will the Solar Systems' 1st

thefinalfrontier

Jupiter's Europa. One of the most interesting non-Earth locations in the solar system. Never mind ice and occasional puddles, this moon has entire oceans - and where there's water, we can't help but hope there's life. Recent results show that there are heat sources to drive evolution of such as well, but there's still debate over what's actually going on in there.

Europa has been of interest since we started to suspect it hid water under its frozen crust, attracting the interest of everyone from NASA to Arthur C. Clarke. The widely accepted picture has Europa's rocky core stressed by the Jupiter's gravity.

linked-imageRead more...

(mankind has pondered this for eons and the time is getting close to find out)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevewinn

• behaviour???

• Odetth

• Zac Rumple

possible places outside earth that may hold life:

europa

titan

mars

wonder where else :huh:

Yes i believe it will. We should have paused certain missions and threw everything at missions to Europa. because i just have a feeling life exists there. if it turns out lifeless i'll be gutted.

The Future is in space.............

Thanks

B???

• 2 weeks later...

There won't be life on it. The only way that there could be life is if evolution was possible. Life doesn't come from nothing. Sure, organisms within species change to better adapt their environment, but they don't change into an entirely different species. Evolution is bull ****, therefore there will be no life on that moon.

There won't be life on it. The only way that there could be life is if evolution was possible. Life doesn't come from nothing. Sure, organisms within species change to better adapt their environment, but they don't change into an entirely different species. Evolution is bull ****, therefore there will be no life on that moon.

I think it would be best for all involved, if you kept things like this to yourself.

Well you sir have quite a twisted self-definition of evolution. :huh: Please inform yourself before posting.

Welcome to UM.

Edited by Alex01

I honestly think that the most likely abode for life in our solar system outside the Earth is the upper atmosphere of Venus - it may have had oceans for a brief period early in its history, above the cloud decks theres 1.5 times the sunlight as here in a 30 degree Celsius and 3 bar layer... plenty of CO2 and sulfur in the clouds, water can be created from sulfuric acid... life could have originated like it did on our world, in the ocean, and adapted and evolved to a new habitat as the planet went to hell...

I think one of the advantages to Europa having life is that it happens to orbit the largest body in our solar system, so it'll have had lots of space junk thrown at it, and hopefully some carbon molecules.

lol

I think one of the advantages to Europa having life is that it happens to orbit the largest body in our solar system, so it'll have had lots of space junk thrown at it, and hopefully some carbon molecules.

lol

You forget that that planet is also a huge radiation sink.

• 2 weeks later...

we may never know, what if life already evolved there, like real mermen and mermaids like creatures with an existing civilization... cool...