Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Wrestling Thread

Mentalcase

ok...think cactus jack...with all the barbed wire...and a torn shirt...like he's been stabbed, there is blood comming out of the rips...and in smeared blood, it reads "No Chairs, No Pain, No Blood" and on the back its the same as the front, with all the blood and every thing...but the lettering says "No Fun"

and torn and tattered Black jeans...and blood-stained tape on my wrists and knuckles...

that church alter guy is p***ing me off...i hope he gets his career ended...well, maybe not that...but something...

how about Kurt Angle with his broken leg and screwed up skull...big show tossed as if he were a rag doll...jesus...

Urg...my friend warned me I'd feel it in the morning, and damn he was right dontgetit.gif

All my joints are really stiff, my back feels painful, my collar bone is still red, and the backs of my thighs are really strained...when I kneeled down to pick something up a while ago, it was hard to straighten my legs to stand wacko.gif

But aside from that, I feel great grin2.gif I'm told this is what everyone is like the first time...apparantly it'll be the worst today, and ease up a little until mid-week. At the second session, I'll be a bit banged up on the day, but I'll feel it a lot less the next day.

One of those things I've gotta deal with I guess cool.gif

Anyway, on to your name...how about "Carnage"? It sounds inkeeping with the character, but moves away from the obvious Mick Foley rip off wacko.gif

Right . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .but I was never into Soccer, nay could I play soccer that good. You wanna talk sports lets talk about floor hockey. 

OK again i will add that its not soccer its football. disgust.gif

Ofcourse football is better than wrestling its real lol wink2.gif

Only kiddin that was meant for sera.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

how about Kurt Angle with his broken leg and screwed up skull...big show tossed as if he were a rag doll...jesus...

That is tongue in cheek right???

You do realise that there was obviously a big comfy mat or net lined up for kurt to gently land in before they moved it and only then conviently showed him on the concrete.

You see its these wee daft skits that put me of WWE, one minute im thinking this is really quite enjoyable then some guy commits GBH lol and they expect us to believe that it just happened.

Why cant it just be good staged wresting matches , so its fake i dont care doesnt mean we cant enjoy it, but all the daft bits nah im sorry its so annoying.

I know he lands on a nice soft comfy mat...but the fact that big show can pick him up and toss him off of the ledge was what impressed me...because Angle is not exactl ythe smallest guy in the locker room

Carnage...hmmmm...I like it, but i'm almost positive someone has it already...I'll chack it out, and if its free, i'll use it...Thanks!

Carnage...hmmmm...I like it, but i'm almost positive someone has it already...I'll chack it out, and if its free, i'll use it...Thanks!

You'll be very hard pressed to find a name that isn't already in use by someone, somewhere tongue.gif The trick is just to find one that isn't being used by anyone that's well known, so nobody can sue you wink2.gif

Backlash was off the wall!

Well most matches kinda sucked, but orton vs foley just showed why foley is the best risk taker of all time! Im not giving away the winner, but this match was wrestlemania qaulity.

The main event was a replica of the match from wrestlemania, but the crowd reaction just took it to another level. Overall it was a really good PPV.

Sera, thats cool. I hope you do well 'Rasslin. Your love for the sport can only make you an asset to wrestling.

btw, do you know anything about this Eugene guy on Raw? Is he good in the ring?

I've never seen him anywhere else.

I've seen that Eugene guy a few times before on raw, i've never seen him wrestle but he's kinda funny,i'm sure that some rights group is gonna get mad at the character.Also i wanna see Rhyno more he's one of my favs

When I first saw him on Raw, I thought it was wrong to do that. Then I started thinking it really is much different than Tom Hanks or Sean Penn playing a mentaly ill person in a movie.

I bet he will be awsome in the ring. Probably be all business the second the bell rings.

Eugine = Nick Dinsmore.

Nick's one of the best wrestlers in the US, and when he gets in the ring, I'm hoping they let him do his thing tongue.gif

Of course, it's more likely they'll make him act like a jobber...

More than likely??? Its almost a certanty...

but hey, hopefully he will wrestle...and he will be really good, and he'll win a few titles...

oh no no no tongue.gif You say that as though you expect the WWE to push someone with talent huh.gif Benoit and Eddie are, I'm afraid, the exception rather than the rule. I'm mean...Bradshaw...*shudders*

Speaking of talentless (which, as we all know "Bradshaw" is another word for)...*cringes* Next training session is in a couple of days...been a long week with all the aches and pains I've had tongue.gif Hopefully next time I'll recover a little quicker cool.gif

You know, back in the mists of time, when Xenojin and I were arguing in the old thread about the pros and cons of wrestling, I started a thread on the Steve Corino board, about how the attitude the mainstream population had to wrestling just made me so angry tongue.gif

That thread's being going strong in the meantime, and thought I'd just share a recent post I made there...I'm aware, even now, that some folks still share this tedious "it's fake...I refuse to like a fake sport" idea, so this is a brief sum up of my veiw on that...

I think a good friend of mine put it best....

"Wrestling is worked...it's not faked."

There's a difference between working with an opponent to put on a good match, and whatever ridiculous steriotype the general public seem to think wrestling is.

Just because things are predetermined, does not mean these guys are not getting hurt out there, and putting themselves through hell every time they go into that ring. Every bump, every move, every time you have to get up after the average person would probably be rolling around in pain....it hurts like hell, and no matter how careful guys are, it's almost certain that they're gonna get hurt.

In any other sport in the world, if a guy broke a limb, or was otherwise injured, the match would end...or he'd be switched for another player...or there'd be some huge controversy about it. Wrestlers get hurt all the time in the ring, and not only continue to work, but it's them who suffer this stigma of being called being "fake"...if any other sportsmen in the world put themselves through the same routine, day-in-day-out punnishment that a wrestler does, I might regard them with even a fraction of the same respect.

Anyway...I digress...I tend to rant when I get on this subject...in any event, the point is anyone who thinks it's fake can go take a flat backed bump, not even a suplex or a backdrop or whatnot, and see how long it takes them to get up. After that, we'll hear them talk about how "fake" it is.

Basically, I feel that wrestlers push themselves further and harder than any other sportsmen on the planet...and there are no other athletes in the world who put themselves through more, just for the sake of our entertainment.

Just thought I'd share...and now, I'm gonna go play Smackdown 5, where Seraphina is going to have a shoot match with Goldberg, and fold him into many interesting shapes, because she can wrestle, and he can't thumbsup.gif

Just thought I'd share...and now, I'm gonna go play Smackdown 5, where Seraphina is going to have a shoot match with Goldberg, and fold him into many interesting shapes, because she can wrestle, and he can't

do you know how many times I have been eliminated from the royal rumble by Goldberg??? too many times to count...thats why me and my freinds take him out and replace him with Bill Cosby or "The Real" Ricky Fallon!!!

Royal Rumbles are really easy...all you need to do is whip someone towards the ropes, and then hit a running attack (clothslines work best, although I suppose shoulderblocks and kicks would work just as well), timed so that you hit them just as they hit the ropes. They'll tumble almost everytime.

Two things that let you know you've accomplished something in that game: beating 100 guys in slobberknocker mode, and winning the Royal Rumble in smackdown difficulty mode when you were the first person in the ring cool.gif

I'm still waiting for something on your CAWs by the way wink2.gif if you want the formulas for my big three (Seraphina, Shadowsleet, Kagato) then let me know.

I'm curious...

Recently, I've been reading a lot of articles that mention Randy Orton...the general idea seems to be that you either love him or hate him (most of the smarks seem to hate him), and I'm just wondering where everyone here falls.

My own personal opinion is that, while there's no doubt he's been shoved down our throats a little, I like the guy...you can talk all you want about "earning your dues" or whatnot, but you can't blame Randy for catching a break, and so long as he works hard, and puts on good matches, I've got no problem whatsoever with him being placed high on the card.

For his age, Randy is actually very good in the ring...of course, when I argued this to a smark, they shot back with "no he's not! He's terrible! Compair him to Shelton Benjamin or Brock Lesnar"....which is a rather stupid. Shelton Benjamin and Brock are incredible for their age, and are better than some guys who've been wrestling for years. Compaired to the average guy in his early-to-mid twenties, Randy's a very impressive guy in the ring, no doubt.

On the mic, he's still a little wooden...but he is improving. But if mic skills were all that mattered, then I don't think we'd be marking out for Chris Benoit as much as we do tongue.gif And we all love Chris, oh yes we do.

Anyway, I've got no real problem with Randy, and I can't recall him ever having a bad match (his match with RVD a few months ago turned a mediocre RAW into a great one...but then again...that was against RVD). The smarks can say when they like, but meh to them tongue.gif

Anyway, let's hear whatcha think.

On a sidenote, caught some matches from Backlash yesterday after a friend downloaded them...main event was good, but not as good as the one at Mania (although the crowd were all over Shawn...good for them grin2.gif Mick vs Randy was actually pretty good...and the other one I saw was Kain vs Edge, which was utterly dire disgust.gif)

Edited by Seraphina

I like Randy Orton so much...he is one of my favorites...his whole "Legend killer" thing was awsome...I enjoy watching the old guys getting beaten...

ok...I'm sending the CAW's today Sera...

Another note...I got just MSN messenger...if anybody has it, feel free to check my profile to get the identity....

Next time Randy Orton wants to call himself a legend killer, I hope the very symbolic bells ring throughout the arena and a dark blue light is cast just at the moment the bright lights go out and a thick fog pours down the ramp and fills the ring where Randy Orton is standing. Then let's hear what Randy Orton has to say.

wouldn't...no, Couldn't happen...Taker is smackdown, orton is Raw...thus being, it won't...It CAN'T happen...

and Orton is a legend killer...didn't you see what he did to Cactus Jack?

I would hate a Taker/Orton fued...Taker is too past his prime to work a good match anymore, doesn't sell, and would refuse to put Randy over, and kill his heat. Wouldn't want that to happen at all.

I must admit, The Foley/Orton match was very good...I do feel Foley did most of the work in that match, but Randy still sold some of that stuff damn well. Great match...but Foley's infamous for his great matches; he's not a great technician in the ring, but one thing Mick's always been able to do is tell a story, and he did a damn good job of it then, with Randy handling most of the physicality (that being said, Foley looks to be in the best physical shape I've seen him in for years...he looks to be in better shape than he was when he was actually wrestling!)

did you see...with the Tacks...ouchies...tacks hurt, I know from personal experience...walking down the stairs with a box of tacks...tripped...the box fell and broke open, and I landed on the tacks...lotta blood, lotta pain...

Ah, but you'll notice Randy landed on the thickest part of his back wink2.gif I doubt the tacs actually got through the muslce...bog standard flat backed bump, only with nasty pointy things underneath tongue.gif would have stung like hell though.

He did do a great blading job after getting blasted with the cactus plank though thumbsup.gif

Edited by Seraphina

I like Orton. He'll probably be the top-dog in WWE within 2 or 3 years. I'd like to see him feud with Sting (wishful thinking). I've read some rumors of Sting maybe going to the WWE.....heard anything about it Sera,...Krow?