Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old Apostolic Church

Ant1023

On 2015/04/02 at 9:42 PM, Beloved Timothy said:

According to the Old Apostolic Church, God made everything in its order and exact purpose. For example no one can be saved by any name other than that of Our Lord Jesus Christ, but remember it is the very same Christ who appointed Apostles as his representatives on earth...Matthew 10. Of which He Himself was and still is their Chief. These are just mere men of whom some we grew up with and others we will sometimes doubt because we now their natural lives but like it or not The OAC has the formular on how to enter the Heavens and they always have. Only those who study their teachings with body, mind and soul will discover the hidden treasures from above. Though if you are of this world. No matter how long Jesus talks to you, you will not hear nor understand Him.

Not true, OAC doctrine doesn't believe the physical Creation account of Genesis, OAC doctrine believe the earth is the mind of man, water is words and that light is enlightenment (Gnosis). By the way, there were only twelve apostles and according to Revelation 21:10-14 their names are written in the foundations of the holy Jerusalem. If a foundation has already been laid then there's no need to lay other foundations. The start of the modern day "apostle movement" can only trace its roots as far back as 1832. At a prayer meeting in 1832, the wealthy banker and Member of Parliament, Henry Drummond named Advocate John Bate Cardale as an “apostle”. Advocate John Bate Cardale was recognized as the first “living apostle” of the movement and he in turn ordained the banker and Member of Parliament, Henry Drummond as the “angel” of the group. The new “apostle” was treated with great honor, receiving a special seat on the gallery and taking precedence over all the other ministries in the church. Unlike the Albury Movement, Catholic Apostolic Church and the New Apostolic Church that preceded it, the OAC do not believe that Jesus will return. The OAC claim that they are Jesus.

On 2015/02/13 at 7:43 AM, King Luda said:

I'm from the old apostolic church, and to answer @keven......there's only one church that's spoken about in the bible and thts the apostles, I've neva read about any other church there.....aswell as officers of the church, no other officers like popes nd pastors nothing

There's also nothing in the Bible about underdeacon or that the overseer is actually two offices (pastor + teacher). Keep reading your Bible.

• 3 months later...

1 Cor 12:12 

Unity and Diversity in One Body

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into[c] one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the best[d] gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

Eph 4:11   And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

10 hours ago, TheStone said:

1 Cor 12:12 

Unity and Diversity in One Body

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into[c] one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the best[d] gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

Jesus Christ isn’t the OAC or any other church for that matter. To say that Jesus Christ is the church is the same as saying the husband is the wife. They may be one flesh but they are still two distinct people. He is the head of the church and the savior of the body (Ephesians 5:23-33, Colossians 1:18).

There is only one REAL Jesus and He is the ONLY Messiah.

Eph 4:11   And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

That great city, the holy Jerusalem out of heaven from God has twelve gates named after the twelve tribes of the children of Israel. The wall of the city has twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb (Revelations 21:10-14).

In other words you won’t read Klibbe or Ninow or Campbell or Boshoff on these foundations. Before a house is built, the foundation first needs to be laid. Once the foundation has been laid, the house can be built. Once building starts, there’s no need to lay the foundation again!

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus

http://oldapostolicchurchrevealed.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/doctrine-apostles-today.html

John 4:24  24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Now let us read John 4:24 in context with the other verses before it:

John 4:20-24 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

From the context it is clear that because God is a Spirit, He is not limited geographically, He can be worshipped wherever the true worshippers may find themselves geographically. It has absolutely nothing to do with literal interpretation of the Scriptures.

http://oldapostolicchurchrevealed.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/doctrine-spiritual-vs-natural.html

17 hours ago, TheStone said:

Christ Our Cornerstone

EPH2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Jude 10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.

16 hours ago, TheStone said:

Jude 10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

On 6/25/2009 at 5:56 PM, Ant1023 said:

Does anyone belong to this church? I want to ask some questions if you dont mind.

Thanks

.....    Nope  ... (edit)   wrong church .   

Edited by back to earth

On 25/02/2017 at 0:14 AM, Ex-OAC said:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

John 4:48
Jesus said to him, "Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will never believe."

Seeing as the OP hasn't been back on this site since August 2009, there's little point in keeping this open.

Thread Closed

• The topic was locked