Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled

Irish

Posted: June 24, 2009

9:35 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

The patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia says he will announce to the world Friday the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant, perhaps the world's most prized archaeological and spiritual artifact, which he says has been hidden away in a church in his country for millennia, according to the Italian news agency Adnkronos.

linked-imageRead more...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• HerNibs

• WoIverine

• questionmark

Hmmm... wonder what they will show..

What did the Pope have to say about it? Article mentions that it will be discussed later in the week.

This isn't the ark that looks like an old salad bowl is it? Saw that on one the of History Channels wonderful shows.

Nibs

I get somewhat annoyed lately about all those Friday unveilings, disclosures, proofs, etc that, curiously enough, never pan out...

I get somewhat annoyed lately about all those Friday unveilings, disclosures, proofs, etc that, curiously enough, never pan out...

Well, if anyone drags out a freezer I'm changing the channel.

:P

HN

HN

lol, hopefully not with a bigfoot in it either :)

Hmmm... wonder what they will show..

I bet what ever they display or show won't be allowed to be examined by experts. They cold wrap a black and decker work bench in gold tin foil and put it behind glass :D

HN

:lol:

lol, hopefully not with a bigfoot in it either :)

come on, I would rather hear bout Bigfoot than this crap that's gonna show nothing interesting

HN

So cynical, HN! ;)

What did the Pope have to say about it? Article mentions that it will be discussed later in the week.

This isn't the ark that looks like an old salad bowl is it? Saw that on one the of History Channels wonderful shows.

Nibs

I was thinking the same thing, it was supposed to be some sort of drum or something.

Infact Id swear I saw a show that said the Ark had been removed from Ethiopia and hauled south to Central Africa, or possibly burried with the Queen of Shiba.

IF this is the ark, isnt there going to be problems if the wrong folks touch it? So that sorta means experts cant examine it, doesnt it?

I call preemptive bunk on this one.

Although it would be cool to see it melt some faces. Raiders style.

MUCH ABOUT HISTORY

'Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

Ethiopian patriarch tells pope he will show artifact to world

Posted: June 24, 2009

9:35 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

The patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia says he will announce to the world Friday the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant, perhaps the world's most prized archaeological and spiritual artifact, which he says has been hidden away in a church in his country for millennia, according to the Italian news agency Adnkronos.

Abuna Pauolos, in Italy for a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI this week, told the news agency, "Soon the world will be able to admire the Ark of the Covenant described in the Bible as the container of the tablets of the law that God delivered to Moses and the center of searches and studies for centuries."

The announcement is expected to be made at 2 p.m. Italian time from the Hotel Aldrovandi in Rome. Pauolos will reportedly be accompanied by Prince Aklile Berhan Makonnen Haile Sellassie and Duke Amedeo D'Acosta.

REST HERE

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=102119

True? Hoax? Hmmmm ...

MK,

Sean

That would be hilarious!

Well I am looking forward to seeing it. It is about time for them to show it. Then perhaps I can come to some sort of conclusion about it in my own mind.

He is not actually going to show the Ark on Friday, as that is (possibly) still in Ethiopia, just announce when it will be shown and when it will be put in the Museum.

Strange that it is in the hands of Christians dont you think?? B)

Hmm, I somehow don't believe this, as there are many imposter ark's in Ethiopia. They even have a festival once per year where they drag "The Ark" through their village streets and dance around it. Is this Ark one of the imposters? I guess the only real way to tell is have somebody touch it....I volunteer Mirror Image! *schemes* (if Mirror Image touches the Ark, I'll be one step closer to global domination with my aquatic sub rulers!) :devil:

Hmm, I somehow don't believe this, as there are many imposter ark's in Ethiopia. They even have a festival once per year where they drag "The Ark" through their village streets and dance around it. Is this Ark one of the imposters? I guess the only real way to tell is have somebody touch it....I volunteer Mirror Image! *schemes* (if Mirror Image touches the Ark, I'll be one step closer to global domination with my aquatic sub rulers!) :devil:

You might be one step closer to the funny farm, with the rubber wallpaper; but as to your ridiculous schemes for world domination? Man, you just ain't kicking it! *shakes head*

Laser guided sharks... my butt! :P

On a side note, the main article states: "Ethiopians believe it is destined to be delivered to the Messiah when He reigns on Mount Zion, the Temple Mount in Jerusalem."

In Revelation, in the Bible, supposedly the Antichrist figure sets up his one world religion in Jerusalem where he presides from the temple mount...

Atheist, agnostic, believer, whatever, this isn't looking good people. lol

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

all I can say is some one should check for this ..............

linked-image

How and who are they unveiling it too ? I thought no one but a select few can view it . so much for that.

LTR ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fascinating anyway you look at it. The Ethiopians have been guarding it for so long, I am most eager to see what it looks like. Even more eager to see if they will allow scholars to inspect it. We shall see.

Most kindly,

Sean

Edited by seanph

all I can say is some one should check for this ..............

linked-image

How and who are they unveiling it too ? I thought no one but a select few can view it . so much for that.

Nah, anybody can view it, only a select few can supposedly touch it without being immediately fried crispy. The Israelites supposedly used to carry it around in field battles or so the story goes.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

So when today is the announcement?

Nibs

*feeling lazy and ADDish*

He is not actually going to show the Ark on Friday, as that is (possibly) still in Ethiopia, just announce when it will be shown and when it will be put in the Museum.

Strange that it is in the hands of Christians dont you think?? B)

Not really, only a minority of the Jews living in Ethiopia did not convert in the first few centuries. Ethiopia can claim for itself to be the first Christian country.

Not really, only a minority of the Jews living in Ethiopia did not convert in the first few centuries. Ethiopia can claim for itself to be the first Christian country.

According to the 2009 national census, over 37 million people or 43.5% were reported to be Ethiopian Orthodox Christians, over 29 million or 33.9% were reported to be Muslim, just under 15,7 million, or 18.6%, were Protestant, and just under two million or 2.6% adhered to traditional beliefs.[1]