Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled

Irish

Hmm, I somehow don't believe this, as there are many imposter ark's in Ethiopia. They even have a festival once per year where they drag "The Ark" through their village streets and dance around it. Is this Ark one of the imposters? I guess the only real way to tell is have somebody touch it....I volunteer Mirror Image! *schemes* (if Mirror Image touches the Ark, I'll be one step closer to global domination with my aquatic sub rulers!) :devil:
I'd be careful volunteering for that, SpIdEr. If you touch it some religious fanatic is going to assume you're the anti-Christ.

----------------------------------------------------------EDIT!!! ---------------------------------------

On a side note, the main article states: "Ethiopians believe it is destined to be delivered to the Messiah when He reigns on Mount Zion, the Temple Mount in Jerusalem."
On the other hand maybe they'll think you're the Second Coming. Edited by Siara

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• HerNibs

• WoIverine

• questionmark

Well there IS a legend that it's been hidden in Ethiopia.

What do you suppose would happen if he produced some 4000+ year old Judaic chest with two stone tablets inside? It would be fascinating to watch what happened next.

he couldn't produce it since only one priest is allowed near it on only one day a year. it's supposed to have wacky powers ! anything else would be garbage. or that means the bible is unreliable .

he couldn't produce it since only one priest is allowed near it on only one day a year. it's supposed to have wacky powers ! anything else would be garbage. or that means the bible is unreliable .
Maybe God revealed a new set of instructions to the Guardian Priest. I think that would be within the spiritual tradition...

---------------------

Reading this thread got me to thinking about the Ark of the Covenant" and I did a Google search.

In addition to the results I got the ULTIMATE POP-UP AD. See below.

linked-image

Edited by Siara

Strange that it is in the hands of Christians dont you think?? B)

No. Ethiopia is a Christian country and that's where the Ark has been. If Ethiopia were an Islamic country it wouldn't make much difference.

If Ethiopia were an Atheist country the Ark would've been deliberately destroyed in order to suppress information and history.

So no I don't think it's strange. Strange would be if it were the hands of atheists.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-place...ant-200712.html

The story is told in the Kebra Negast (Glory of the Kings), Ethiopia's chronicle of its royal line: the Queen of Sheba, one of its first rulers, traveled to Jerusalem to partake of King Solomon's wisdom; on her way home, she bore Solomon's son, Menelik. Later Menelik went to visit his father, and on his return journey was accompanied by the firstborn sons of some Israelite nobles—who, unbeknown to Menelik, stole the ark and carried it with them to Ethiopia. When Menelik learned of the theft, he reasoned that since the ark's frightful powers hadn't destroyed his retinue, it must be God's will that it remain with him. ...

"Queen Sheba visited King Solomon in Jerusalem three thousand years ago, and the son she bore him, Menelik, at age 20 visited Jerusalem, from where he brought the ark of the covenant back to Aksum. It's been in Ethiopia ever since."

Edited by Total Science

No. Ethiopia is a Christian country and that's where the Ark has been. If Ethiopia were an Islamic country it wouldn't make much difference.

If Ethiopia were an Atheist country the Ark would've been deliberately destroyed in order to suppress information and history.

So no I don't think it's strange. Strange would be if it were the hands of atheists.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-place...ant-200712.html

Huh? Atheists would have destroyed it? Why would we have feared an overdecorated box?

HN

Huh? Atheists would have destroyed it? Why would we have feared an overdecorated box?

HN

See, atheist are the ones who destroyed temples of believers, atheist persecuted people for believing, atheists kick kids from the Boy Scouts because they believe in God...NOT!

Do a little research on the Soviet Union.

What you say is ironically true.

and ironically christians have destroyed places of worship of others. and even some of other christians if they have a bug up their rear. Lots of black christian churches were torched by 'good old boy christian whites ' and recently too !

http://www.albionmonitor.com/9608a/churchburnings.html

ah feel the love .... unless your another color , race , sexuality .......

I'd be careful volunteering for that, SpIdEr. If you touch it some religious fanatic is going to assume you're the anti-Christ.

----------------------------------------------------------EDIT!!! ---------------------------------------

On the other hand maybe they'll think you're the Second Coming.

Anti-Christ? bah! I wouldn't want to rule over the inferior, puny humans, I'm more of the wipe everything out and start again kind of despot. lol (I'm just playing, I kid around a lot, probly too much.) :D

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

Do a little research on the Soviet Union.

What you say is ironically true.

Not exactly.

The Soviets feared organized religion because they thought it would be a threat to their government. It had nothing to do with any personal atheism of any government members. Your claim is akin to claiming that their beards caused them to destroy churches.