Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Michael Jackson has died

Lord Umbarger

Jackson died today, but his career died 15 years ago.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itsnotoutthere

• Lord Umbarger

• acidhead

• Bill Hill

I also predict a 78% reduction in "Elvis is Alive" sightings and a 1654% increase in "Michael Jackson" is alive sightings.

Yeah I agree... I can hardly wait, people will be saying things like "I saw Jackson at Disneyland," or "I saw Jackson at a children's nursery"

I Guess, both are plausible scenarios but that's beside the point. The guy was a legend of our times.

Edited by Bill Hill

A little heavy there. I mean, it's just a forum and all.

Still, of all the people to kick the bucket, who would have thought that Mickael Jackson would be the one to hit the dusty trail? What really sucks is that Farrah Facet died today too and she is bound to be totally eclipsed by this plastic fuitcake Peter Pan wannabe.

I know that I started a thread about his death and all but, MJ hasn't been newsworthy since 1985.

After this news it lead me to the question: Michael Jackson was alive? lol I thought the guy was a robot.

Hmmm...is it actually possible to O.D. on bleech?

Yeah I agree... I can hardly wait, people will be saying things like "I saw Jackson at Disneyland," or "I saw Jackson at a children's nursery"

I Guess, both are plausible scenarios but that's beside the point. The guy was a legend of our times.

You're just plain wicked.

They all seem to pass away near the end of June.

:[

Have the Police released anymore details about this guy, Cardio or Cardiac who was arrested at the scene?

linked-image

It is a sad .. sad day... One of the world's greatest icons died today of what I see as a broken heart.

A gifted child who made it to the top despite the racial tensions /apartheid of the times.

He was child from a talented family that had so much heart, soul, talent that it shone like a beam of light , that crossed all age and race barriers changed music, brought joy and entertainment to millions.

He was born in a time where blacks couldn't sit on the same bus as the whites.. couldn't enter white establishments other than in the service entrance, the back doors. Was good enough to entertain but not use the 'white toilets'. Had to learn at a painfully young, innocent age, that because of colour of his skin he was not an equal.

Can you imagine the confusion for this child. His magnificent talent , his gift as an entertainer fast made him a world icon.. he seemed to be adored by many.. even had his own cartoon based on his family..

The Jackson 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bc2RuUKcsM...feature=related

yet socially they were segregated just like all the others who were of color.

Imagine a child desperately needing to go to the toilet and being refused as it was for 'whites only'.

Not being able to enter premises that played his music yet said he was not considered worthy enough to enter just because of his color..

Finding out that his achievements were accepted, loved... yet he as a person,,seen only of the color he was born with was not..

See the family he loved being treated the same..

Yet the family pulled together.. despite the stresses of it... fought to prove they were just as good.. had to work twice as hard... so that their audience would accept them..

He was in the limelight all his life.. every thing he did was judged.. yet he kept going.. sang and danced his way into our hearts.

His mentor, Dianna Ross went thru the same trials, and was often there to counsel him.. support him.

The media tried to taint that..

He just wanted acceptance for who he was.. his soul.. his heart.. All he could give was his magnificent talents ... his gift of song and dance... the beauty of his soul... and he gave..

Yet the media was always there to twist what ever they could and he fought back with more song and dance.

The hurt and confusion never really healed.. His family was strong... his father made them fight harder.. dance and sing harder.. as he knew his family was great and deserved respect and acceptance.. But it was hard to fight hundreds of years of stupid prejudice.. the long held belief that one human was ascendant to another...the segregation that allowed one human race to lord it over and take advantage of another...

After a while he started to try to reinvent himself... with each new piece of his soul... his body of works... his albums... he started to change his appearance. To be accepted.. feel an equal... so that the painful memories of rejection in his childhood could be hopefully be erased.

We all know the cosmetic changes he undertook..

He had to create his own world... his Neverland.. because most likely the memories of his childhood...the confusing scenario of being adored... idolized .. yet still not accepted as an equal.. was hard to erase...

Has it really changed now?

A lot has changed.. but there is still much segregation out there in many parts of the world for this wound to constantly be opened.

His preference for hanging out with children..

I think much of this was to do with the fact that children never judged him.. they accepted him.. saw his gifts and talents.. and the need to be loved...This need that we all share...

Much of his reported weirdness was just a form self protection...to minimize the hurt.. his attempt to create a world where he was seen as OK.. His well deserved earnings helped him there... he could create his own ideal world, that he always dreamed of as a child...

The media judged him at every faltering step... yet was happy to siphon off every drop of his 'life force'... his soul.. his song.. his dance.. that brought joy to millions and will for a long time afterwards... and still slap him down at every opportunity...

He was ready to bare his soul on stage again.. despite knowing from experience.. people will try to rip him to shreds.... but this time his heart couldn't take it any more...

Edited by crystal sage

It is sad indeed! No matter what different people were thinking of him, he was the part of this world, known to anyone, so in some sense this is like one of the great Pyramids suddenly disappearing. It would be like with Elvis, a cult for years to come. Poor fella!

Not a fan never was but hey to each their own.

Just want to say; funny how the same thing that helped shoot him to super stardom making him mega rich (understatement) later butchering his career beyond repair, now contributes in sending out condolences & tributes...the mainstream (multi mass) media.

Don't know why but something tells me someone somewhere is going to place a conspiracy on his death (think Elvis)...

Faked his death, abducted by extratesticals, living in hiding in Alice Springs Australia etc etc...take your pick lol!

*edit: tpyo

Edited by REBEL

Just want to say; funny how the same thing that helped shoot him to super stardom making him mega rich (understatement) later butchering his career beyond repair, now contributes in sending out condolences & tributes...the mainstream (multi mass) media.

Don't know why but something tells me someone somewhere is going to place a conspiracy on his death (think Elvis)...

Faked his death, abducted by extratesticals, living in hiding in Alice Springs Australia etc etc...take your pick lol!

My thoughts are with Bubbles at this sad time.

Smooth Criminal

This one was my sons favorite song and video clip when he was really young.. like before he could talk. He loved it all, the dancing, music, the whole entertainment.. especially when the cat came in. He loved it all.

Edited by Kazahel

Personally I think Micheal died because he had lost his childhood. He was an extremely gifted human being who also lived a very blessed life but he burned out from the extreme spotlight.

The controversy that surrounded him will never be resolved fully but hopefully the good is never forgotten as well.

No Comment,

This may be a little harsh and out of turn but it is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

I don't feel this is a great loss, this freak has dodged real justice after child abuse cases because of who he is (WAS) and his wealth... parents can sleep safely now knowing there is one peadophile less to worry about.

Just like OJ simpson, justice has finally caught up with him.

Having said that I do feel for his family, they have lost someone dear to them and there loss is real.

Edited to add... I wouldn't be surprized if this was drug related?

Edited by Ohelemapit

Freudian slip there?

Personally I think Micheal died because he had lost his childhood. He was an extremely gifted human being who also lived a very blessed life but he burned out from the extreme spotlight.

The controversy that surrounded him will never be resolved fully but hopefully the good is never forgotten as well.

Your right. The same boys whose parents were suing him, would be soon writing memoirs about meeting him. Sure not less people pity his death than those who pity the death of Christ, no matter what were his negatives.

this freak has dodged real justice after child abuse cases because of who he is (WAS) and his wealth... parents can sleep safely now knowing there is one peadophile less to worry

Freak? Ahhh the ignorance of some people.

I just got back from a gay club and they were blasting michael all night. A legend and the king of pop and certainly not a freak. You have no idea what you are talking about. and BTW I am entitled to my opinion too :D

Freak? Ahhh the ignorance of some people.

I just got back from a gay club and they were blasting michael all night. A legend and the king of pop and certainly not a freak. You have no idea what you are talking about. and BTW I am entitled to my opinion too :D

Why do you have to say you just got back fro a a gay club.. why not say you were out clubbing and they blasted his music out.

I admit he was the king of pop but he certainly took the gold medal for being a freak.. as for me not knowing what I am taking about, his actions throughout the years qualify him a s a whacko.. :yes:;)

Edited by Ohelemapit

Well, my thoughts are with Farrah Fawcett. The same thing happened when Princess Diana died in the same week as Mother Teresa, tons & tons of outpouring drivel about 'princess of hearts' & all that nonsense but hardly any mention of Mother Teresas lifetime of devotion to the sick & poor.

Style always seems to win out over substance.

King of pop! king of celebrity more like.

Personally I think Micheal was suffering from some very serous issues that involved his self esteem and children but of course legally that may never be resolved now.

The last 10 to 15 years of his life he displayed some very troubling signs of this from his extreme plastic surgery to his feminization of himself to his obsession with children.

Again I think it has to with the fact that his childhood was stolen from him.

Personally I think Micheal was suffering from some very serous issues that involved his self esteem and children but of course legally that may never be resolved now.

The last 10 to 15 years of his life he displayed some very troubling signs of this from his extreme plastic surgery to his feminization of himself to his obsession with children.

Again I think it has to with the fact that his childhood was stolen from him.

Who cares about all this now? At the moment it is clear only that the King has died - and that there is no one to become King instead.