Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Michael Jackson has died

Lord Umbarger

Who cares about all this now? At the moment it is clear only that the King has died - and that there is no one to become King instead.

Well I do not want to go into panic mode just yet. I am sure pop music will find a new King (or Queen). I just wanted to take a moment to reflect on Micheal the man and not micheal the King.

Edited by TRUEYOUTRUEME

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itsnotoutthere

• Lord Umbarger

• acidhead

• Bill Hill

Maybe we shouldn't bother about having another King, why not just give someone respect based on whether they make good music. Jackson made good music, once, but that was a long time ago. Why not just encourage people, if they have the talent, to concentrate on making good music, not hype them into a position where they think that they have to Change the World or Make a Difference or any of the rest of it. In short, why have celebrities at all? What are they for? To sell papers, which would otherwise be obsolete in the modern world, and provide an audience for unnecessary TV channels.

Freudian slip there?

lol! actually meant that...just my sometimes Meet the Spartans kinda warped sense of humor :D

It's a controversial debate and I see both sides are hotly contested...

How about in the interests of peace, we find the compromise, the middle path.

How about,

Michael Jackson was the King of popaphiles?

No?

Who's died again? Have i missed something???

Edit - my mistake, I've just heard that Jackson is dead, it's a sad sad day for the world of tooling :( .......i gues spear will be going it alone now.. My thoughts and prayers are with horticultural centers the world over. :(

*lovingly strokes his monkey wrench for comfort*

Edited by Sky Scanner

Who cares about all this now? At the moment it is clear only that the King has died - and that there is no one to become King instead.

Not with today's music. :no:

Who's died again? Have i missed something???

Edit - my mistake, I've just heard that Jackson is dead, it's a sad sad day for the world of tooling :( .......i gues spear will be going it alone now.. My thoughts and prayers are with horticultural centers the world over. :(

*lovingly strokes his monkey wrench for comfort*

Now we'll never see that eagerly awaited Britney/Michael collaboration. :(

Though there may still be a chance for the one with Jack Black and Carol Decker off of 80's band T'Pau.

I must get some sort of prize now for most obscure musical and DIY reference.

From a musician's standpoint I can honestly say Michael was a true genius and a real American music icon. Every note in every Michael Jackson song was and always be pure talent. Despite his obvious troubled life I will always look at Michael as a musician. I will always remember him for that. I will always remember sitting in front of the TV waiting for the world premier video of 'Thriller' to come on and how awestruck I was by that video.

I haven't felt this way about a celebrity death since John Lennon died.

I hope the rumors are true that Michael has willed the entire Beatles catalog back to Paul McCartney.

-RIP Michael-

Now we'll never see that eagerly awaited Britney/Michael collaboration. :(

Though there may still be a chance for the one with Jack Black and Carol Decker off of 80's band T'Pau.

I must get some sort of prize now for most obscure musical and DIY reference.

I'd prefer Cilla Black to Jack black - The Cillit Bang tour - Bang and the musics gone!!

Personally I think Micheal died because he had lost his childhood. He was an extremely gifted human being who also lived a very blessed life but he burned out from the extreme spotlight.

The controversy that surrounded him will never be resolved fully but hopefully the good is never forgotten as well.

EXACTLY. If he'd had his way he would have stayed 12 years old forever. he was not at peace with the aging process. He was a true multi-media genius though and we all benefited from his spectacular creativity.

I don't know what to make of the controversy that surrounded him. Obviously, if it isn't true it's tragic that his memory will be associated with that. On the whole, people react very poorly to uniqueness in an individual and given the intensity of society's hysterical conservatism (I don't mean politics) it's hard to tell whether what he did was just very odd or went over the line morally. The public's attitude was either hysterically positive or hysterically negative and it's hard to get the facts in that kind of emotional environment.

----------------------------------------------

Speaking of death, I wanted to mention that Farrah went through her battle with cancer in the most dignified possible manner. She helped other people with rectal cancer to get better information and to discuss their illness with less embarrassment. I hope the shock of Michael Jackson's death doesn't obscure the fact that we lost one of the good ones when she passed away.

EXACTLY. If he'd had his way he would have stayed 12 years old forever. he was not at peace with the aging process. He was a true multi-media genius though and we all benefited from his spectacular creativity.

I don't know what to make of the controversy that surrounded him. Obviously, if it isn't true it's tragic that his memory will be associated with that. On the whole, people react very poorly to uniqueness in an individual and given the intensity of society's hysterical conservatism (I don't mean politics) it's hard to tell whether what he did was just very odd or went over the line morally. The public's attitude was either hysterically positive or hysterically negative and it's hard to get the facts in that kind of emotional environment.

----------------------------------------------

Speaking of death, I wanted to mention that Farrah went through her battle with cancer in the most dignified possible manner. She helped other people with rectal cancer to get better information and to discuss their illness with less embarrassment. I hope the shock of Michael Jackson's death doesn't obscure the fact that we lost one of the good ones when she passed away.

I don't think he was much at peace with the 'natural colour' process either.

I just got back from a gay club and they were blasting michael all night.

Sounds like, (northern accent) it were, a' right great night.

Okayy..so I know MJ was an amazing entertainer..but really?

I find it to be quite frustrating that there is going to be hours and hours of this coverage on television which could be dedicated to more problematic issues--it's disgraceful to witness and I am ashamed of my country.

I wonder what the victims of his "alleged" sexual abuse feel about his death? I feel like everyone is giving him a free pass on that, since he is who is, (Was). A great singer and Pop icon or not, abusing children is the lowest of low.

I’m sure sooner or later they will be coming out of the woodworks to talk, now that he is gone.

He was greatly talented, but equally disturbed human being. I feel sorry for his children. I’m sure they will one day have some CRAZY stories to tell about growing up with him.

When I listen to his awesome music, I try not to think about who he was as a person, he came off as very timid, and weak, but I have a feeling he was not as nice to children as he tried to make everyone think.

Okayy..so I know MJ was an amazing entertainer..but really?

I find it to be quite frustrating that there is going to be hours and hours of this coverage on television which could be dedicated to more problematic issues--it's disgraceful to witness and I am ashamed of my country.

Congress is voting TODAY on a Carbon Bill that is the single largest tax increase in history.

The amazing thing is the Bill was 1200 pages yesterday and has had 250-300 pages added overnight AND nobody has had a chance to read it.

Carbon taxes paid directly to the IMF on EVERYTHING.

Congress is voting TODAY on a Carbon Bill that is the single largest tax increase in history.

The amazing thing is the Bill was 1200 pages yesterday and has had 250-300 pages added overnight AND nobody has had a chance to read it.

Hmm..some how I think my posts have been deleting by themselves.

Hmm..some how I think my posts have been deleting by themselves.

Perhaps it was because you were trying to get around the profanity filters, I would consider that a friendly warning.

I'm confused, are you suggesting M.J. was murdered by Obama to take the media attention away from this bill?

I'm confused, are you suggesting M.J. was murdered by Obama to take the media attention away from this bill?

I think it may more be that Micheal Jackson died as a result of Global Warmning.

No, but congress does do everything shady on Friday's, so no one will take notice in the news.

Just like they did with the “stimulus” package, and not even give then a full 24 hours to read ver a thousand pages.

Michael Jacksons death is the PERFECT cover for them today because that’s all we will be talking about for weeks.

Michael Jacksons death is the PERFECT cover for them today because that’s all we will be talking about for weeks.

Oh brother.

Maybe the Dems in Congress will have Paul McCartney assasinated so they can pass a Health Care Bill.

Oh brother.

Maybe the Dems in Congress will have Paul McCartney assasinated so they can pass a Health Care Bill.

No one said anything about an assasination, his overdose/heart attack is just a good umbrella to distract people on whats going on in congress. It could not have worked out any better for them!