Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orb/spirit following me?

zoomingthroughmilk

Okay, my guess is that there is probably someone else who has asked this, but I'm posting it anyways. Partially because I want to see if this works....

So... basically. I have been at this overnight camp thing, and for some reason about 80% of my pictures I have have orbs in them. I personally thought that it was pretty cool. But, before, about over a month ago my aunt died, and just then was when orbs started showing up. A few days after, we were all taking a picture, and the one with me, there was this huge orb on my shirt. I had never actually had an orb in my pictures, so I was all excited. Now, my grandma thought we were crazy, (my mom and other aunts all thought it was an orb too.). But then I didn't see one for a while. Then a while later, at my cousin's house, I was taking random pictures of her room, and there was this orb in about half of them. (they all thought I was crazy, ...). I don't think I saw it again for a little while. Now, while my mom and I were going through my aunt's yarn, I was taking random pictures again. Now, this is when I was really pretty excited. There was an orb in most of the pictures I took, and in a few there were two. I really don't necessarily know who the other one is, but my mom suggested it might be her grandmother.... but don't spirits move on after a couple of weeks? Or I guess the orbs stay. Because one of my other cousin's has an orb in most of his pictures, and they think it's his grandpa. But then while I was at camp, there were a whole bunch of orbs.... Or actually when I took pictures of just the wall in my room there was one. But then when we were outside, there were pictures with, like, ten. Now, the place where I was used to be a slave plantation, and somewhere there, there was a graveyard where the slaves were buried. That's what I'm thinking those other orbs were.

So basically: my mom thinks that my aunt's spirit is following me. The thing is, I didn't know her really at all... I think I met her once when I was little but that's it. My other aunt thinks its because I might have some sort of psychic-ness that would attract her to follow me, or maybe it's because I seem to be the one in my family's generation who is into all of this kind of stuff. I think it's because I'll talk to her, and even though I can't necessarily hear her, wouldn't you like someone to talk to you? I personally don't care if people think I'm crazy and talking to myself. They tend to think that a lot.

So basically... what's all of your opinion? And would there still be orbs even after a spirit has moved on?

Also, I am not sure if the attachments will work, but I tried uploading the picture when I was just sitting before I was at camp, where the orb is under the giant scissors, and one is of (I think) the ground, and there are multiple orbs. If there's another it's of the wall where there was an orb.... If they show up.. cool. If not.... whatever.

well, orbs in photos can easily be explained by Dust, and in some cases; bugs, film production, light, and, well, the Imagination (pariedolia).

in my opinion.

• Like 1

If you were to post some of your photos I could tell you what they really are. It is very easy to tell the difference between a real ball or energy and a photographic anomaly such as dust. moisture, or reflections such as lens flares etc.

You are probably just seeing dust close to the lens. When the flash of your camera hits some sort of particulate in the air it reflects back and causes a fake orb. If you don't want to post your photos, try buying an air purifier in the room where you see orbs and see if they go away. Your house may be dusty, even if you can't see it with the naked eye.

If you want to know if you got a real spirit orb, post them for us and I will give you a educated opinion.

• Thanks 1

Don't worry about 'em. They're orbs. They tend to . . . orbit. Do they communicate? No. Do they perform miracles? No. They just orbit. You know, exactly like dust particles swirling in disturbed air--and just as useless.

Edited by CausticGnostic
  • Thanks 1

If you were to post some of your photos I could tell you what they really are. It is very easy to tell the difference between a real ball or energy and a photographic anomaly such as dust. moisture, or reflections such as lens flares etc.

You are probably just seeing dust close to the lens. When the flash of your camera hits some sort of particulate in the air it reflects back and causes a fake orb. If you don't want to post your photos, try buying an air purifier in the room where you see orbs and see if they go away. Your house may be dusty, even if you can't see it with the naked eye.

If you want to know if you got a real spirit orb, post them for us and I will give you a educated opinion.

I can try to figure out how to post them, sure. THe thing is, I'm not thinking they're dust or something on the lense, because sometimes they'll be there, sometimes not, and they're always in different places. And they'll be there, then they won't. And they don't show up before I take the picture.... As for dust in the air, I actually have them in photos taken in multiple places. Some in my house, some in my cabin from camp, some in my cousin's room, some outside in the middle of the forest, some at a design studio. So... yeah.

....I will attempt to put the photos up.....though I'm not sure how....

Edited by zoomingthroughmilk

when you make a post there is an "upload" button right under the text box with a "browse" button. just click browse, find the file and select it then click upload

I can try to figure out how to post them, sure. THe thing is, I'm not thinking they're dust or something on the lense, because sometimes they'll be there, sometimes not, and they're always in different places. And they'll be there, then they won't. And they don't show up before I take the picture.... As for dust in the air, I actually have them in photos taken in multiple places. Some in my house, some in my cabin from camp, some in my cousin's room, some outside in the middle of the forest, some at a design studio. So... yeah.

....I will attempt to put the photos up.....though I'm not sure how....

Dust moves around. It is not a stationary thing. That is one reason why it will be in one picture and not in another or in different places in successive photos. Also, dust is everywhere. It is in your house, in your cabin from camp, your cousin's room, etc. If you read up on orbs, you'll see you are not the first nor the last person to believe they are ghosts. But the fact is they are easily explainable and can be recreated simply at home.

"Orbs" have really only been around since the 90s and, at one time, people believed they were related to aliens and UFO phenomena. But, in actuality, all it really is is your camera flash reflecting off of dust, bugs, precipitation, pollen, and/or a variety of other schmutz in the air.

• Like 1

Another simple way to avoid most fake orbs is to not use your cameras flash function. If you can't get those uploaded, give that a try and see if the orbs go away.

Real orbs can be seen using non digital cameras with no flash. Old digital cameras are notorious for making fake orbs. The newer digital ones don't do it quite as badly, but anything with a flash can create fake ones.

This is what a real orb might look like. It gives off it's own light, brilliant white or sometimes cool blue with a hint of rainbow'ing around the edges.

If they move you will sometimes see a trail of energy, somewhat like a comet shooting across the sky.

Edited by cpjason

• 9 years later...

I have an orb that follows me.  I have at least 50 pics of it over the past 10 years.  It's blue/green and you can't miss it!!  

No flash...different phones...day light...night time....

Dust???  I don"t think so!!!  I've captured it actually following me!

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, LIZZYS said:

I have an orb that follows me.  I have at least 50 pics of it over the past 10 years.  It's blue/green and you can't miss it!!  

Do you see it with your naked eyes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LIZZYS said:

So let's see the pics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2