Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Phantom kangaroos" in the United States

UM-Bot

kangaroo.jpg
Taking a look at the "phantom kangaroo" phenomenon, strange carnivorous masupials sighted across the United States as far back as 1934 and investigated by cryptozoologists such as Jerome Clark and Loren Coleman.

"Here in the United States, reports of what have been called "phantom kangaroos" have been chronicled for decades, namely by researchers like Jerome Clark and Loren Coleman. In the state of Tennessee going back as far back as 1934, an "atypical kangaroo" was reportedly killing and partially devouring several animals, including German shepherd dogs in mid to late January."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: The Gralien Report

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• www375

• Archer1945

• UM-Bot

• MysteryVy

Top Posters In This Topic

"In the state of Tennessee going back as far back as 1934, an "atypical kangaroo" was reportedly killing and partially devouring several animals, including German shepherd dogs in mid to late January."

They lost me right there....NO WAY that a roo could kill a GSD..................... <_<

I've seen Kangaroo Rats in the Southern California High Desert (Hesperia / Apple Valley) but they were only tiny things. ( Dipodomys californicus )

"In the state of Tennessee going back as far back as 1934, an "atypical kangaroo" was reportedly killing and partially devouring several animals, including German shepherd dogs in mid to late January."

They lost me right there....NO WAY that a roo could kill a GSD..................... <_<

I would suggest you do a little bit of research on kangaroos. A male red kangaroo will stand over 6 1/2 feet tall and weigh in at around 200 pounds. The gray kangaroo, the most commonly seen, is just slightly smaller. Although they do use their forelegs somewhat for fighting their main weapons are their hind legs and feet which are equipped with very sharp claws making an extremely formidable weapon. The only chance any dog, smaller than a mastiff or Irish wolfhound, would have against a full-grown male red or gray kangaroo would be if they could attack it from behind and stay away from those feet and legs. Since kangaroos have extremely good hearing and can move quite fast this would be very hard to do. If the kick from the kangaroo did not kill the dog immediately it would be in no shape to continue a fight because the claws would have probably torn it completely open before it went flying through the air.

Btw, there was also a prehistoric kangaroo which was not only bigger than the red kangaroo but was also carnivorous.

I believe that people may have seen a "kangaroo" in the States. One was seen and captured not long ago here in Wisconsin. It was captured and put in a zoo. No one ever claimed it as a pet, probably because they didn't have a PERMIT for exotic animals. And yes I can see a Dog being killed by one defending it's self. But EATEN?

More likely another animal eat on the carcass.

I would suggest you do a little bit of research on kangaroos. A male red kangaroo will stand over 6 1/2 feet tall and weigh in at around 200 pounds. The gray kangaroo, the most commonly seen, is just slightly smaller. Although they do use their forelegs somewhat for fighting their main weapons are their hind legs and feet which are equipped with very sharp claws making an extremely formidable weapon. The only chance any dog, smaller than a mastiff or Irish wolfhound, would have against a full-grown male red or gray kangaroo would be if they could attack it from behind and stay away from those feet and legs. Since kangaroos have extremely good hearing and can move quite fast this would be very hard to do. If the kick from the kangaroo did not kill the dog immediately it would be in no shape to continue a fight because the claws would have probably torn it completely open before it went flying through the air.

Btw, there was also a prehistoric kangaroo which was not only bigger than the red kangaroo but was also carnivorous.

I suggest you do a little research on German Shepards..........better yet, come visit mine.................... :devil:

Or maybe you're just a troll, and like to spout.....................

It is true it would only take a single hit from a roo to send a single dog flying and the roos do box.

It is also true that herbivores will consume meat sometimes.

Absolutely correct. The average male German Shepherd Dog weighs around 85-90 lbs. If charging an adult Red Kangaroo from the front, the dog wouldn't stand a chance. Kangaroos are unbelievably quick, agile, and strong. One good kick would send the dog flying.

kangaroo.jpg

Taking a look at the "phantom kangaroo" phenomenon, strange carnivorous masupials sighted across the United States as far back as 1934 and investigated by cryptozoologists such as Jerome Clark and Loren Coleman.

"Here in the United States, reports of what have been called "phantom kangaroos" have been chronicled for decades, namely by researchers like Jerome Clark and Loren Coleman. In the state of Tennessee going back as far back as 1934, an "atypical kangaroo" was reportedly killing and partially devouring several animals, including German shepherd dogs in mid to late January."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: The Gralien Report

CAUTION: Kangaroo in picture may appear as cute and cuddly, but if you attempt to hug one they will scratch you and rip you apart. Kangaroo's just aren't safe anymore.

If the kangaroo is called Skippy however you have nothing to fear. :P

I suggest you do a little research on German Shepards..........better yet, come visit mine.................... :devil:

I know a great deal about German Shepards having had several as pets over the years. One we had was extremely strong because her favorite toy was an old car tire, and this was back in the 1960s when tires were not small. She would actually pick it up in her teeth and toss it around like a feather. I would not consider she would even have a chance in a fight with a full-grown Red or Gray kangaroo. As I said a mastiff, Irish or Russian wolfhound might have a chance against a kangaroo if they could stay away from its feet.