Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

science of ghosts theory/question

GunnerCDM

first off to start saying sorry if anyones posted this before or it doesn't belong in this exact part of the forum, anyways i've noticed alot of posts talking about leaving your homes because of hauntings and such but i've come to think that ghosts are always around just actually attracted to phycics (haha know i didn't spell that right) themselves and thus people with more of that ability see more ghosts and such. So thus they would follow you wouldn't they? and does anyone else have this theory?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• GunnerCDM

• Paranormalcy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A satisfactory answer will rely on your stance on the issue.

Some people consider all hauntings and apparitions part of the same package, while others divide and categorize them.

Apparitions are usually repeating phantasms reliving something in life, Ghosts are the discarnate spirits of those once living, some may be good, some bad - both of these are generally bound to a location, be it a house or larger geographical range.

Poltergeists, unlike the previous two, are not usually locked into one location and usually follows one one or more people, usually referred to as a "focus", which some parapsychologists point to as evidence that poltergeists are simply the errant unconscious psychokinetic manifestations of one or more people, rather than a "spirit".

My family home had its share of shenannigins of the paranormal kind. It was not a quiet house. When I left there, I had a period of about 2 months, and then activity started at my new place, similar to what had gone before at my family home. Previously there had been no activity. It was as is 'they'd found me' again.

Spooky.

Oh and my Gran once encountered a particularly horrible poltergeist in a lodge in Scotland - it flicked her chin to wake her up and other annoying tricks. She was keen to leave, but told me afterwards that for a while she was afraid it might follow her home.

It didn't though. Phew. original.gif