Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline p

behaviour???

One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

An official air-miss report on the incident several weeks ago appears in Pilot magazine.

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, flying close to Alderney first spotted the object, described as "a cigar-shaped brilliant white light".

As the plane got closer the captain viewed it through binoculars and said: "It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area.

"It was 2,000ft up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us.

linked-imageRead more...

Picture Included in the Original link

What could this possibly be........?

Thanks

B???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morrison1976

• Agent. Mulder

• badeskov

• Mattshark

Picture Included in the Original link

What could this possibly be........?

Thanks

B???

Thanks for posting the article behaviour. Very interesting...

The Civil Aviation Authority safety notice states that a Tri-Lander aircraft flying close to Alderney spotted the object.

"Certain parts of the report have not been published. I cannot say why," said a senior CAA source.

Hmmm...

Very interesting case, with more than one witness. Like i said before, there is no question that some ufo's are unexplained and pure unknowns, and need serious investiagtion. Im not talking about so called people who refuse to believe something to be unknown and come out with the same venus, balloon, swamp gas etc. We need people to study this subject with an open mind, without arragonce and ignorance, because there is too much of that in this subject at the moment.

I thought this one was familliar and seen it before...

Last updated at 15:52pm on 22.06.07

then I thought, possibly a typo in the date, until I read the comments, which aren't timestamped, except for one from the Texas MUFON guy who put a date of May 28 2009.

But still, an oldy but a goody :)

I remember this, it was covered on UFO Hunters: Huge UFOs (or something like that).

If I remember rightly, this pilot saw two massive yellow UFOs while taking a trip to the channel islands

There are many many explanations as to what is being seen in our atmosphere such as atmospheric phenomena and mistaken things such as venus, moon, stars and other things but something a mile wide?? Me thinks not,

I have no clue to what this object may have been but its not so easy to explain it away just like many things being seen in the skys worldwide, Including the hovering silent black trianle I seen in broad daylight in 2003, No clue to its origin but I know exactly what I seen,

Interesting post B???

Regards;

TFF

Edited by thefinalfrontier

I remember this, it was covered on UFO Hunters: Huge UFOs (or something like that).

If I remember rightly, this pilot saw two massive yellow UFOs while taking a trip to the channel islands

Yes, the article states so...

Continuing his approach to Guernsey, Bowyer then spied a "second identical object further to the west".

He said: "It was exactly the same but looked smaller because it was further away. It was closer to Guernsey. I can't explain it. This was clearly visual for about nine minutes.

...and from thereon in the article speaks in the plural of the sightings. :yes:

Another one? How many sightings are over the channel islands?

Really biggest?

I have one article written in estonian, that tells about one sighting during a flight no. 8352 Tbilisi-Rostov-Tallinn

Year was then 1984, when pilots and passengers and one another airplane full of passengers saw one weird morphing object flying next to them.

Pilots estimated that it should be about same length as Lake Pihkva, which is about 140 km.

The article is long and i just brought out the main things mentioned in it. If someones interested and thinks he/she could understand estonian or hopes that google translator is good enough, can find it from here http://metavo.planet.ee/Para/Tapseltkell410.odt

Also, there is an article about it here, unfortunately it doesn't give so good overview

http://www.csicop.org/si/2009-01/oberg.html

Thanks for posting the article behaviour. Very interesting...

Interesting post B???

My pleasure......

Thanks

B???

Really biggest?

Oh it seems that you are not reading the entire link properly

It says that ...........

One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

Its one out of the many.....

Thanks

B???

[...]

Pilots estimated that it should be about same length as Lake Pihkva, which is about 140 km.

[...]

Really? 140 km? Or about 30 km?

Yes, the article states so...

...and from thereon in the article speaks in the plural of the sightings. :yes:

Even so, the size claimed makes it extremely unlikely, mainly cos it'd be more than obvious.

Even so, the size claimed makes it extremely unlikely, mainly cos it'd be more than obvious.

Yeah, you would think something of that size would the rather conspicuous in the sky. I don't see how so few could note it and so many not.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Yeah, you would think something of that size would the rather conspicuous in the sky. I don't see how so few could note it and so many not.

Well, if the UFO was some type of odd weather phenomena perhaps one had to be in a certain location to view it...maybe?

Well, if the UFO was some type of odd weather phenomena perhaps one had to be in a certain location to view it...maybe?

Yup. Or maybe it just looked like a regular cloud from all angles except the one that is reported here (which I find rather likely).

Cheers,

Badeskov

:D But seriously, that is a lenticular cloud. I can't say that they didn't see a mile-wide alien starship, but the object in the photo is definitely only a cloud.

I would have to agree. Looks much more like a cloud than ET's spaceship ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

the good thing about pilot sightings is that they know how to discern clouds from weather balloons.

Last updated at 15:52pm on 22.06.07

Tricked again with the front page

i dont think it was a cloud, just due to the picture provided in the link.

and seeing as some others all saw the same thing, and no one knew it was a cloud (especially the pilots with years of experience).

Oh come on, these people are trained and know what they are talking about, to claim that what they saw was nothing more than a cloud is frankly an insult.

Yeah, i find it hard to believe that they saw a cloud. It is possible that maybe they saw some other natural phenomona that is very rare.

Yeah, i find it hard to believe that they saw a cloud. It is possible that maybe they saw some other natural phenomona that is very rare.

I agree, I think it had to have been a bit more unsual then just a common cloud. But, my money is still on something natural vs ET.