Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant "will not be revealed"

UM-Bot

If the story of Solomon and the Queen has any historical credence, it is quite possible that Ethiopia did, or does still have the Ark. It's also possible that they don't. Until it's found and made public for scientific analysis, I would think that any theories regarding the Ark should be given a shot if in fact the Ark is still being sought after. A lead is a lead in terms of investigation, a good place as any to start.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• mindibee

• Ghost Ship

• Siara

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One more dragging of the "faithful" to the alter of the slaves to catch a glimpse of things that do not exist. I for one am glad that they have withheld the glory of their "god", for we know how willing he is to "Smite Thee"! Another attempt to bring the "faithful" to the "Alter of the Slaves" just to see how many will gather to the Glory of the Enslaved. Break free of thy bonds and see the greatness of thy Lord Satan! How many more will flock to the alter of the damned? "Jew...kill they Muslim, Muslim, Kill thy Jew, and most faithful Christian "Kill That which remains"! If a Kingdom is TRULEY Divided... where is the father of thy enslavement? Divided and Conflicted, see the truth amongst the LIE!

post-67197-1246523847_thumb.jpg

post-67197-1246523931_thumb.jpg

I've always thought that Ethiopia would have been the natural place to hide the Ark if and when Israel came under the threat of overwhelming attack.

What better guardians than a race of of dedicated JEWISH warriors who would have not only laid down their lives if necessary to protect the sacred relic, but who were also sequestered in impregnably-high mountain fastnesses beyond a salt-water sea?

Were the Hittites and/or the Babylonians prepared to invade Ethiopia? Even the Romans didn't do very well at it.

Edited by OldTimeRadio

Generic comment about how it's not real, nobody cares, and god wouldn't stop Hitler but god forbid…you touch a box. Total garbage waste of my reading time.

One more dragging of the "faithful" to the alter of the slaves to catch a glimpse of things that do not exist. I for one am glad that they have withheld the glory of their "god", for we know how willing he is to "Smite Thee"! Another attempt to bring the "faithful" to the "Alter of the Slaves" just to see how many will gather to the Glory of the Enslaved. Break free of thy bonds and see the greatness of thy Lord Satan! How many more will flock to the alter of the damned? "Jew...kill they Muslim, Muslim, Kill thy Jew, and most faithful Christian "Kill That which remains"! If a Kingdom is TRULEY Divided... where is the father of thy enslavement? Divided and Conflicted, see the truth amongst the LIE!

:huh:

Wut?

Nibs

Total garbage waste of my reading time.

Then why are you wasting even more time by commenting that you wasted your time?

No one is asking to touch it, merely to see it. Would it not make sense to reveal it to prove the non believers that it exists by revealing it to the public. It wasn't revealed because it is a fable... and if this statement isn't true... the challenge is simply to the show the item and prove it, then there would be no question, the Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc... would not be able to dispute it, right? hmmm... a simple solution for a simple mind.

No one is asking to touch it, merely to see it. Would it not make sense to reveal it to prove the non believers that it exists by revealing it to the public. It wasn't revealed because it is a fable... and if this statement isn't true... the challenge is simply to the show the item and prove it, then there would be no question, the Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc... would not be able to dispute it, right? hmmm... a simple solution for a simple mind.

I don't know. There are most likely many thousands of people who could cobble together a passable replica of the Ark, especially if the individuals permitted to "view" it would be held back beyond a rope or a chain.

I don't know. There are most likely many thousands of people who could cobble together a passable replica of the Ark, especially if the individuals permitted to "view" it would be held back beyond a rope or a chain.

And given today's techology, you could even rig the thing to smite somebody on command.

Hm. Sounds like fun.

Indeed, you do make a valid point. And with the sheep factor (I believe because someone told me) it would be relatively easy to dupe someone. Electrical shock, big man goes down, dead, believers stand vigil. If people stand vigil over a statue that supposedly cries milk or an image on the side of a tree...or grilled cheese sandwich for that matter, it would be pretty easy to sway the gullible. But, what if it (the ark) were studied by non-believers and believers alike at the same time? Not possible... because of pride or the ark is a fake (an interesting saga, like Gilgamesh), or doesn't exist at all.

Indeed, you do make a valid point. And with the sheep factor (I believe because someone told me) it would be relatively easy to dupe someone. Electrical shock, big man goes down, dead, believers stand vigil. If people stand vigil over a statue that supposedly cries milk or an image on the side of a tree...or grilled cheese sandwich for that matter, it would be pretty easy to sway the gullible. But, what if it (the ark) were studied by non-believers and believers alike at the same time? Not possible... because of pride or the ark is a fake (an interesting saga, like Gilgamesh), or doesn't exist at all.

All I've ever said about the likelihood of the Ark being in Ethiopia is that it would have made a sensible place to send it if and when it fell into imminent danger in Jerusalem - across a salt water sea, up in impregnably-high mountain fortresses and guarded by fierce warriors who were also observant Jews and who would have given their lives to defend it.

• 2 weeks later...

All I've ever said about the likelihood of the Ark being in Ethiopia is that it would have made a sensible place to send it if and when it fell into imminent danger in Jerusalem - across a salt water sea, up in impregnably-high mountain fortresses and guarded by fierce warriors who were also observant Jews and who would have given their lives to defend it.

Ok...

I think they did just that on an episode of MythBusters on the Discovery Channel. It turns out it works as a capacitor and stores static electricity, shocking you when you touch it. I don't remember which episode it was.

I think they did just that on an episode of MythBusters on the Discovery Channel. It turns out it works as a capacitor and stores static electricity, shocking you when you touch it. I don't remember which episode it was.