Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a stuffed Thunderbird in Ontario ?

UM-Bot

Image credit: Wikipedia
Image credit: Wikipedia
Cryptozoologist Karl Shuker looks back at a case from 1998 in which he received information from a University Professor on a possible stuffed thunderbird being kept in the town of Spanish, Ontario.

"Karl Shuker: In 1998, I received the following fascinating information of possible relevance to North America's ongoing thunderbird or 'big bird' mystery. And this time it involves something much more substantial than a missing thunderbird photo - nothing less, in fact, than what may be a missing stuffed thunderbird!"

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: ShukerNature

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Funky Poacher

• DieChecker

• Melly

• behaviour???

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds just like talk. I know someone who is from near there, though, maybe I'll email them... But again, probably just talk.

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to find out. I imagine it's just a rumor, because if anyone had something this serious, we'd know by now.

If Karl Shuker has contacts in Ontario, Canada, why not send one of them directly to the town of Spanish to confirm the report? I'm certain there are cryptologists in Canada too. We do have the Sasquatch over here.

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to find out. I imagine it's just a rumor, because if anyone had something this serious, we'd know by now.

Agreed.

I actually live near there...I wonder if I should be nosy :ph34r: . I've never heard of anything like this before so I imagine it's someone puffing up a story about an old man with a really large stuffed eagle or something.

I actually live near there...I wonder if I should be nosy :ph34r: . I've never heard of anything like this before so I imagine it's someone puffing up a story about an old man with a really large stuffed eagle or something.

You can go check this thing out and we may know more....

Thanks

B???

Well, if I'd shot and stuffed a eagle or other large bird, I'd probably not admit to it. Isn't shooting an eagle a major crime?

Agreed

Thanks

B???

Well, if I'd shot and stuffed a eagle or other large bird, I'd probably not admit to it. Isn't shooting an eagle a major crime?

Indeedy do... but at least knowledge that the thing actually exists, never mind what it is. Pictures of this thing would have been excellent.

How many people does a thunderbird have to eat before he's stuffed?

...no wonder he couldn't just fly away...

zing

Why write an article then go see if the rumor is true? What a tosser.

Maybe because writing an article can pay the bills, sometimes, but going looking for a rumored stuffed bird has a high probability of being a waste of time.

It is a lot easier to pass on stories and speculate, right? It is what most of us do. :lol::tu:

My dad is from the Serpent River indian rez, Cutler is the name of the "town" it's fairly close to Spanish. He's never told me anything of it. I'm just surprised to see that name on this website, kinda cool.

I'm from Manitoulin, also near there. I had to do a double take to make sure it said Spanish, ONTARIO. It is kind of cool seeing our corner of the north acknowledged, even though it is probably over nothing. We had a silly story going around here a few years ago. There was a rumour that Tom Selleck had a cottage on the island. Not true, was just a guy with a moustash and a Hawaiian shirt :P Although that would be quite awesome, too :wub:

Edited by Melly

^ Stephen King actually has a cabin around where I'm from. A few of my friends have met him. Who cares.

• 3 weeks later...

um if i remember corectly isent that that big prehistoric black bird in the museum... i know someone must remember that right?

CC

^ Stephen King actually has a cabin around where I'm from. A few of my friends have met him. Who cares.

I care! MAGNUM PI!!!!!!!!!

Also, Stephen King would be an interesting fellow for sure. Probably a little creepy as well.