Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

feelings of being watched at night

daniellemx

Every night i go to bed i feel like im being watched, i even get the feeling that my door is opening. i don't see anyone there and i leave my tv on because it is scaring me. does anyone have any idea what this is or how i can talk to it?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniellemx

• Blueguardian

• bewitched3565

• CausticGnostic

Every night i go to bed i feel like im being watched, i even get the feeling that my door is opening. i don't see anyone there and i leave my tv on because it is scaring me. does anyone have any idea what this is or how i can talk to it?

Danielle,

First, welcome to the UM.

Secondly, I would not assume that this is some actual presence.

Don't make it out to be more than it is or you will just upset yourself even more.

There are many reasons for these feelings, it is probably nothing paranormal.

I hope everything gets better!

Danielle, your condition--the feeling that somebody or something is watching you--is known professionally as paranoia.

Unfortunately, sometimes somebody--or something--IS watching you!

To discover whether you're aflicted with a persistent form of delusive paranoia, which has neurophysiological causes and can be treated, you should consult with a medical professional, preferably a psychiatriast rather than a psychologist, since the former is a medical doctor.

If they find nothing wrong with you medically, then I suggest that you consult somebody who has spiritual knowledge and authority--such as a priest or pastor--who can help you take control of your life. You should not submit to living in fear of something that you cannot see. Most people don't.

Good luck to you--however things turn out.

Edited by CausticGnostic

Danielle,

First off I would like to welcome you to UM, this place is filled with people who are either going through, or have gone through the same exact things that you will go through, throughout your life.

I can go ahead and tell you that this has happened to me before, only mine was under other circumstances, I would like to ask you a few questions though if it's okay.

First, have you been messing with a Ouija Board lately? If you do not properly use one then it can have dire consequences.

Second, are you a sensitive? Do paranormal things happen to you a lot?

And Third, I would like for you to get some background on the property and share it with us, sometimes spirits stay with the land.

First and foremost, however, I would also like you to go see a doctor to get anything mundane eliminated first.

Happy Trails!

Well I would assume it is just you. Did you read something or watch something scary?

When I was a kid I used to scare myself something silly at night when I went to sleep. Any little noise, or even the silence itself, would convince me there was a burglar in my house or something. And I watched a lot of Unsolved Mysteries, so I was usually pretty sure that just outside my window was the killer from the latest crime they profiled.

As I got older, I didn't worry so much. Nightlights helped. Having the tv on helped. Also, just eventually working as hard to convince myself that I was in no danger at all helped.

More than likely there is nothing for you to worry about. There is probably nothing outside your door or creeping around in the dark. But, in the meantime, you're still afraid. So I would really seriously consider some of the advice you've been given here. And, if you need it, try the night light. But eventually you'll have to get yourself out of this negative and scary thought pattern. You must remember that your emotions are caused by your thoughts. In this case, thinking there is some unknown entity outside your door is what is giving you the fear. Work on noticing how your thoughts are working against you and then try to change your thoughts to something more calm and positive. I promise that eventually you will feel better.

Right now it's 5:00, i have been trying to sleep since 12 and haven't been able to. Every time I shut my eyes i feel something standing over me coming closer and I open my eyes every time, i feel like it's coming too close to me. i've never had this problem before and it keeps happening. I just want to sleep :(

Danielle,

First off I would like to welcome you to UM, this place is filled with people who are either going through, or have gone through the same exact things that you will go through, throughout your life.

I can go ahead and tell you that this has happened to me before, only mine was under other circumstances, I would like to ask you a few questions though if it's okay.

First, have you been messing with a Ouija Board lately? If you do not properly use one then it can have dire consequences.

Second, are you a sensitive? Do paranormal things happen to you a lot?

And Third, I would like for you to get some background on the property and share it with us, sometimes spirits stay with the land.

First and foremost, however, I would also like you to go see a doctor to get anything mundane eliminated first.

Happy Trails!

it's been a long time since i've played with a ouija board, years. i actually lost mine and can't find it anywhere.

paranormal things don't happen to me at all

i'm not sure about the property except there's a spraypainted name of joe in the garage, i've lived in this house for 16 years

Danielle,

Hello and welcome.

The feeling of being watched is not uncommon as people become more watchful at night and every little sound or feeling is magnified. It's an old fight or flight instinct.

Do you smoke or use tobacco? Doing so within three hours of going to sleep can cause you to become agitated and have trouble falling/staying asleep. Try to avoid eating anything or driniking caffein within four hours of going to sleep as this can have the same effect. If this does not help, my best advice would be to take the TV and any unnecessary electronics out of you bedroom. There has been documented cases of high EMF causing paranoia and delusion when exposed for more than an hour. I used to sleep in a room that had the circuit breaker for my home in the room about eight feet from where I slept. I thought for years that my room must have been ghost central for all the feelings I had of being watched and feeling like someone was right next to me. I moved out of that room and slept the sleep of the dead (sorry for the pun) ever since.

Good luck and once again, welcome.

Edited by Paul Noise

Hi danielle, just wanted to say I experience this from time to time myself at night although I'm highly sensitive or I would be better known as a psychic-medium. I have had myself checked out medically and everything has come back normal so that rules that out and the house I live in was built by my mom and dad so that ruled out anyone outside the family haunting the home and so far no family members have passed away here but however I'm uncertain about the land itself, and I have tried researching into this but it seems to be a major dig to find out information but I'm still trying. You really should have your self checked out by your doctor and if you pass that then research on your house if anyone else has ever lived there before you and if that checks out okay then all is left is the land research to see what was there before your home was built on that ground and from there if that checks out okay then the only thing I can say is you would

be like me as far as being a medium/psychic and you just may not be really aware that you are, there are alot of people out there who are and when things happen they brush it off not knowing or understanding why certain things occur to them and not anyone else. We all have psychic ability about us each human being does but some of us are better tuned into it than others but not all of us are medium's and that is what can really cause someone alot of trouble until you start learning about it and researching and then learning to embrace that with out being terrified out of your mind. So with that being said I hope this information has helped you out some and if you ever feel you need to ask more questions or would like someone who understands what your going through to talk with you are always welcome to e-mail me. You can e-mail me at (debbie.rawlins@insightbb.com) hope everything gets lined out for you, take care Debbie.

Edited by bewitched3565

Danielle,

Hello and welcome.

The feeling of being watched is not uncommon as people become more watchful at night and every little sound or feeling is magnified. It's an old fight or flight instinct.

Do you smoke or use tobacco? Doing so within three hours of going to sleep can cause you to become agitated and have trouble falling/staying asleep. Try to avoid eating anything or driniking caffein within four hours of going to sleep as this can have the same effect. If this does not help, my best advice would be to take the TV and any unnecessary electronics out of you bedroom. There has been documented cases of high EMF causing paranoia and delusion when exposed for more than an hour. I used to sleep in a room that had the circuit breaker for my home in the room about eight feet from where I slept. I thought for years that my room must have been ghost central for all the feelings I had of being watched and feeling like someone was right next to me. I moved out of that room and slept the sleep of the dead (sorry for the pun) ever since.

Good luck and once again, welcome.

Danielle, that is a good point and is very true about the high emf's emitted from electrical devices and that is one thing you should make sure of it can cause what alot of people refer to as a fear cage, and can really make you think your losing your mind or your home is super haunted, I forgot about that glad someone else thought about that. Debbie

Edited by bewitched3565

This could also be a form of stress, what reason do you have to feel you are being watched, has someone said something to you to make you feel this way?

i took the advice about the emf's, i have been putting a fan right in my face at night (summer), and this feeling has started recently. So, I turned the fan off and went right to bed! Thank you!!!!

hello Danielle,

if you keep believing their is something in your house hold, your brain will create images or sounds (cause you think like that). This will make think you saw or head someone or somethings

stop thinking about it and it'll go away. just turn on the radio or play a game (probably and fps cause it keeps you active), and take your thoughts off it

It's me.

:D

Sike.

I have the same feeling every night.

In that room across the way.

That room that a man died in...

Hi Danielle,

Stop thinking about ghosts or being watched at night. Think about something busy or funny to keep you occupied. This is your own fear keeping you awake.

Hi Danielle,

Stop thinking about ghosts or being watched at night. Think about something busy or funny to keep you occupied. This is your own fear keeping you awake.

That's actually worse advice because the more active you keep your mind, the harder it is to go to sleep. Danielle, A good way is to use Stumble Upon. It is a add-on to whatever you surf the web with. Once you have it on your computer, it will find stuff that is geared towards your interests. After a while, you're eyelids will droop, and you'll fall asleep. If you are able to drag yourself away in your drousy state, your mind won't be focused on being watched. You'll look at your bed as sweet release. Use google search or something to find it online. Stumble Upon. Heh, I actually gave this website a thumbs up for other Stumblers. :tu:

Or instead, if you're affluent enough, you could hire some real people to watch you while you sleep. . . .

Or instead, if you're affluent enough, you could hire some real people to watch you while you sleep. . . .

lol, LGL beat me to that joke though, so I couldn't use that one. ^_^

I couldn't sleep last night, way too much on my mind, and given that it was around 2am in the morning.. hmm

i have that feeling after i watch a scary movie

its just paranoia

plus if you keep thinking about it your giving it power trust me its nothing i always have the feeling someone is following me in the dark its just me being paranoid.

Thanks everyone! I think it was my fan in my face that caused the feelings. I removed the fan and I sleep better now. (EMF's)