Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Movie suggestions

my_psychosis

I just watched "The knowing" and Loved it. I am hoping for some suggestions of other movies like this.They dont have to be prediction movies like "The knowing" just interesting, thriller types. And they dont have to be new movies either.

There was one I wanted to see but cant remember the name. It was about a woman who had eye surgery and now she see's what a serial killer sees. (or something like that) Any body know about that one?

I hadnt been able to watch a lot of movies for a while but now I have some time on my hands so I would love some suggestions please and thank you. :D

(ps I love good action movies to, like the old Lethal Weapon movies)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• my_psychosis

• Wookietim

• Manszilla

• Juicebox

"The Eye" with Jessica Alba.

Prediction and timewarp wise, Mothman Prophecies, the Butterfly Effect series, Donnie Darko, The Lakehouse, other recent crappy Nicholas Cage time movie, recent crappy Denzel Washington time movie, other crappy Sandra Bullock time movie.

Personal choice, I still vote for Communion, Ravenous, etc.

Prediction and timewarp wise, Mothman Prophecies, the Butterfly Effect series, Donnie Darko, The Lakehouse, other recent crappy Nicholas Cage time movie, recent crappy Denzel Washington time movie, other crappy Sandra Bullock time movie.

Thank you. I will look them all up. (except Donnie Darko and the Mothman prophecies which I have seen both. I liked them though. :D )

Thank you. I will look them all up. (except Donnie Darko and the Mothman prophecies which I have seen both. I liked them though. :D )

I've never seen any of those movies, but if you like psychological movies period, try Fight Club and Vanilla Sky..neither one are thrillers though.

Just read Fight Club if you're going to go down that alley... better than the movie for sure.

I've never seen any of those movies, but if you like psychological movies period, try Fight Club and Vanilla Sky..neither one are thrillers though.

I read up on both. I don't think I'd like fight club but Vanilla sky sounds great.

Any more suggestions any one?

I read up on both. I don't think I'd like fight club but Vanilla sky sounds great.

Any more suggestions any one?

well i dont know if you read the spoilers and ending too but the movie isnt really about fighting that much..and the book's always better then the movie.

Stir of Echoes is a good movie too, it's about a guy (Kevin Bacon) who is hypnotized at a party and starts seeing the ghost of a dead girl at his house and tries to figure out what happened to her..it's a really good movie.

Usual suspects, Old Boy, 6th sense, The Village, Saw, A beautiful mind, American beauty, and two in B&W but very, very good… Les Diabloiques (french), & Witness for the Prosecution.

All these movies have endings that will leave you jaw-dropped wondering… how the?! Who the?! When did!?

Especially Old boy imo.

well i dont know if you read the spoilers and ending too but the movie isnt really about fighting that much..and the book's always better then the movie.

Stir of Echoes is a good movie too, it's about a guy (Kevin Bacon) who is hypnotized at a party and starts seeing the ghost of a dead girl at his house and tries to figure out what happened to her..it's a really good movie.

I loved "Stir of echos" I havent seen it in years though. I'm adding it to my list. Thanks

Usual suspects, Old Boy, 6th sense, The Village, Saw, A beautiful mind, American beauty, and two in B&W but very, very good… Les Diabloiques (french), & Witness for the Prosecution.

All these movies have endings that will leave you jaw-dropped wondering… how the?! Who the?! When did!?

Especially Old boy imo.

I've seen "6th sense" and "The village" I love both of them. I'll check out the others though. Thanks.

AUDITION (1999)

FRAILTY (2001)

SESSION 9 (2001)

IDENTITY (2003)

A TALE OF TWO SISTERS (2005)

The Changeling

George C Scott not Angie

1970 something.

Trailer

Nibs

The Changeling

George C Scott not Angie

1970 something.

Trailer

Nibs

You can also see large chunks of the film on youtube, if not all of it, I believe. Yes, the original is so much better than the other one with that baby-farm lady everyone seems to love for some reason.

The Changeling

George C Scott not Angie

1970 something.

Trailer

Nibs

Oh I Love The Changeling. I haven't seen that in a while either. Putting it on my list.

Thanks everybody. If any body wants to add more go ahead. I love movie ideas and I will continue to look as long as people post. :D

jessica alba, seriously? tell me you had it muted.

Ravenous was GREAT, though. one of my favorites.

are we just reccommending movies here? bc, if so:

Pan's Labyrinth (sick, twisted, fairytale with a heavy dose of harsh reality)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (fun, but also sad exploration of mind erasure and the complications that arise. who doesn't want to forget about old girlfriends?)

Being John Malkovich (c'mon, puppeteering someone else's body...!)

12 Monkeys (time travel, pandemics, psychoticism, the works)

GO!

Edited by Amnesiac

Evil Dead/ Army of Darkness- cult classic (time travel is a major factor)

Dumplngs-the cost of seeking enternal youth

Night of the Living Dead-Original Ramero (twist at the end)

Brick-Thriller/film Noir-flashbacks in time/twist

The Comapny Of Wolves-Jumps between our world and that of myth and legend (fantastic film)

Don't Look Now-Iconic scene/twist

Enjoy!

Some good recommendations here, I would also recommend

Martyrs - Brilliant tense film with some decent horror in it and plenty of unexpected plot turns

Kairo - Creepy film about what seems to be the end of the world

Visitor Q - Film about a dysfunctional family and the strange events that bring them together (Only watch this if you aren't easily shocked, the message board for it at imdb will probably give you an idea of why I say that)

Survive Style 5+ - Interesting Japanese film that features a vengeful wife who just can't be killed and has a WTF cameo from Vinnie Jones of all people.

That's all I can think of right now

This one messed me up as a kid.

The Manitou is an American horror movie from 1978 with Tony Curtis and Susan Strasberg based on a 1975 book by Graham Masterton.

A woman named Karen enters a hospital in San Francisco suffering from a growing tumor on her neck. The doctors think it's a living creature, a fetus being born inside the tumor.

The movie is based on an old legend about Manitou (Gitche Manitou), a Native American spirit.

Tagline from the movie: "Evil does not die... it waits... to be reborn"

linked-image

Two very recent movies I liked that fall more into the Sci-Fi genre but are FOR SURE worth a watch are:

Moon - Sam Rockwell, Kevin Spacey (voice)

A lone astronaut is working on a moon station alone for 3 years, weird **** starts happening.

In theaters right now

Los Chronocrimenes (Timecrimes) (Spanish) (English Sub-Titles) - Some Spanish Actors

Time travel mystery thriller movie... I dunno I liked it, it was cool

Netflix, Blockbuster, Internet

This one messed me up as a kid.

The Manitou is an American horror movie from 1978 with Tony Curtis and Susan Strasberg based on a 1975 book by Graham Masterton.

A woman named Karen enters a hospital in San Francisco suffering from a growing tumor on her neck. The doctors think it's a living creature, a fetus being born inside the tumor.

The movie is based on an old legend about Manitou (Gitche Manitou), a Native American spirit.

Tagline from the movie: "Evil does not die... it waits... to be reborn"

linked-image

Holy Hell!!! *$5 to you*

I hadn't thought of this movie in a million years!!

Scared the crap out of me.

Dark Dr. offices.

Nibs

Here is a link you might find useful but beware it has got slight spoilers on it MOVIE DATABASE

Thanks everybody!!! This is great. I have all ready watched several of the suggestions, and I'm going to rent some more today. Definatly 12 monkeys and a couple others :D