Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Movie suggestions

my_psychosis

Noroi sounds interesting, I'm gonna deffo check that one out

Yes I insist this one be watched. :yes:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• my_psychosis

• Wookietim

• Manszilla

• Juicebox

I'm going to rent some more today. Definatly 12 monkeys and a couple others :D

be sure to post what you thought of it!

Great Movies

Stay- Ryan Gosling and Ewan McGregor

Jacob's Ladder - Tim Robbins

Brainscan - Edward Furlong and Frank Langela

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Conrad Veidt

Mr. Brooks - Kevin Costner and Dane Cook and Demi Moore

Se7en - Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey

A Clockwork Orange - Malcom McDowell

Wait Until Dark - Audrey Hepburn

Vertigo - Hitchcock

I loved 13 monkeys, Also so far I've watched The butterfly effect, Mr Brooks, A clockwork orange, The eye, The changling, and Se7en. Loved them all.

Thanks.

Yes I insist this one be watched. :yes:

Watched it last night, I liked it, and can second the recommendation.

Beware the pigeons

Please watch CONTACT with Jodi foster this you will love.

Also AN ASTRONAUGHT FARMER with kevin costner excelent stuff.

and another one is SUNSHINE lots of good actors.

I just watched "The knowing" and Loved it. I am hoping for some suggestions of other movies like this.They dont have to be prediction movies like "The knowing" just interesting, thriller types. And they dont have to be new movies either.

There was one I wanted to see but cant remember the name. It was about a woman who had eye surgery and now she see's what a serial killer sees. (or something like that) Any body know about that one?

I hadnt been able to watch a lot of movies for a while but now I have some time on my hands so I would love some suggestions please and thank you. :D

(ps I love good action movies to, like the old Lethal Weapon movies)

I might suggest Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining".

Personally, I think it is the single scariest movie of all time - it never fails to make me have a sleepless night when I watch it...

I might suggest Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining".

Personally, I think it is the single scariest movie of all time - it never fails to make me have a sleepless night when I watch it...

You want scary watch POSSESION OF EMILY ROSE that is like inviting evil to sit and watch tellie with you talk about freaky i am too scared to burn it even.

Edited by marsapien

• 2 weeks later...

Quiet little film that makes you think: The Man From Earth. About a group of friends who gather to give one a goodbye party, and he says he's 14,000 years old. . .

I loved the Knowing.:)

Glad to hear you liked it as well. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some interesting but less known films:

Bug - minimalistic psychological thriller

Dead Snow - Nazi Zombies! There's nothing better than nazi zombies.

Death Note - Japanese film based on a manga. Amazing plot.

Let the Right One In - Very original vampire movie.

Revolver - British mystery thriller.

Slipstream - Directed and starring Sir Anthony Hopkins. Very strange but interesting film.

Tetsuo The Iron Man - Psychedelic japanese movie

The Fountain - Dream-like story. Very beautiful and starring Rachel Weiss!!

The Saragossa Manuscript - Polish movie. Nothing like you ever seen before.

Here's some interesting but less known films:

Bug - minimalistic psychological thriller

Dead Snow - Nazi Zombies! There's nothing better than nazi zombies.

Death Note - Japanese film based on a manga. Amazing plot.

Let the Right One In - Very original vampire movie.

Revolver - British mystery thriller.

Slipstream - Directed and starring Sir Anthony Hopkins. Very strange but interesting film.

Tetsuo The Iron Man - Psychedelic japanese movie

The Fountain - Dream-like story. Very beautiful and starring Rachel Weiss!!

The Saragossa Manuscript - Polish movie. Nothing like you ever seen before.

I have heard of Bug, I am definitely renting that. Dead snow is new to me, but I Love zombies so I'm going for that one to. The others I am going to google now. Thanks!!!!!!

Do not rent or go near Bug - it is absolutely atrocious. To me. But I'm from Oklahoma so maybe it's a local thing. I don't know, I just felt like to enjoy it, you almost had to be... "not low".

Do not rent or go near Bug - it is absolutely atrocious. To me. But I'm from Oklahoma so maybe it's a local thing. I don't know, I just felt like to enjoy it, you almost had to be... "not low".

I am one of those people who love "bad" movies. I am a huge fan of all the "Tremors" movies for instance. :)

So am I, and unfortunately, Bug is not the "good" kind of "bad", it's the "bad" kind of "bad", the kind where you attempt to credit it with being one of those "weird" movies that would take a real appreciator of obscure movies to "get it" - but it really is just bad - the "give me that stack of minutes of my life back, you jerk" kind of bad.

I just watched "The knowing" and Loved it. I am hoping for some suggestions of other movies like this.They dont have to be prediction movies like "The knowing" just interesting, thriller types. And they dont have to be new movies either.

There was one I wanted to see but cant remember the name. It was about a woman who had eye surgery and now she see's what a serial killer sees. (or something like that) Any body know about that one?

I hadnt been able to watch a lot of movies for a while but now I have some time on my hands so I would love some suggestions please and thank you. :D

(ps I love good action movies to, like the old Lethal Weapon movies)

I think that the movie you can't remember was actually called "The Eye" - kind of a "Done to death" horror plot in my book.

So am I, and unfortunately, Bug is not the "good" kind of "bad", it's the "bad" kind of "bad", the kind where you attempt to credit it with being one of those "weird" movies that would take a real appreciator of obscure movies to "get it" - but it really is just bad - the "give me that stack of minutes of my life back, you jerk" kind of bad.

I was going to say, you have to be careful which "Bug" you're getting otherwise you're liable to be disappointed. Apparently there are three entirely different movies by that name. I of course immedietely thought of the original with Bradford Dillman and the flaming cockroaches.

session 9. i rather enjoyed bug. could have been because i was "not low". heehee.

midnight meat train was entertaing and very unexpected. and if anyone can find it, i recommend the convent. its got coolio in it. trust me its "good" bad.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a movie i saw on sci-fi that was a british movie made back in 1980 something called Xtro and it was about a guy that gets abducted by aliens and comes back to earth like a year later and hes a monster. im sure u can find trailers and vidds on youtube. P.S. its not a crappy sci-fi original movie but there was a sequel made for sci fi.

Just read Fight Club if you're going to go down that alley... better than the movie for sure.

I've never been that impressed with Palhniuk... His books are very derivative of stuff that went before (Try reading "Diary" after watching the original version of "The Wicker Man" and you will see what I mean... Even "Fight Club" is just a couple horror movie cliches tossed together...).

Man I am so glad I started this topic. I am learning about so many movies I never even heard of, and being reminded of ones I could not get to when they came out. I check this topic every time I get a reply, and I add to my list.

I started out just wanting stuff to watch during my vacation, but I am now hooked. I will add to my list and watch as often as I can. So keep adding movies please, and Thank You!!! :yes::yes::yes:

OOPS Sorry for my bad manners. I want to thank everybody who has contributed. :):tu:

Edited by my_psychosis

The Happening. It's kinda like a sci-fi, I guess. But it's AWESOME! :D

"The Eye" with Jessica Alba.

Prediction and timewarp wise, Mothman Prophecies, the Butterfly Effect series, Donnie Darko, The Lakehouse, other recent crappy Nicholas Cage time movie, recent crappy Denzel Washington time movie, other crappy Sandra Bullock time movie.

Personal choice, I still vote for Communion, Ravenous, etc.

She doesn't see through the eyes of a serial killer, its another person who can see the dead whose eyes she obtains and anyways the version with Jessica Alba is rubbish, you want to see the original Japanese version!