Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'The Scariest Picture on the Internet'

Michael J Jackson

I recently found this video on youtube, and after much research, I have compiled some information about the origin and history of the photo. I found that gathering information was difficult, as this particular picture isn't as discussed or as well known as some of the others.

The sketch is believed to be a self portrait of a young Japanese woman, who supposedly sketched herself before scanning the sketch and posting it onto the internet. The origin of the picture is currently unknown, but I have contacted the creator of the youtube video and have asked for the information required to properly and efficiently analyse the sketch.

If you stare at the picture for an amount of time, it is said that the sketch can be seen moving. Some people have reported seeing her eyes moving, even changing colour. Others have reported seeing her chest moving up and down as though she was inhaling and exhaling. All of these are due to the fact that the sketch is said to be cursed, as the woman commited suicide only a short amount of time after drawing it.

Some have claimed thatit is an animation, however, if you pause the Youtube video, it is said that you can still see movement.

For me, I couldn't see anything obvious, it did appear as though her chest moved at some points during the video, note the first scene, however I saw no other signs which may lead me to believe that the picture is cursed.

See for yourself -

The Scariest Picture on the Internet -- Youtube Link

Thanks

- Watch this space.

Some other pictures said to be cursed -

- A fake, but still disturbing to an extent.

2. Korean Horror Film - Obviously fake, from a Korean Horror film (?) if my memory serves me correctly.

Does anyone else have some favourites they want to share?

all very interesting........but nothing happened for me..............what they are claiming,is possible with any picture though........each to their own i guess! :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• Michael J Jackson

• Lorelei

• sinewave

....[A]fter much research, I have compiled some information about the origin and history of the photo....

The sketch is believed to be a self portrait of a young Japanese woman, who supposedly sketched herself before scanning the sketch and posting it onto the internet....

....[T]he sketch is said to be cursed, as the woman commited suicide only a short amount of time after drawing it.

The problem with all this is that the portrait was created by a MALE artist, who is very much still alive.

This video sucks. It was a waste of loading time.

This video sucks. It was a waste of loading time.

I'm still trying to work out what was constructive about that post.

Perhaps you want to spend less time boosting your post count by spamming like that, and more time actually abosorbing some of the information on the forums.

:alien: Nick :alien:

So creepy...the girl shoudnt have done like that

Thanks

B???

• 5 weeks later...

I noticed the soft focus and the image seemed to change just a bit after a couple of minutes. Then I tried blinking rapidly. It looked as though someone had edited the clip, rapidly interlacing images that were slightly different. Weird.

I'd love to comment on this thread but, after staring at that picture for five minutes, I died and ain't able to type.

Actually, I saw that same picture somewhere else and it had one of those old "screamer" endings. I hate those things. They wste way too many electrons just so someone can assume that they scared someone they never met.

I think George Bush has the scareist face on this world.
Yeah, so do a lot of dead terrorists too. Edited by Lord Umbarger

nice picture..but it didnt work on me..i suppose if you stare at any picture long enough it will start to move and change shape..etc

I stared at it for about ten minutes, and just as I thought nothing was going to happen, the girl's face moved and she told me to go and buy the "Three Wolf Moon" T-shirt off Amazon.com.

I followed her instructions and now I am able to pull 10 girls every weekend and lift giant stones over my head.

It's such a shame someone that young would take her own life like that. So pretty too. That's sad. I wonder why.

As has been revealed several times previously:

The artist was MALE.

He didn't commit suicide.

Which doesn't leave much of the legend intact.

The video, I saw the girl's smile slightly change by VERY little, but I suppose that was just the video creator's work.

Don't know if this posted before, but i found this interesting

Here's the story behide it

Take a look at the picture above, I recently discovered this image and its tale in a korean publicaion.

The story is this, in Japan shortly before a teenage girl comitted suicide, she drew this picture, scanned it and posted it online. In korea this story broke out and it spread like wildfire. There are various posts around in korean forums that say that the viewer gets drawn to the girls blue eyes, they say they can detect a hint of wraith and sadness within the eyes. Maybe the girl had died with so much sadness and anger that her spirit haunts the image, or maybe the image provoke sadness, similar to the song 'Gloomy Sunday'.

The freaky bit is this, they say it is hard for a person to stare into the girls eyes for longer than 5 minutes, there are reports that some people have taken their own lives after doing so. People say the picture changes, as you view it there is a hint of a growing taunting smirk appearing on the girls lips or a dark ring grows around the girl or her eyes.

One thing is for sure, the picture has sparked a curiosity in me that I must find out, i do feel a presence when I look at the image, whether it is evil or not I can not judge. I would like to know what the global online community feels and maybe even experts in art would be able to resolve why the eyes of this image can draw the viewer in so deeply?

Here's the link to the picture.

this is from the original forum, the smile i didnt notice but i did notice the rings around the eyes!

its kinda creepy but not one of them realllyyy creepy things!

This has been exposed as an Urban Legend or hoax again and again and I do mean again.

The painting is the creation of a male artist.

He didn't commit suicide!

Scariest picture...a young beautiful girl? Right, ok. No.

The scariest picture on the internet is anything with Jocelyn Wildenstein in it. If some of you don't know who she is, I have included a link below, but click at your own risk. :o

http://www.bradlubman.com/2008/wp-content/uploads/Jocelyn%20Wildenstein%20B%20&%20A.img_assist_custom.jpg

The blurry focus could cause optical illusions for some people. Not me I'm afraid.

Unexplained does not mean unexplainable.

No, of course not, but some explanations may require extensions of currently-accepted laws of science and physics.

No, of course not, but some explanations may require extensions of currently-accepted laws of science and physics.

Yes but that does not mean we should take leave of our sensibilities and subscribe to fantastic theories in anticipation of future science.

Yes but that does not mean we should take leave of our sensibilities and subscribe to fantastic theories in anticipation of future science.

Individuals who in 1847 "subscribed to the fantastic theory" that Science would within a mere 20 years create a nearly-instantaneous transmission of data between North America and Europe would obviously have been correct in their beliefs.

Edited by OldTimeRadio

2. Korean Horror Film - Obviously fake, from a Korean Horror film (?) if my memory serves me correctly.

No. This pic came from Thai Horror film call "The Unborn" aka "The Mother". Not Korean.

IMDb

poster2.jpg

Scariest picture...a young beautiful girl? Right, ok. No.

The scariest picture on the internet is anything with Jocelyn Wildenstein in it. If some of you don't know who she is, I have included a link below, but click at your own risk. :o

http://www.bradlubman.com/2008/wp-content/uploads/Jocelyn%20Wildenstein%20B%20&%20A.img_assist_custom.jpg

Holy S**t! That's what having way too much plastic surgery does :blink: