Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy, 14, banned from school for moustache

Still Waters

A boy aged 14 has been banned from school for having a moustache.

Akaash Iqbal was told it was against the strict uniform policy at Manchester Academy and he wouldn't be allowed back until he shaved it off.

But his father Asif Mahmood branded the move 'nonsense' and insisted he was too young to begin shaving.

linked-imageRead more...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kaikou

• Queen in the North

• Ashyne

• Still Waters

Aww! How is a moustache not a part of the uniform? That's like saying that girls have to shave their legs if they're going to wear shorts for PE?

Although to be honest (even though I can see why he doesn't want to) I don't see why he just doesn't shave it off and get the school off his back. It'd be easier all around, even though the school are out of order.

Also, nothing wrong with a bit of stubble! :blush: Plenty of guys in my year (same year as the lad from the article) shave...

But his father Asif Mahmood branded the move 'nonsense'

As if his manhood is in question..?

2 letters...BS! schools these days are getting ridiculous

Indeed it is. With so many new rules and bans coming into place, it doesn't seem like it will be too long before they ban walking and talking.

Indeed it is. With so many new rules and bans coming into place, it doesn't seem like it will be too long before they ban walking and talking.

They already did ban walking and talking in lessons. :lol:

They already did ban walking and talking in lessons. :lol:

Ah, true, true ^_^

Ok then, well I'm gonna hazzard a guess then that it won't be long untill they ban... Hats, Oh wait that's already happened around here.

Umm, Breathing without consent. Yeah that will do.

Edited by Dark entity

Ah, true, true ^_^

Ok then, well I'm gonna hazzard a guess then that it won't be long untill they ban... Hats, Oh wait that's already happened around here.

Umm, Breathing without consent. Yeah that will do.

We had a sub teacher once who gave detentions for coughing without consent... it's ridiculous, yes?

We had a sub teacher once who gave detentions for coughing without consent... it's ridiculous, yes?

Extremely ridiculous! lol.

We had a sub teacher once, for English. She decided to read our palms instead of actually teaching us the subject. I know that was off topic, but it's also still a little ridiculous. :P

Then again, we had that in our school, you would have to cough alot though. We also had it with burping and the gas from the other end :unsure2:

Yeah I agree it's that it is classed as unpleasant for other people in the surrounding area but they are also natural bodily functions.

Gah, I'm glad I've left school now :angry::P

Pretty petty of the school.

He's just a kid.

To be a little fair here...

JUST LET THE BOY SHAVE!!! He's obviously not to young to have a 'stache! What's more importaint? You're kid shaveing earlier then most other kids his age being "to risque" or his education? Yeah sure the school is being silly with the facial hair thing.. but so isn't the father. Two little swipes with the razor and the kid can go back to school! Easy damned fix ever! It's not like they're asking for a full body shave or anything... cripes.

It's not like they're asking for a full body shave or anything... cripes.

That'd be an unusual school rule!

i cant help but chuckle because my parents want me to start shaving and i havent got much there to shave in the first place :P

First thing I thought of...

he's got a freaking mustache and he's too young to shave?

The age to start shaving is when you need to, lets hope his daughter doesn't start her periods to young.

Edited by hetrodoxly

First thing I thought of...

he's got a freaking mustache and he's too young to shave?

Yeah, that stumped me a little :hmm:

I was shaving by the time I was 12 for god sakes lol.

The age to start shaving is when you need to, lets hope his daughter doesn't start her periods to young.

Oh that'd be awful. Can you imagine what he probably imagines the 'proper' age for her to start would be too? I'm betting on around 14-15! :angry2:

At my highschool if you come in with a mustache you get a demerit and they give you a razor to shave it before class. Yeah and forget the shaving cream. I was trying to go for a goatee look myself but that killed it. Wow that kid has nothing, but his dad might be the coolest British person I have ever seen.(I haven't seen too many British people)

Edited by HumanTorch

My youngest started at 14. I had to talk him into shaving he thought the mustache was cool, but I told him if he shaved it it would get thicker later and be even more cool. His last year of school he grew a very bushy mustache for his graduation. I have to admit it was a vary cool mustache.

Edited by Darkwind

Maybe some 14 yr old boy start young......its puberty ffs lol

I went to school with a girl called Debbie......she shaved the bit of fluff from under her nose...she kept going it.......she formed a moustache.dark and hairy LOL..............she wouldnt listen to us..nope!!!!

Schools continue to get more and more ridiculous all over the world. Public schools make kids wear uniforms where I live, in order to make everyone equal. Equal? That's not equal, it's fascism if anything. They can throw their bs studies at me all they want, most studies are done looking for something to justify uniforms more than not.

Ugh, I'm sick of this crap they all spew. Schools need to learn to deal with their egos better- and that's saying something when a SCHOOL has a friggin' ego in the first place.

irregardless of the schools stance. The kid is obviously old enough to shave. His dads' explanation of 'if he starts now he'll have to do it for the rest of his life.' ?? he'll have to anyway if he doesn't want a mustache . it's an old wives tale that shaving makes hair grow thicker.

Maybe some 14 yr old boy start young......its puberty ffs lol

I went to school with a girl called Debbie......she shaved the bit of fluff from under her nose...she kept going it.......she formed a moustache.dark and hairy LOL..............she wouldnt listen to us..nope!!!!

:rofl: