Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Borachio

The Haunting of Munger Road

32 posts in this topic

Marius Dan

I think that about 5 years ago a movie was realised on this theme

Myles

If the bus full of kids accident really did take place, there would certainly be newspaper stories about it. I only did a quick small search, but could not find anything.

• Like 2

ChewiesArmy

Unfortunately a train was on the track so they tried pushing the bus off the tracks but they were too late, so the train ended up killing everyone. (Feel free to find and post any links to news on the story).

If you had enough time to try to push the bus, which is obviously not going to happen, why not get the kids off of the bus instead?

FinMaddox
On 9/1/2009 at 1:11 PM, churchanddestroy said:

There is a road in Palatine, Cuba Road, or something similar to it, that has a story that sounds a lot like the Munger Road story. I don't think that Munger Road has anything particularly out of the ordinary going on, besides being really really creepy.

Hi so, I just went to Munger Road (yes at 1 in the morning, I got off of work and didn’t feel like going home just yet,) sat on the tracks in Neutral several times and nothing happened. They must have renovated the tracks to allow two tracks and/or stop people from stopping on active railroad tracks.

As for the Cuba road, I’ll have to see and I work near there so I’ll have to see, I’ve also heard Shoe Factory rd in had two haunted buildings an old brick building and a farm where according to legends two separate murders happened

• Like 3

rashore
7 hours ago, FinMaddox said:

Hi so, I just went to Munger Road (yes at 1 in the morning, I got off of work and didn’t feel like going home just yet,) sat on the tracks in Neutral several times and nothing happened. They must have renovated the tracks to allow two tracks and/or stop people from stopping on active railroad tracks.

As for the Cuba road, I’ll have to see and I work near there so I’ll have to see, I’ve also heard Shoe Factory rd in had two haunted buildings an old brick building and a farm where according to legends two separate murders happened

Welcome to UM FinMaddox :tu:

Mighty old thread here, heh. I wouldn't be surprised if Munger had been worked on over time.. Be careful legal out on Cuba, it's winter and all.

And don't bother with Shoe Factory Road- the site of the original farm where some actual murders happened was plowed under and used for commercial years ago. So folks picked a couple other places to move the legend to- and now even those have been demolished. It's a translocating lore that has trailed off and gone defunct over time. 

• Like 3

FinMaddox
On 2/6/2021 at 9:24 AM, rashore said:

Mighty old thread here, heh.

yeah sorry, I made an account specifically for this thread

• Like 5

rashore
10 minutes ago, FinMaddox said:

yeah sorry, I made an account specifically for this thread

Kind of figured, it's OK. Not too often we get folks around here talking about road spooky. I happen to be familiar with the lore of the area. And Shoe Factory Road is one of my favorite examples of translocating lore. 

There's other spooky drives out that way, some legends better or more defunct than others. Some other public spaces that have legal access, like parks too. I'd have to go digging through old notes to bring up a list. 

• Like 3