Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE

Blink4567

Nope! They added an attack on the burrow, for... no reason. I don't think anyone is even at the burrow when Bellatrix attacks it, they all come rushing out of a corn field or something. Absolutely bizarre.

Confusing? I thought they were at the OOTP house when that happend?

Seriously. :lol: I loved the third, it'd be my favorite from the new director. I hate the transformation scene though, because Rowling states clearly that werewolves aren't half-man/half-wolf, they're fully wolf in form and that's why Sirius, James, and Peter all took the forms of animals to comfort Lupin. :[ I do really wish they'd have kept the style of the first director, and that Richard Harris hadn't died. XD

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• Blink4567

• Stormcrow

• Moon Minion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the books i loved to death

the movies....could of been 1000 times better if they made them all 3 hours long like the Lord Of The Rings series. I know it would take longer but i wouldn't care if we were only up to the 4th movie now if they were all 3 hours - 3 hours 15min long

They could've atleast made him more wolf like and given him fur, I've never heard of a bald werewolf untill I watched the movie.

Agreed. XD Mangy Lupin...

I've read them all and seen them all, and although I'm not as excited about it as I used to be, I'm looking forward for the next film :) It will have some exciting scenes (Snape-Dumbledore). And you are right mentioning Greyback - I'm always curious to see how they make a werewolf in cinema...

I agree with you on that, however, I actually liked the werewolf in comparison to other movie werewolves. I was really glad they didn't make it furry and muscular apeman :)

I don't think Greyback is going to have many scenes, but by the looks of him on the poster he looks a bit like Wolverine. I always pictured him as being kind of hunched over like Egor, with lots of hair and a kind of twisted, deformed look about him. :lol:

True. It was my favorite transformation scene for a werewolf, to be honest, but I just hate how it was so different from the books. :[

I KNOW! I WAS SO DISSAPOINTED they didnt have any of the creatures in the maze! I think aaragog was suppose to be in there as well!

So who is the director of the 6th movie? hmm I wonder.

They better do the schoolyard battle justice though. I think harry saves draco's life in this one to. They also better do that plot justice as well. The actors do a phenominal job, but the screenwriters need to read the book more. It sux thers not much JK can do about it.

And yes hopefully they fit in as much detail as possible in the last "two" movies, theyd better. There is alot tell in the end of this tale.

It's been awhile since I've read GoF, but I think I do remember Aaragog.

David Yates is the director pf all the movies since GoF. Alfonso Cuarón did PoA, and Chris Columbus did the first two movies.

Ouch... I just read HBP and I don't even remember the schoolyard battle? :lol: Maybe I need to go back and reread it AGAIN. ROFL.

the books i loved to death

the movies....could of been 1000 times better if they made them all 3 hours long like the Lord Of The Rings series. I know it would take longer but i wouldn't care if we were only up to the 4th movie now if they were all 3 hours - 3 hours 15min long

I agree. The longest movie was CoS, at 161 minutes... Seemed really long, but they could have added so much more to it.

I'm such a dork. . .I love these books. . I grew up with them. I swear when the last book came out and I finished it, I cried. It was like an end of an era for me. The movies are all ok. . .But I have to agree with benz. . .I would have liked them better if they were closer to the books. who cares if they're long. The LoTR movies were long, but I loved them! They were at least sorta close. The Harry Potter movies just leave SO much out that they leave me sort of disappointed. Not that it matters. . .I'm still gonna go watch them and then buy them. . .

I'm such a dork. . .I love these books. . I grew up with them. I swear when the last book came out and I finished it, I cried. It was like an end of an era for me. The movies are all ok. . .But I have to agree with benz. . .I would have liked them better if they were closer to the books. who cares if they're long. The LoTR movies were long, but I loved them! They were at least sorta close. The Harry Potter movies just leave SO much out that they leave me sort of disappointed. Not that it matters. . .I'm still gonna go watch them and then buy them. . .

mE too! I was Jumping up and down! Screaming, laughing , crying! Ive never felt that way reading a book! But in a way that was a big part of my childhood as well! Big time! I know everyone would stay in the theatre that long! For sure! I WOULD!

mE too! I was Jumping up and down! Screaming, laughing , crying! Ive never felt that way reading a book! But in a way that was a big part of my childhood as well! Big time! I know everyone would stay in the theatre that long! For sure! I WOULD!

I dressed up for the last movie. :lol: I'd sit in there for five hours if they made them that long (though I don't know if people would appreciate my witch's hat for that long or not). Wound up seeing OotP in theaters five times. nooo im not crazy

But, same. I started reading the books after GoF came out, in seventh grade. I remember the first night I started reading the Philosopher's Stone. It was the only book that could make me smile, or laugh out loud. When I was rereading HBP there were so many parts that I just burst out laughing from, or had to put it down because I just couldn't bear reading it again (like the part where Draco corners Harry on the train and leaves him there under the invisibility cloak). DH made me more angry than sad, I think I was in denial that it was over. :rofl: But I went back and reread it a few months ago and realized just how much I liked it.

I CANNOT WAIT for the theme park to open. I will be there, first day. I'll camp out for tickets, damnit, I'm not going to miss it.

I dressed up for the last movie. :lol: I'd sit in there for five hours if they made them that long (though I don't know if people would appreciate my witch's hat for that long or not). Wound up seeing OotP in theaters five times. nooo im not crazy

But, same. I started reading the books after GoF came out, in seventh grade. I remember the first night I started reading the Philosopher's Stone. It was the only book that could make me smile, or laugh out loud. When I was rereading HBP there were so many parts that I just burst out laughing from, or had to put it down because I just couldn't bear reading it again (like the part where Draco corners Harry on the train and leaves him there under the invisibility cloak). DH made me more angry than sad, I think I was in denial that it was over. :rofl: But I went back and reread it a few months ago and realized just how much I liked it.

I CANNOT WAIT for the theme park to open. I will be there, first day. I'll camp out for tickets, damnit, I'm not going to miss it.

WHAT!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS ABOUT A THEME PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT???? WHERE??? and to me its the sorcerers stone! BUT SAME THING! lol.

WHAT!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS ABOUT A THEME PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT???? WHERE??? and to me its the sorcerers stone! BUT SAME THING! lol.

OMGGGG You haven't heard about the theme park?

http://www.wizardingworldharrypotter.com/

IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so freaking excited but I JUST DONT KNOW! Theres so much detail to make! They just need to make a recreation of the whole world for like a weekend getaway Island!

I just think WB will have a huge REVOLT if this place isnt perfect! BUT I HAVE TO GET GRAND OPENING TICKETS! I dont care if its like charlie and the choclate factory style! BRING IT! lol

IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so freaking excited but I JUST DONT KNOW! Theres so much detail to make! They just need to make a recreation of the whole world for like a weekend getaway Island!

I just think WB will have a huge REVOLT if this place isnt perfect! BUT I HAVE TO GET GRAND OPENING TICKETS! I dont care if its like charlie and the choclate factory style! BRING IT! lol

It's coming along really well, I saw some progress pictures of Hogwarts at Mugglenet. Supposedly it's going to be almost perfect. The Hogwarts castle is going to be even bigger than the castle at Disney. :o Huge stuff. So even if it isn't 100% perfect, I think people are going to be SUPER excited about it, regardless. Because seriously. Harry Potter would be practically brought to life. I want to get a job there as an actor... *Sigh*

It's coming along really well, I saw some progress pictures of Hogwarts at Mugglenet. Supposedly it's going to be almost perfect. The Hogwarts castle is going to be even bigger than the castle at Disney. :o Huge stuff. So even if it isn't 100% perfect, I think people are going to be SUPER excited about it, regardless. Because seriously. Harry Potter would be practically brought to life. I want to get a job there as an actor... *Sigh*

OMG that would be amazing!!

The films are getting less and less like the books. And it's so annoying. I go to watch Harry potter not the directions imagining on how Harry Potter should have been according to him...

At the rate things are changing, I wouldn't be suprised if at the end of Deathly Hallows part 2, Harry and Voldemort square off against each other in a square dancing contest, to determine who gets the elder flower bunch instead of a wand.

They should call Deathly hallows part 2:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2: The Hogwarts Massacre :P

The films are getting less and less like the books. And it's so annoying. I go to watch Harry potter not the directions imagining on how Harry Potter should have been according to him...

At the rate things are changing, I wouldn't be suprised if at the end of Deathly Hallows part 2, Harry and Voldemort square off against each other in a square dancing contest, to determine who gets the elder flower bunch instead of a wand.

They should call Deathly hallows part 2:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2: The Hogwarts Massacre :P

I have not read any of the books,but you could be right about it you know. I still am looking forward to seeing the movie. Apparently it comes out July15th. I can't wait to see it !

I didn't start reading the series until right before the final book came out. I wanted to wait for a bit of they hype to die down honestly because I didn't want to read the series expecting a lot out of it and be disappointed. I am glad I had waited to read the books as well as see the movies. Of course the movies are never going to be as good as the books are, and yes they adapt the films and change things around a bit, but I still found them entertaining. I wish that there were a few things different about the movies, for instance during the triwizard match up against the dragons I wish they would have shown the other contestants battling their wyrm counterparts. Of course to make it all much more dramatic like they had Harry and his dragon leave the arena, much greater sense of mortal peril etc....

and to me its the sorcerers stone! BUT SAME THING! lol.

Why is that so? Is it because american don't know what a Philosopher is?

Why is that so? Is it because american don't know what a Philosopher is?

"Philosopher's Stone" wouldn't have sold as well in America. Not because people don't know what a philosopher is, but because it doesn't have as much appeal to young American children--not as much as a "sorcerer" would. Sad truth.

Hmmph! It's in Florida, of coarse, looks like I'll be saving up for the ticket as well as a flight to the states...

I'm starting to think living in Australia is a real bummer <_<

Harry Potter is overrated.

Nah, It depends on how you took it. For me it was a mind vacation! I think for most people it was!

Nah, It depends on how you took it. For me it was a mind vacation! I think for most people it was!

Absolutely, a fun world in it's own, luckily I think those who think it's overrated are out numbered! :lol:

I guess if you take to it you'll love it, if you don't you wont get why others take to it, naturally.

Absolutely, a fun world in it's own, luckily I think those who think it's overrated are out numbered! :lol:

I guess if you take to it you'll love it, if you don't you wont get why others take to it, naturally.

Of course! What youth wouldnt want to take their mind off of life! As for the philosophers stone, either way lol I would of got it. I just wonder are the versions any different or just the titles?

Of course! What youth wouldnt want to take their mind off of life! As for the philosophers stone, either way lol I would of got it. I just wonder are the versions any different or just the titles?

There are a couple of scene differences, as well. I remember when reading the American version of HBP (or maybe it was just me? But I remember it clearly, so someone fill me in if I'm remembering it wrong) that Snape, after killing Dumbledore, jumped out of the tower leaving a "Snape-shaped hole in the wall". He then proceeded to fly away. In the English version, Snape does no such thing, and runs down the stairs, out the front doors, and confronts Harry.

I also seem to remember a difference (also in HBP) when Harry gets his copy of Advanced Potion Making. I think in the American version he has to rummage through a cupboard to find his book, while in the English version Slughorn gives him the copy.

I think there's some vague differences in the first book too, some scenes with Seamus, and some other small, insignificant things.

But seriously, am I totally thinking of something different with those HBP scenes? There wasn't a Snape-shaped hole mentioned at all in the English version, but I SWEAR I've heard it somewhere.

But seriously, am I totally thinking of something different with those HBP scenes? There wasn't a Snape-shaped hole mentioned at all in the English version, but I SWEAR I've heard it somewhere.

:w00t: A Snape-shaped hole LOL OK I'm really glad that wasn't in the version I read, a little to humorous IMO :P

OH OKAY. It was in DH. I still don't remember reading it in the English version though... Maybe I skipped it or something when I was rereading it? o_o

I don't remember anything like that in DH, oh maybe, I'll have to read it again, but it will have to wait. I've just started reading the series again (for the third time), I'm up to number three, I'm enjoying just as much as the first time I read it. ^_^

Which version do I have? lol

Great series of the time...I have read it in full and liked it to the most.As people say that it is promoting black magic some feel reluctant to read...As I read I didn't feel anything of that sort powerful enough to turn me into witchcraft or shake the very base of my beliefs.Books are the products of imagination and that it is meant to entertain(of course there are exemptions)so while you read it just take the good things only

Thanks

B???