Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE

Blink4567

"Philosopher's Stone" wouldn't have sold as well in America. Not because people don't know what a philosopher is, but because it doesn't have as much appeal to young American children--not as much as a "sorcerer" would. Sad truth.

My uncle ran across one of the "Philosopher's Stone" books and thought it was a new book, he didn't realise they had changed it's title untill he got home and realised he was reading the first book all over.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• Blink4567

• Stormcrow

• Moon Minion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My uncle ran across one of the "Philosopher's Stone" books and thought it was a new book, he didn't realise they had changed it's title untill he got home and realised he was reading the first book all over.

Another problem with the change of versions.....A single version should be sold to one country and if multiple versions are sold then it will cause confusion like this one

Thanks

B???

I was just wondering if anyone could refresh my memory on the 6th book. Doesnt fudge get replaced in the begining of the sixth book? I was just confused because I thought the bridge being collapsed was in the 5th book.

I was just wondering if anyone could refresh my memory on the 6th book. Doesnt fudge get replaced in the begining of the sixth book? I was just confused because I thought the bridge being collapsed was in the 5th book.

Yes , Fudge gets replaced in the start of sixth book....In this book dumbledore teaches harry about the past of Riddle and assigns him the duty of finding the horcruxes....The last book gets pretty complicated....The language and all the twists in the story makes the whole book somewhat uninteresting to read...Everyone blushes off the last few pages

Thanks

B???

Another problem with the change of versions.....A single version should be sold to one country and if multiple versions are sold then it will cause confusion like this one

Thanks

B???

I agree. There is to mutch confusion when it comes to different versions of books being sold to one country. They should decide on one version and stick to it.

I agree. There is to mutch confusion when it comes to different versions of books being sold to one country. They should decide on one version and stick to it.

Probably they thought they could have more financial gain by releasing different version in the same country.....Anyways its adversely affecting thier sales

Thanks

B???

Probably they thought they could have more financial gain by releasing different version in the same country.....Anyways its adversely affecting thier sales

Thanks

B???

That is why I always check a book that is in a series that I have. Don't want to get two of one book.

Thanks

B???

The reason for the change in the U.S. title for the first book (from Philosopher's Stone to Sorcerer's Stone) was because the publisher didn't think the "Philosopher" part would fit in with the tale of a young wizard...and therefore would not sell well amongst the American audience. I personally don't think it was that big of a deal...and the book has sold extremely well here.

That is why I always check a book that is in a series that I have. Don't want to get two of one book.

I say read the back cover and the first few pages, I always do before I buy a book. Or if I'm buying online I do a quick Google search. :) Not usually when it comes to a series, but one off books I might've read from the library that I'd forgotten. Usually the first few pages will jog my memory.

I say read the back cover and the first few pages, I always do before I buy a book. Or if I'm buying online I do a quick Google search. :) Not usually when it comes to a series, but one off books I might've read from the library that I'd forgotten. Usually the first few pages will jog my memory.

That's what I normaly do, or I'll skim through it and see if anythings familiar, like characters, locations, etc.

Ill be there at 8pm my time opening night! Biggest screen they have here! I CANT WAIT! One more week! :w00t:

I've read all the books except the last one, but I can't wait for this movie.. I just have to wait for it to come out on video though, I couldn't bear watching it in the Cinema and having some idiot start making a load of noise behind me, or kids talking etc. !

ps, only a Dork would call you a dork!!! :)

I've read all the books except the last one, but I can't wait for this movie.. I just have to wait for it to come out on video though, I couldn't bear watching it in the Cinema and having some idiot start making a load of noise behind me, or kids talking etc. !

ps, only a Dork would call you a dork!!! :)

Yeah, your not the only one. I'd rather watch it at home where no one is going to interupt me while I'm trying to watch it and if they do I can tell them to leave.

Yeah, your not the only one. I'd rather watch it at home where no one is going to interupt me while I'm trying to watch it and if they do I can tell them to leave.

Too true, only I will probably watch it on my own, with the phone unplugged, the lights off and the sound up loud! I don't mind seeing it with a whole crowd after, just not the 'first' time!

Too true, only I will probably watch it on my own, with the phone unplugged, the lights off and the sound up loud! I don't mind seeing it with a whole crowd after, just not the 'first' time!

I've got siblings who'll want to watch it with me. Unless I get up really early and watch it or I can lock them out of the house. HMM... I like the last idea. ^_^

I've got siblings who'll want to watch it with me. Unless I get up really early and watch it or I can lock them out of the house. HMM... I like the last idea. ^_^

Just tie them to chairs and gag them!!!! :lol:

Just tie them to chairs and gag them!!!! :lol:

That sounds even better, I'll get my boyfriend to help, that way there'll be less struggle, the neighbors will never know. ;)

That sounds even better, I'll get my boyfriend to help, that way there'll be less struggle, the neighbors will never know. ;)

That way everyone gets to see the movie in peace (ps.. the neighbours are probably doing the same thing!)

That way everyone gets to see the movie in peace (ps.. the neighbours are probably doing the same thing!)

No, my neighbor is a preacher, but I bet he'll be watching resseling(he likes to watch the women fight). ^_^

No, my neighbor is a preacher, but I bet he'll be watching resseling(he likes to watch the women fight). ^_^

Sounds like a creepy guy...

Sounds like a creepy guy...

No, he's my grandpaw, he just gets a kick out of them kicking each others butts. He's really nice and likes to help people when he can.

No, he's my grandpaw, he just gets a kick out of them kicking each others butts. He's really nice and likes to help people when he can.

Ooops! Sorry!! But if he is a Preacher, doesn't he think Harry Potter stories are 'bad' for kids?

Ooops! Sorry!! But if he is a Preacher, doesn't he think Harry Potter stories are 'bad' for kids?

That's okay, no offence take, I can see where you were coming from, I had a creepy neighbor once. I haven't realy asked his opinion on it but he probably does think it's bad for kids.

That's okay, no offence take, I can see where you were coming from, I had a creepy neighbor once. I haven't realy asked his opinion on it but he probably does think it's bad for kids.

How can HP be bad?Idont know any reason for that.....

Its just fiction

Thanks

B???

How can HP be bad?Idont know any reason for that.....

Its just fiction

Thanks

B???

Alot of people that are religious say that HP is associated with the devil because it contains witch craft. I know it doesn't make any sence but they do, I've even set my other grandfather down and had him to watch it and he's a deacon of a church, he never said anything about it.

Alot of people that are religious say that HP is associated with the devil because it contains witch craft. I know it doesn't make any sence but they do, I've even set my other grandfather down and had him to watch it and he's a deacon of a church, he never said anything about it.

Yeah...I used to play pranks with my grandmother going and sitting near her and reading the HP loud...I laugh when I hear her grumble

Thanks

B???