Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE

Blink4567

Some of the people I know who have seen the movie have said that they didn't think it was all that great,and one of the things they mentioned was that when the students and faculty were shown standing around Dumbledore's body,it seemed to them that the students and faculty were acting a bit like it wasn't a big deal. I think that they are wrong in this regard,as I could see that most had a look of shock on their faces (the grief hadn't really set in yet). It was,in my opinion,a very moving scene (although I think that scene could've been done a wee bit better).

I definitely agree....Mcgonagall had a beautiful scene in that and it was well shot

Thanks

B???

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• Blink4567

• Stormcrow

• Moon Minion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only person that is sick and tired of reading, seeing and hearing about Harry effin Potter?

How a fictional, childrens book character can hijack the national news headlines is a sad indictment of our society.

AAAAAARRRRRRGH

I wonder if you complained as loudly about Lord of the Rings?

I wonder if you complained as loudly about Lord of the Rings?

LOL

Purrrrrr *clutches her Snape doll*

Is all I'm sayin' cuz Alan Rickman... damn fine...

Kind of like how some of us are sick of Star Wars, every horror movie that has an ungodsly amount of sequals, Narnia, and people b****ing about something they can just not go watch/read. X)

Kind of like how some of us are sick of Star Wars, every horror movie that has an ungodsly amount of sequals, Narnia, and people b****ing about something they can just not go watch/read. X)

TY! They always have to put thier two cents in! If you have no point dont wast any space!

TY! They always have to put thier two cents in! If you have no point dont wast any space!

I second

Thanks

B???

I think out of all listed Harry Potter is the best

Thanks

B???

Alan Rickman as Snape has done an excellent role....Really Love him

Thanks

B???

I hate the Star Wars Prequels, but at least they stopped, and Lucas isn't making any more. Think he got the message that they were raping Star Wars and ruining it.

But to me it just seems that compared to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or Star Trek, Harry Potter is relatively childish. And even then it's managed to chug out far more movies in a shorter period of time than Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. I saw the first two movies, they were just so/so. Perhaps the books were better, I rarely read fiction anyway.

And to be fair, the best Star Wars stuff is in the books...the 90's books (the "rarely read" fiction of mine, besides some manga).

And Narnia still hasn't chugged out that many movies or books, in fact they're relatively classic.

Harry Potter stops at book 7 and is completely done. No more movies and the only other books that came out after book 7 was that book on the Bard's tales.. and I *think* she wrote a very exclusively given out HP book about him much later on in life. As in only her closest friends would get a copy and it'll never be a movie or avalible to the mass public. That and well the books rather started out for children readers. It's just alot of adults loved it too. I find it rather funny how people complain that it's being dragged out the moment they split one of the books into two movies because there is so much content in it that one movie just couldn't cut it. Of course the synics will go strait to the same ol' same "She's doing it just for the money!!" While I like the idea of splitting up a book so that it's content wouldn't be hacked to bits to fit it in 2 hours. Sadly I've a feeling alot of the people complaining about the movie split would also be the ones complaining had they no split it and hacked it all up to fit time frame.

Star Trek keeps on going, more movies then HP will ever have.. And I dunno.. the last two TNG movies kinda seemed like they were scrapeing the barrel. (and I do enjoy Star Trek...)

Narnia stopped because the author's kinda well .. dead. But classic or no, can't stand the stories *shrugs*

For originality.. what really is original anymore? It's like certain gorefest movies. Nothing original about them anymore but people still flock to them like they're the best thing to date. Hells the plots start running together after awhile.

You can find bits of everything in anything. Put an android in something and you have people compairing it to every movie/tv show out there that have andriods as main characters. Elves? Every fantasy story comparison ahoy. Vampires? Werewolves? Even Steampunk..

If you want something original you'll either have to write your own story then give up the idea of it being such because someone somewhere will compair it to something already done.

Voyager will never be reconized. Ever. X) Give me TOS or TNG anyday *nodsnods*

Ahh.. let's say overly required reading material growing up. Read the books in one grade.. then again two grades later. Then get shown the animated films over and over again. After awhile.. you grow tired of it.

You're right you'll be hard pressed to find much original nowadays. Harry Potter is solid, I guess, and it got more mature. I guess obsessed fans of ANYTHING can make the entire fanbase look bad.

...anyone else think that Twilight is the biggest load of garbage ever? Mediocre book turned into an even more mediocre movie. I've never even heard of it until the movie came out, now there's ravenous fans, beyond ravenous fans. I mean Twilight is so unoriginal and generic that I theorize all Twilight fans are some unified group of trolls. It's like some sort of conspiracy.

Exactly. There will always be obsessive fans out there that will kill something for people with less obsessive tendancies. People who do anything from legaly changing their name to Optimus Prime (lol yes.. this really happened..) To people making a fictional language into a damned near real one complete with a couple of colleges offering it as a lingual course (KU'PLA!) To people making another fictional philosophy into an actual religion. (Jedi power!)

Not to mention people who will have cosmetic surgery for elf ears, vampire fangs, feline whiskers...

Then there are the antifans fanatics who think that a story or a table top game can teach their children black magic, witch craft, summoning fictional elder gods... You name it. Makes whatever they're railing about look bad along with themselves.

And Twilight needs to die a horrible death. I do happen to like vampires (Mmm VTM ... yay Tremere!) So seeing a young SPARKLY vampire makes me twitch uncontrolibly..

it makes parody fodder though!

Did you here the last movie to the last book "The Deathly Hallows" will be split into two parts??

LINK

Not that I think it's a completely bad idea they might fit much more in, but I just hope that's not an incentive to change it even more!!!

*sighs* yes they are....sadly

Link

It'll be interesting to see where they cut off in the Deathly Hallows. Reading it for the second time right now. Oh, the house burning in the Half-Blood Prince never happened in the book. The book was darker too.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I find it extremely disturbing how obsessed some Harry Potter fans are.

I mean, I like Harry Potter too, read all the books, watched the movies, and enjoyed them. However I did not find it necessary to see each movie on opening day, dress up for them, or to squeal like a twelve-year-old girl when I walked into the theater.

It just doesn't seem healthy to be that obsessed with anything to me.

But to be on topic, I thought the movie was so-so. It was good, but it felt like they tried too hard on the dramatic scenes, to the point where they were a little corny. Or maybe it was just the mindset I was in when I watched it. I mostly just made fun of it with my friend the whole time. But it seems like they did that on all the movies to me.

I think they will split it in the gringotts chapter...I think it will be a good ending....

It is the way she write that made fans obsessed with this...I dont think its a serious issue

Thanks

B???

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I find it extremely disturbing how obsessed some Harry Potter fans are.

I mean, I like Harry Potter too, read all the books, watched the movies, and enjoyed them. However I did not find it necessary to see each movie on opening day, dress up for them, or to squeal like a twelve-year-old girl when I walked into the theater.

It just doesn't seem healthy to be that obsessed with anything to me.

But to be on topic, I thought the movie was so-so. It was good, but it felt like they tried too hard on the dramatic scenes, to the point where they were a little corny. Or maybe it was just the mindset I was in when I watched it. I mostly just made fun of it with my friend the whole time. But it seems like they did that on all the movies to me.

Can say that about anything really. How many people dressed up and squeeled on opening day for your given "Star --

movie? Light sabers to spock ears. XD

Same with LOTR.. and *cring**gag**shudder* Twilight...

No different really.. just for Harry Potter.

and again I say .. Purrrrrr Severus...

(then again.. Alan Rickman.. /dies)

See... I never liked Galactica or Star Wars.

Trek was always my favorite. Even though they had like two spin offs that wern't that all good.. one was down right horrid.

Granted.. Trek has brought about alot of technologies. More then Star Wars.. Cell phones, medical equiptment.. the like.

To be honest I find it extremely disturbing how obsessed some Harry Potter fans are.I mean, I like Harry Potter too, read all the books, watched the movies, and enjoyed them. However I did not find it necessary to see each movie on opening day, dress up for them, or to squeal like a twelve-year-old girl when I walked into the theater.It just doesn't seem healthy to be that obsessed with anything to me.But to be on topic, I thought the movie was so-so. It was good, but it felt like they tried too hard on the dramatic scenes, to the point where they were a little corny. Or maybe it was just the mindset I was in when I watched it. I mostly just made fun of it with my friend the whole time. But it seems like they did that on all the movies to me.

As a fan myself,I do not feel that it is necessary for me to go on opening night,dressed in wizard robes or anything. I enjoy the books for being a well written story,and the movies for the visual (although changed a bit) version of the story. I think the actors and actresses did a wonderful job of bringing the characters and story to life on the big screen (for the scripts given them),and I wouldn't mind having a few collectibles from the movies and books. But other than that,I'm really not "obsessive"...unless you consider having a wallpaper on my desktop that was from one of the movies.

But I do agree...some fans do tend to go overboard with it all. But then again,fans have gone overboard for plenty of different things...including bands,books,movies,cars...etc. It's nothing new,and it will always happen.

I have no issue with people being fans of certain things. I could probably name all of the Rebellion/New Republic and Imperial starships in Star Wars and list their attributes, also ground vehicles. In a sense I'm "obsessed". It's also nostalgia based on having read the books and comics during the 90's. I don't like the prequels because they're so different from what I grew up with...damn they need to make a movie based on a Timothy Zahn novel about the Thrawn Campaign or something, that I would love to see.But on point, when a fanbase develops for something as generic, bland, and as mediocre as Twilight it begs questioning people's sanity.It was not ground breaking like Star Trek or Star Wars, it was not well-written like Harry Potter, I could go on. What do they see in it? To be as nice as possible it was at most an average book that's only about 4 years old.Also side rant am I the only person sick and tired of Star Trek versus Star Wars arguments?

Edited quote for length

Eh...you're not the only one obsessed with Star Wars. A lot of my friends are Star Wars geeks. I agree with you about the prequels. Those could've been done a lot better,and I actually would've preferred seeing the Zahn books made into sequels. That reminds me...I'll have to give those a read again soon.

I totally agree with you on the Twilight junk. Very soon I'll be checking on a parody that someone told me about called "Potato Moon" by Peter David. I've heard it's quite hilarious.

And you're not the only one sick of the dumb arguments of Star Wars vs. Star Trek. There are no real similarities worthy of having arguments. The two are very different in nature,and I feel that both have their places in the Pop Culture of recent history. I like both,but if I were ever to don any of the garb from one of them,it would very likely be Star Wars. That's the one that connects with me the most. Besides....I'd rather have a lightsaber than a phaser.

As for Battlestar Galactica...the original series was a bit campy and fun at times (with a not too bad storyline to start off with)...but the later series was just frickin' lame. I watched the first few episodes and left it alone afterwards.

I read about a guy obessed with Starwrs collected all the costumes and then he sold it because he didnt have the space to store them....i would buy the sword :innocent:

Thanks

B???

Me? Neither. I'd rather command a battalion of AT-AT's flanked by AT-STs, AT-PTs, Juggernauts, AT-AAs and Storm Commandos with a wing of Scimitar assault bombers giving cover.

And you know what? None of that would matter one iota if I have a TRDIS - set the TARDIS to materialize around your army (Technically the inside can be of infinite size) and the Dimensional Transcendentalism of the TARDIS negates all energy based weapons causing your tech to be useless.