Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Slender Man is upon us

Tokemus

nah, i cant read that much in one, can somebody summarize?! LOL

thought you fans of the slender man may find this interesting a new video-game called Slender

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-is-pure-horror

The people who made Marble Hornets have actually played this game and it scared them, so I'm very interested in trying it out.

Edited by Cryptid_Control

nah, i cant read that much in one, can somebody summarize?! LOL

It's 2 paragraphs you lazy bugger.

But anyways:

- Wake up in a dark forest, with no map, phone, or anything; other than a flash light.

- Your covinced to collect 8 pages pinned up throughout the map.

- When Slenderman is near you, the screen begins to glitch and go grainy slowly over time. Well, it's not you going near him, I guess when he gets in your path, he stops moving.

Then when you look around and your flashlight shows Slenderman, you get game over.

Oh! And theres also dark abandoned buildings, one significantly being a mens toilet and a womens toilet with half working lights and mirrors. >:-)

Edited by Skeptic Chicken
  • Like 2

whilst trawling t'internet for new ufo sightings i came upon a ufo site that had supposed sightings of the slenderman, apparently they had taken it as real and were speculating that he was an ET!! i thought everyone knew it was made up

whilst trawling t'internet for new ufo sightings i came upon a ufo site that had supposed sightings of the slenderman, apparently they had taken it as real and were speculating that he was an ET!! i thought everyone knew it was made up

http://ufosearchonline.com/ufo/2010/09/slender-man-sightings/ ?

I know we've talked about it before but there's been the tulpa theory thrown out (that he became real) and also if you think the fake sitings are funny ...

you really should search the thread for the Coast to Coast call-in. GOLD.

no thats not the site i found, it was ages ago i really cant remember it, but it was similar to the stuff on that sight, there was only one picture (the one in the woods) and supposed testimonies from people who claimed to have encountered him after ufo's were seen!!

So...can anybody maybe make a summary or something? I don't think it should be that hard to give a simple explanation than having us read a series of long stories.

If you're interested, read them (or watch the videos). If not, find some other form of entertainment.

Edited by lizzieboo

So...can anybody maybe make a summary or something? I don't think it should be that hard to give a simple explanation than having us read a series of long stories.

It's not as good unless you read the stories.

Also, for fans of Slender Man, check out 'The Rake' if you haven't yet. That's a pretty good one, too. It's probably been mentioned in this thread, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Here you go:

The Slender Man is a constructed myth created at the Something Awful Forums in a thread entitled "Create Paranormal Images" in 2009. It has since transcended into a meme of sorts.

Slender Man just recently appeared on the net. For those of you that haven't heard of it, the whole thing started on somethingawful forums (http://forums.someth...3#post361861415 Slender Man starts on Victor Surge's post and continues on to the last page) and has grabbed the attention of numerous people. Just last month this man (http://www.youtube.c...r/MarbleHornets) posted a mini-series of Slender Man. Even though they're made by an amateur, they catch that creepy feeling that Slender Man offers. The whole thing seems to prey on your primordial fears. The very embodiment of what terrified you as a child, yet seemingly so normal it almost seems like it could be real. Read the entire thread in the somethingawful link, watch the videos by MH, and discuss. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found the next big thing in horror.

From http://marblehornets...om/slender-man:

'The Slender Man was the nickname given to a mysterious character seen in the background of several pictures in a SomethingAwful thread. The posts themselves were centered around children, and a certain man with a slender figure in the background of several pictures, sometimes appearing to have long, spindly, tentacle-like extraneous appendages.

The Slender Man was discovered at the Something Awful Forums in a thread centered around photos from a singular fire which killed many children in the 1980s. He is described as wearing a black suit and black hat and as the name suggests, appears very thin and able to stretch his limbs and torso to inhuman lengths in order to induce fear and ensnare his prey. Once his arms are outstretched, his victims are put into something of a hypnotized state, where they are utterly helpless to stop themselves from walking into them.

Whether he absorbs, kills, or mearly takes his victims to an undiclosed location or dimension is also unknown as there are never any bodys or evidence left behind in his wake to deduce a definite conclusion. Not much is known at this time, but his objective and habitat are fairly clearly agreed-upon. He has the need to kidnap children, and is seen right before the disappearance of a child or multiple children. He seems to prefer fog enshrouded streets and wooded areas as a way to conceal himself from being noticed. It should also be noted that children have been able to see him when no other adults in the vicinity could, though adults have also been known to see him at times. Children also have dreams or nightmares concerning The Slender Man before their disappearance. A disputed concept regarding the Slender Man is whether or not he can be seen by those other than his victims—many believe that if you see Slender Man then you are a target or prey, though there is no certain proof of this.

Even though The Slender Man is fairly new in the media, people have already claimed sightings. He appears mostly at night, and most always peering out of wooded areas or near rivers. He has also been reported to peek inside left open windows and to walk out in front of lone motorists on long uninhabited roads. The Slender Man or men, have appeared everywhere from Japan, Norway, and America to name a growing few. He's even made it on Coast to Coast.

[media=]

[/media]

There has also been talk that Slender Man is a tulpa. A tulpa is a thoughtform, or being created from the collective thoughts of separate individuals. This comes from the belief in Tibetan Buddhism and Bon that a "being" may be created by a 'psychospiritual' complex of mind, energy or consciousness manifested either consciously or unconsciously, by a sentient being or in concert (wikipedia). Basically, the belief is that Slender Man is a manifestation of mental energy according this theory.

Another theory states that Slender Man is a physical being, not a thoughtform, whose existence and powers are in part reliant on physics and understood science. Since this explanation seeks a physical explanation and not a pseudo-scientific explanation, advocates of this "Quantum Theory" often believe that The Slender Man is a trans-dimensional or perhaps even a fourth dimensional being, capable of moving freely through space-time. Other versions suggest that the Slender Man is a Schrodinger's Cat of sorts, capable of both existing and not existing anywhere in space-time, and choosing to exist where needed.

A third theory asserts that the game creators (which I'll be touching on later) created the tulpa to exist in-game. This is called "Core Theory" and is constantly being tweaked over at Slender Nation. You can read more about it here.

Marble Hornets is an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) based upon the Slender Man mythos. It was the first Slender Man ARG to be created, and set the trend for those that followed, as well as bringing Slender Man to a wider audience. From Slender Man wiki:

MH gains its name from Alex's film project, Marble Hornets. The early entries in the series are clips from the filming tapes used in creating the Marble Hornets film. Alex ended the project due to seeing Slenderman (known in MH as The Operator) frequently, and handed the tapes over to his friend and MH narrator Jay. Alex told Jay to burn the tapes, but, being a good friend, Jay did not and instead posted them on Youtube. Alex disappeared afterwards.

Early entries consisted of tapes from the Marble Hornets film and of those taken by Alex who obsessively recorded himself in order to capture Slenderman stalking him. Eventually, the entries turn to videos taken by Jay, catalouging his efforts to discover Alex's whereabouts and unravel the mystery surrounding The Operator. Over time, Jay follows leads to old buildings, former homes, etc, but generally finds little to nothing.

He begins to encounter two figures- Masky, the video series' Proxy, and The Operator itself, who seemingly work together to antagonize Jay and separate him from Alex. Jay continues into the mystery willingly placing himself in danger to find the problem. Some videos recieve cryptic responses from a separate Youtube channel called totheark, which makes threats, predictions, and statements concerning the ongoings of the entries as they progress.

Link to get you started watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhfn3mgWUI&feature=plcp

Twitter feed for when you catch up:

https://twitter.com/marblehornets

There are also other ARGs out there, here is a partial list of Vlogs:

EverymanHYBRID

TribeTwelve

The Andersen Journals

There are numerous blogs and tumblr's as well.

More links and information:

http://knowyourmeme....mes/slender-man (the best overview IMHO)

http://theslenderman...iki/Slender_Man

http://slendernation.forumotion.com/

Hope that helps!

Edited by BeastieRunner
  • Like 1

Anybody have an alternate link where I can try out this Slender game? The one provided, which is the only one I can find, doesn't load correctly for me. Ever.

Nevermind, I found one. Little bit disappointed in the complete lack of story and the heavy reliance on the moment you turn around and see S-man himself. Also very frustrated with getting kicked off the game entirely every time you "die."

This was posted by fictional FBI report...

Date: 04/20/1995

Slender Man Encounter

Prior to Oklahoma City Bombing Incident, there been reported sightings of an entity dubbed as the Slender Man. This entity appears to target individuals who hold secrets, systemically stalking them and breaking their will to live before they disappear completely from existence. It was undetermined if they disappear on their free will or by hands of this entity known as Slender Man until it was interrupted in the middle of attacking an enforcement personal in a state park. The Slender Man retreated from view in the fog, leaving behind an barely alive victim it was feeding upon. Most disturbing feature of this encounter was the soulless eyes that didn't exhibit any signs of life upon the barely alive victim who died approximately at 2200 hours while being Medi-flight to Mercy Health Center located here in Oklahoma.

Deceased Subject Sample

Deceased subject showed signs of massive exsanguination by unknown toxins, presumably introduced by the entity to subject by small injects in the neck, which causes blood to bleed out of the victims eyes and ears. Even though the subject shows signs of an massive exsanguination, the lack of blood at initial site and in the victim suggests that the entity feeds on the blood of its victims. Because of this assessment, it has been suggested by numerous religious personals that it is because the victim's blood is tainted with secrets. Others suggest that the entity was biding its time, waiting for the Oklahoma City Bombing to happen so it may feed on the blood of the children. If this is true, the entity displays intelligence that is far beyond our understand. This would mean that it can predict events of mass massacre by individuals who executed the massacre or that even a more sinister motive, that it manipulate the individual into causing this event. If later is true then this would explain the cryptic writing left behind by the entity taunting and goading someone which sends a shiver down my spine, we must be dealing with an entity that doesn't obey our laws of physics and is the cause of every mass murder in recorded history.

This was posted by fictional FBI report...

Slender Man Encounter

Prior to Oklahoma City Bombing Incident, there been reported sightings of an entity dubbed as the Slender Man. This entity appears to target individuals who hold secrets, systemically stalking them and breaking their will to live before they disappear completely from existence. It was undetermined if they disappear on their free will or by hands of this entity known as Slender Man until it was interrupted in the middle of attacking an enforcement personal in a state park. The Slender Man retreated from view in the fog, leaving behind an barely alive victim it was feeding upon. Most disturbing feature of this encounter was the soulless eyes that didn't exhibit any signs of life upon the barely alive victim who died approximately at 2200 hours while being Medi-flight to Mercy Health Center located here in Oklahoma.

Deceased Subject Sample

Deceased subject showed signs of massive exsanguination by unknown toxins, presumably introduced by the entity to subject by small injects in the neck, which causes blood to bleed out of the victims eyes and ears. Even though the subject shows signs of an massive exsanguination, the lack of blood at initial site and in the victim suggests that the entity feeds on the blood of its victims. Because of this assessment, it has been suggested by numerous religious personals that it is because the victim's blood is tainted with secrets. Others suggest that the entity was biding its time, waiting for the Oklahoma City Bombing to happen so it may feed on the blood of the children. If this is true, the entity displays intelligence that is far beyond our understand. This would mean that it can predict events of mass massacre by individuals who executed the massacre or that even a more sinister motive, that it manipulate the individual into causing this event. If later is true then this would explain the cryptic writing left behind by the entity taunting and goading someone which sends a shiver down my spine, we must be dealing with an entity that doesn't obey our laws of physics and is the cause of every mass murder in recorded history.

From the above: "This entity appears to target individuals who hold secrets, systemically stalking them and breaking their will to live before they disappear completely from existence."

If they "disappear completely from existence," how do we know that their will to live was broken? Maybe they just went to Disney World and decided to stay.

And another thing: if these entities exsanguinate their victims, perhaps they aren't inter-dimensional beings at all. Maybe they're just well-dressed, basketball-playing vampires.

If they're going to do stuff like this, I wish they'd at least give it some internal logic. It was fun at first, but now it's starting to get silly.

Edited by lizzieboo

This thing is creepy as hell

• Like 1

Here you go:

The Slender Man is a constructed myth created at the Something Awful Forums in a thread entitled "Create Paranormal Images" in 2009. It has since transcended into a meme of sorts.

From http://marblehornets...om/slender-man:

Even though The Slender Man is fairly new in the media, people have already claimed sightings. He appears mostly at night, and most always peering out of wooded areas or near rivers. He has also been reported to peek inside left open windows and to walk out in front of lone motorists on long uninhabited roads. The Slender Man or men, have appeared everywhere from Japan, Norway, and America to name a growing few. He's even made it on Coast to Coast.

[media=]

[/media]

There has also been talk that Slender Man is a tulpa. A tulpa is a thoughtform, or being created from the collective thoughts of separate individuals. This comes from the belief in Tibetan Buddhism and Bon that a "being" may be created by a 'psychospiritual' complex of mind, energy or consciousness manifested either consciously or unconsciously, by a sentient being or in concert (wikipedia). Basically, the belief is that Slender Man is a manifestation of mental energy according this theory.

Another theory states that Slender Man is a physical being, not a thoughtform, whose existence and powers are in part reliant on physics and understood science. Since this explanation seeks a physical explanation and not a pseudo-scientific explanation, advocates of this "Quantum Theory" often believe that The Slender Man is a trans-dimensional or perhaps even a fourth dimensional being, capable of moving freely through space-time. Other versions suggest that the Slender Man is a Schrodinger's Cat of sorts, capable of both existing and not existing anywhere in space-time, and choosing to exist where needed.

A third theory asserts that the game creators (which I'll be touching on later) created the tulpa to exist in-game. This is called "Core Theory" and is constantly being tweaked over at Slender Nation. You can read more about it here.

Marble Hornets is an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) based upon the Slender Man mythos. It was the first Slender Man ARG to be created, and set the trend for those that followed, as well as bringing Slender Man to a wider audience. From Slender Man wiki:

Link to get you started watching:

https://www.youtube....UI&feature=plcp

Twitter feed for when you catch up:

https://twitter.com/marblehornets

There are also other ARGs out there, here is a partial list of Vlogs:

EverymanHYBRID

TribeTwelve

The Andersen Journals

There are numerous blogs and tumblr's as well.

More links and information:

http://knowyourmeme....mes/slender-man (the best overview IMHO)

http://theslenderman...iki/Slender_Man

http://slendernation.forumotion.com/

Hope that helps!

Hey thanks for those links! I had never heard of the Andersen Journals before this and they're pretty good.

60.5: The Documents

[media=]

[/media]

"I might have made it worse."

Ya don't say.

• Like 1

418642_508825252467325_1303013431_n.jpg

Anyone else played this Zombie MMO? Just noticed this on the respawn screen lol maybe Slendy has something to do with the Zombie Apocalypse :P

From the twitter account:

20h Marble Hornets Marble Hornets ‏@marblehornets  x pic.twitter.com/r7fDVFOQ View photo	  

13 Jul Marble Hornets Marble Hornets ‏@marblehornets  @DoktorAgon Yeah, a few things. 

13 Jul Marble Hornets Marble Hornets ‏@marblehornets  Changing my location because I'm getting paranoid again. Posting Entry #60.5 tomorrow afternoon.

PIC: AzFjuSvCQAACf3K.jpg

Figure in Alex's window.

New TTA, from the twitter feed. The hijack continues:

waitingon

you

Holy cow ... straight and to the point. Basically the other half/part of TTA is waiting for Tim to fully break out into Masky. Maybe a veiled suicide attempt but this shot of Tim in all his masked glory, confirms more than ever that he is not TTA and that Tim is crazy. Perhaps he's relapsed. Also, if we needed more proof that right now Hoody is TTA. But it could be a "Fight Club" turn for Jay.

picture1778.png

Hidden operator symbol:

524374_10101683046128998_1779529159_n.jpg

From the twitter feed:

3h Marble Hornets Marble Hornets ‏@marblehornets  do you hear thunder

Looks like TTA is still posting or perhaps maybe even Jay is TTA. Regradless, the Twitter events always lead up to a surprise.