Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Slender Man is upon us

Tokemus

Slender Man was invented in 2009, so I think it's time for a new internet myth.

How about Considerable Man?

He dresses all in black, because it is slimming.

He has a fat face, fat body, fat limbs, and he chases you for a very short time.

Edited by acute alan
  • Like 1

Slender Man was invented in 2009, so I think it's time for a new internet myth.

How about Considerable Man?

He dresses all in black, because it is slimming.

He has a fat face, fat body, fat limbs, and he chases you for a very short time.

So, Slenderman with obesity?

So, Slenderman with obesity?

LOL not very imaginative :w00t:

LOL not very imaginative :w00t:

Hey! Imaginative or not, at least I know I'd never die at the hands of the 'Considerable Man' because he only chases people for a short time before running out of breath.

• Like 1

A 0.5 entry:

[media=]

[/media]

Where are you getting all of these?

:blink: What is this guy makes these videos for Youtube, or a blog of some sort?

What if, man...

:blink: What is this guy makes these videos for Youtube, or a blog of some sort?

What if, man...

LOL what if....

LOL what if....

Damn it... I didn't catch that.

Thanks. lol

Damn it... I didn't catch that.

Thanks. lol

If anything hes keeping the myth alive lol

What if, man...

Note mine. There's many posts in the thread explaining what is going on here. Feel free to actually read some posts in the thread and you'll get some good information. Below will answer your questions:

Here you go:

The Slender Man is a constructed myth created at the Something Awful Forums in a thread entitled "Create Paranormal Images" in 2009. It has since transcended into a meme of sorts.

From http://marblehornets...om/slender-man:

Even though The Slender Man is fairly new in the media, people have already claimed sightings. He appears mostly at night, and most always peering out of wooded areas or near rivers. He has also been reported to peek inside left open windows and to walk out in front of lone motorists on long uninhabited roads. The Slender Man or men, have appeared everywhere from Japan, Norway, and America to name a growing few. He's even made it on Coast to Coast.

There has also been talk that Slender Man is a tulpa. A tulpa is a thoughtform, or being created from the collective thoughts of separate individuals. This comes from the belief in Tibetan Buddhism and Bon that a "being" may be created by a 'psychospiritual' complex of mind, energy or consciousness manifested either consciously or unconsciously, by a sentient being or in concert (wikipedia). Basically, the belief is that Slender Man is a manifestation of mental energy according this theory.

Another theory states that Slender Man is a physical being, not a thoughtform, whose existence and powers are in part reliant on physics and understood science. Since this explanation seeks a physical explanation and not a pseudo-scientific explanation, advocates of this "Quantum Theory" often believe that The Slender Man is a trans-dimensional or perhaps even a fourth dimensional being, capable of moving freely through space-time. Other versions suggest that the Slender Man is a Schrodinger's Cat of sorts, capable of both existing and not existing anywhere in space-time, and choosing to exist where needed.

A third theory asserts that the game creators (which I'll be touching on later) created the tulpa to exist in-game. This is called "Core Theory" and is constantly being tweaked over at Slender Nation. You can read more about it here.

Marble Hornets is an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) based upon the Slender Man mythos. It was the first Slender Man ARG to be created, and set the trend for those that followed, as well as bringing Slender Man to a wider audience. From Slender Man wiki:

Link to get you started watching:

https://www.youtube....UI&feature=plcp

Twitter feed for when you catch up:

https://twitter.com/marblehornets

There are also other ARGs out there, here is a partial list of Vlogs:

EverymanHYBRID

TribeTwelve

The Andersen Journals

There are numerous blogs and tumblr's as well.

More links and information:

http://knowyourmeme....mes/slender-man (the best overview IMHO)

http://theslenderman...iki/Slender_Man

http://slendernation.forumotion.com/

Hope that helps!

Here's the link to the post with all the cool quotes and pictures intact:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157598&st=1050#entry4367572

Hope that helps!

Edited by BeastieRunner

Okay, so Marble Hornets is completely fake. The guys who made it were interviewed by a radio station and those interviews are on YouTube. Whether or not Slender Man is real is debatable, however, Marble Hornets is not. "Alex" and the main dude (I have forgotten his name-- terrible actor by the way) have been interviewed at the same time and they described how people found out it was fake and started adding them on Facebook and such.

I wanna see considerable man, blast it, I wanna challenge him to a race. (I must be really bored making a post like this...)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nathan DiYorio

Okay, so Marble Hornets is completely fake. The guys who made it were interviewed by a radio station and those interviews are on YouTube. Whether or not Slender Man is real is debatable, however, Marble Hornets is not. "Alex" and the main dude (I have forgotten his name-- terrible actor by the way) have been interviewed at the same time and they described how people found out it was fake and started adding them on Facebook and such.

Marble Hornets has been known as a work of fiction for a long time now.

Marble Hornets has been known as a work of fiction for a long time now.

We seem to cover this once per page.

• 2 weeks later...

Whether or not Slender Man is real is debatable, however, Marble Hornets is not.

The reality of slender man is not debatable. He is a fictional creation that first appeared on the something awful forums. You should check out the first post of this thread.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

user_off.png Tokemus

Alien Embryo

• photo-75045.jpg?_r=0
  • bullet_black.png
  • 124 posts

• Insanity's Asylum

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

Slender Man just recently appeared on the net. For those of you that haven't heard of it, the whole thing started on somethingawful forums (
Slender Man starts on Victor Surge's post and continues on to the last page) and has grabbed the attention of numerous people. Just last month this man (
) posted a mini-series of Slender Man. Even though they're made by an amateur, they catch that creepy feeling that Slender Man offers. The whole thing seems to prey on your primordial fears. The very embodiment of what terrified you as a child, yet seemingly so normal it almost seems like it could be real. Read the entire thread in the somethingawful link, watch the videos by MH, and discuss. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found the next big thing in horror.

sorry for copyin lol

reminds me of 'IT'.preyin on your fears etc..

anyway, my boys find it funny.

Skinny guys are just creepier. Check out the "judder man".

the judder man is awesome >'.'< (scares me) but is awesome lol