Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama hopes to persuade all Americans

Karlis

Reposted. He's pushing for tolerance, not for everyone to be homosexual.

The Conservative homophobes are the ones who want to change people's behavior in the bedroom. Gays simply want equal rights. Why can't conservatives just leave gays alone? If you don't like them, ignore them. The fact that their personal behavior doesn't appeal to you doesn't give you the right to penalize their behavior by denying them options that are available to you. [shudder] What's with you people?

The neocon handbook says that all gays are liberals, didn't you know that?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TRUEYOUTRUEME

• momentarylapseofreason

• The Silver Thong

• Drego

Can't we just round them all up, and put them on an island, then name the island "Annoyingly Flamboyant" or something. LOL, I'm just kidding, I really couldn't care one way or another what happens.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

*pats head

That's right, Michelle, in 21 years I never once left the few acres I grew up on. Never once went to another county, let alone another city or state. So, no, I have no perspective at all other than one small place.

Such literalism must make reading fiction a real b**** for you. Does it make you mad fictional places aren't real?

--Jaylemurph

I have no problem reading fiction...I do read your posts.

You may have the last insulting, egotistical word now, as is your style... :sleepy:

Edited by Michelle

Reposted. He's pushing for tolerance, not for everyone to be homosexual.

The Conservative homophobes are the ones who want to change people's behavior in the bedroom. Gays simply want equal rights. Why can't conservatives just leave gays alone? If you don't like them, ignore them. The fact that their personal behavior doesn't appeal to you doesn't give you the right to penalize their behavior by denying them options that are available to you. [shudder] What's with you people?

No, I hear Obama is going to be starting a 6 weeks boot camp called get your heels on. It will be maditory and the course will include how to talk how to walk and how to make love like a homosexual. At the age of 18 this course will be manditory for all male and females alike. Obama says this manditory course will open all sorts of new opportunities for people in the U.S. The course is free of charge and possible tax deductions for those that excell in the course.

Yup this is the new Obama :rofl:

I have no problem reading fiction...I do read your posts.

You may have the last insulting, egotistical word now, as is your style... :sleepy:

Hey, I only give back what I get, Michelle.

--Jaylemurph

Hey, I only give back what I get, Michelle.

--Jaylemurph

Where exactly did I insult you????

Wow.

All Obama is asking is that the American people accept the fact that gays are a full part of our society.

FFS - he's not asking everyone to participate in homosexual sex acts.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

Michelle and jaylemurph, you two want to get a room, or something? :tu:

:w00t: that won't happen :no: One is steight and one is not ;) I say get the big puffy boxing glove's LOL

:w00t: that won't happen :no: One is steight and one is not ;) I say get the big puffy boxing glove's LOL

LOL, I'm thinking lets throw in some mud, beer, and bikinis, meet u there? :w00t:

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

Yeah, and he's the one with something up his butt... :D

Yeah, and he's the one with something up his butt... :D

Hold on a second here. Jaylemurph is a man? I could hardly tell. If that's the case, Michelle wears the bikini!

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

I was wondering where his head went...

Exactly... :lol:

its fairly impressive to see how when at last USA gets a decent modern and tolerant president everyone jumps in to critisice him.

The land of freedom HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

its fairly impressive to see how when at last USA gets a decent modern and tolerant president everyone jumps in to critisice him.

The land of freedom HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

We can freely criticize. :rolleyes:

Hold on a second here. Jaylemurph is a man? I could hardly tell. If that's the case, Michelle wears the bikini!

I just got a new one.. ;)

I think this topic has been totally derailed.

I have no doubt that there are some places in the South that do have that attitude, but you will find places in Michigan, Washington or Montana that are the same. I've heard, from reliable sources, that Washington has one of the largest KKK memberships in the US. I see very few signs of them in the vast areas of the South that I regularly spend large amounts of time.

My favorite nephew is gay and we've talked about this extensively. He's lived in New York and says even though there is a larger gay community he felt more threatened on a day to day basis than he does here. That's one of the reasons he moved back.

Society as a whole, regardless what part of the country. That's what needs to be worked on... the whole, not just one area.

And oddly, i've been in WA for 10 years and not seen one stitch of the KKK.. *shrugs*

Society as a whole, regardless what part of the country. That's what needs to be worked on... the whole, not just one area.

And oddly, i've been in WA for 10 years and not seen one stitch of the KKK.. *shrugs*

I agree, no one area or country is above reproach.

The information about the KKK I got from MissMellsWell.

I agree, no one area or country is above reproach.

The information about the KKK I got from MissMellsWell.

Cali's no vote on Prop 8 should have been the clue in that it's not just the bible belt. Even the most "liberal" and "progressive" states still have huge numbers of people who for whatever reason fear/hate homosexuality.

I'm not saying there arn't KKK members here. Just in the long time I've been here, I've not seen any activity from them. So either they're just mellowing out or they're not as blatent as what people think when they hear KKK. *shrugs* I don't doubt MissMells in the slightest.

I just got a new one.. ;)

I think this topic has been totally derailed.

Now it has me and Spider wanting photo's of said bikini LOL

Edited by The Silver Thong

its not that people fear or hate homosexuality. we just dont advocate it.

i dont think he has to persuade anyone, people just have to make their minds that we currently live in the year 2009 and we have created societies which tolerate mostly all kinds of thinking. We can always go back to kill muslims, burn black people and kill everyone who doesnt think like us, but i guess we dont want that back.

Here in spain we have voted and won on this subject and i dont feel more or less gay than before, neither my girlfriend does. We just let everyone do whatever they wanna do while they dont hurt other people, everyone is free to choose and everything goes pretty fine around here.

its not that people fear or hate homosexuality. we just dont advocate it.

I don't believe you at all..... as if that was the case it wouldn't be an issue now would it. How has a total strangers sexuality hurt or influenced you in anyway? You are free to not like it but than again it's free for me to not like what you stand for as well. Stay out of the gay communities affairs as I'm sure they could care less about yours. You don't advocate it but you sure speak out about it.

I don't believe you at all..... as if that was the case it wouldn't be an issue now would it. How has a total strangers sexuality hurt or influenced you in anyway? You are free to not like it but than again it's free for me to not like what you stand for as well. Stay out of the gay communities affairs as I'm sure they could care less about yours. You don't advocate it but you sure speak out about it.

Are you suggesting not to vote against things you don't like? That is weird. So if you don't like guns, then too bad, don't do anything about it. If you don't like drunks wandering around or taggers spraying grafitti on everything, too bad don't do anything about it. Huh? They are not hurting anyone are they?

It is everyones right to vote against things they don't like.

The problem is that the gay communitys issues are not private, they are public. And thus the problem of the entire voting population. They need to convince people that they should have this society wide change, and society says, mostly, No. Too bad, try again. Raise more money and hire more lobbyists.

Because it's your place to decide what other people do with their lives...yep. Makes sense. It's essentially the same as not advocating vanilla ice cream because you don't like it or something.

Everyone is controlled to a degree we just do not openly see. Your credit score affects lots of what you can and can't do. Even if you had the income, you can be denighed a home morgage or car loan because of your credit history.

Just because you think that this one thing is Ok, does not mean that you are right and the people who don't are wrong. That is the height of ignorance.

If there was a state wide vote to ban vanilla and 51% voted for it, then that is the law. Just because 10% of the people think vanilla ice cream is the Best, does not mean that it should be un-banned.