Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Girls of Elfrida

MongoMagnificent

On July 8, 1991, Stokley and Randy Brazeal kidnapped two 13-year-old girls near Elfrida in Cochise County and took them to a remote area, where they raped them. Fearing the consequences, they agreed to kill the girls, and each man strangled one of the girls. To ensure that the victims were dead, Stokley repeatedly stomped on them, and stabbed each of them in the right eye. Stokley and Brazeal then threw the bodies down a water-filled mine shaft.

A lot of people around the southern Arizona area believe the two men murdered these girls as sacrifices to the one-eyed sun god - Mog Ruith - Seeing is how they took both girls right eyes and a few days later there was a total solar eclipse on the 11th, total solar eclipses are often refered to as The Eye of God.

Where the girls were found, a few feet over is now a memorial to them. It's often said though that those two poor little girls still haunt the area to this day. People often hear crying, screaming, and moaning from the water well and around where the monument is.

On July 8, 1991, Stokley and Randy Brazeal kidnapped two 13-year-old girls near Elfrida in Cochise County and took them to a remote area, where they raped them. Fearing the consequences, they agreed to kill the girls, and each man strangled one of the girls. To ensure that the victims were dead, Stokley repeatedly stomped on them, and stabbed each of them in the right eye. Stokley and Brazeal then threw the bodies down a water-filled mine shaft.

A lot of people around the southern Arizona area believe the two men murdered these girls as sacrifices to the one-eyed sun god - Mog Ruith - Seeing is how they took both girls right eyes and a few days later there was a total solar eclipse on the 11th, total solar eclipses are often refered to as The Eye of God.

Where the girls were found, a few feet over is now a memorial to them. It's often said though that those two poor little girls still haunt the area to this day. People often hear crying, screaming, and moaning from the water well and around where the monument is.

Wow I had never heard of this at all. How terrible what happend to those poor girls.

• 9 years later...

Hello, I remember this story. Actually its not a story its a true event. I knew both the girls and their families. a matter of fact thats how the 2 men got caught was that one of them that they call bigfoot actually stomped on their heads and the left a shoe print that matched right away.  I never heard of the girls still haunting this area that is pretty interesting i do have to say so my self.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 1:53 PM, native arizonian said:

Hello, I remember this story. Actually its not a story its a true event. I knew both the girls and their families. a matter of fact thats how the 2 men got caught was that one of them that they call bigfoot actually stomped on their heads and the left a shoe print that matched right away.  I never heard of the girls still haunting this area that is pretty interesting i do have to say so my self.

Proof?

On 5/21/2019 at 4:35 PM, Princess Serenity said:

Proof?

I had a friend check the NCIC report. They're telling the truth.

The OP's story about the "sacrifice to a god" isn't though. They were just a couple of sickos. 

On 7/6/2009 at 4:26 PM, MongoMagnificent said:

Creepy to say the least....Got chills reading that....

Such cruelty. Characteristic of human beings, those who seem to be humans at least. 

• Thanks 1