Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Professor Buzzkill

Weird happenings- dreams coming real?

Professor Buzzkill

Well, you may think im going crazy but here goes... last week i had the flu (maybe even swine flu) and i was off work all week. On sunday last week i woke up and remembered a dream i had been having. I was at my grandad's funeral and i was crying... but in my arms was a baby (dressed in black) and i felt a connection to it. Now as a background to this my grandad is not dead and i have no children.

However this week i found out my girlfriend might be pregnant (havent had the test yet, although she is sure already) and my grandad collapsed in his rest home with a possible mini-stroke (he is fine now physically although he suffers from alzheimer's). Could this be a true prediction?? Will my grandad die when i have a child?? if this comes to pass will it be paranormal or just a massive coincidence?? And can i claim the millions offered for a real paranormal phemonenom if i make a prediction (albeit a morbid one) that comes true. Any opinions will be welcomed.

CanYouSeeIt?
Well, you may think im going crazy but here goes... last week i had the flu (maybe even swine flu) and i was off work all week. On sunday last week i woke up and remembered a dream i had been having. I was at my grandad's funeral and i was crying... but in my arms was a baby (dressed in black) and i felt a connection to it. Now as a background to this my grandad is not dead and i have no children.

However this week i found out my girlfriend might be pregnant (havent had the test yet, although she is sure already) and my grandad collapsed in his rest home with a possible mini-stroke (he is fine now physically although he suffers from alzheimer's). Could this be a true prediction?? Will my grandad die when i have a child?? if this comes to pass will it be paranormal or just a massive coincidence?? And can i claim the millions offered for a real paranormal phemonenom if i make a prediction (albeit a morbid one) that comes true. Any opinions will be welcomed.

That may be a coincidence, however if you have had this dream repeatedly, as most people who "accidentally" predict the future do, you may want to stay in very close contact with your grandpa. Alot of the time you will fine that you will have one dream repeatedly and then it will happen. I imagine this kind of occurance has happened to you before...

That may be a coincidence, however if you have had this dream repeatedly, as most people who "accidentally" predict the future do, you may want to stay in very close contact with your grandpa. Alot of the time you will fine that you will have one dream repeatedly and then it will happen. I imagine this kind of occurance has happened to you before...

Professor Buzzkill

Welcome to UM!! No this hasn't happend to me before as far as i can remember. And to be honest i kinda forgot about the dream until my grandad collapsed and then my g/f told me she thinks shes pregnant. I havent had the dream again (yet) and at the time i had the origional dream i was very sick (hot and cold sweats and vomiting). Has anything like this happend to you??

dance_of_death

Nothing like this has ever happened to me but my friend has had some wierd things in her dreams come true. Normally she would have the same dreams for like a week or so and then whatever happened in the dream would happen.

Hooligan86

I could see how that dream and how the events after wards can seem kind of scary. But, don't look too deep into it yet, just enjoy the time you have with your Grandpa, maybe it's just a sign you need to spend more time with him :)

I have had dreams before that have come true waaaay later. For example, I had a dream I worked at a blockbuster when I was about 12 or 13. I grew up in California and had moved to Louisiana with my now Husband when I was 18. I got a job at a blockbuster and one day when I was working, I moved this screen on the cash register a certain way and remember that I had a dream about this exact blockbuster. Could be Deja Vu, Idk.

Professor Buzzkill

Thanks for the replies everyone. I really do hope it was just a coincidence but my emotions were/are still quite high over the fact that im gonna be a dad now. I do wish i could spend more time with my grandad too, but the problem is now that he barely remembers who i am. Its hard for me but as long as grandad is happy is all i care about.

Hooligan, thats strange that a dream came true after 5 or 6 years and you remembered it! wow!

super.superstitious

that used to happen to me all the time when i was a little bit younger. it still happens to me now, just not as much. i wouldn't worry about it. not every dream i used to have came true so i kind of brushed off every one until it became true, then i was like well alright, cool ... but yeah, don't stress over possibly losing your grandad. he's alive now. :tu: oh and millions? i doubt itt. sorry sweetie, there's a whole lotta skeptics out there.

saoc

It was probably already on your mind subconsciously; that's why you dreamt of it. I sometimes dream of things I have to do the next day and it seems so real that I could've sworn I already did them. Don't worry about it.

Professor Buzzkill

Hello All,

It took a while to find this thread, but i have an update.

My grandad died on Saturday and the funeral is tomorrow. I have an 18 month old boy (James). I have a feeling that James is going to be in my arms when i speak tomorrow as he has an attachment to me (as i work long hours, and only really get to see/play with him durring the weekends). I think its going to play out as it did in my dream, with me crying in front of a room full of people while holding James.

My grandad and I had a very strong connection when I was younger. I used to go to his house everyday after school until I was about 13. I still feel guilty about how I abruptly stopped going around to his house when I was too "cool" (teenage) to continue the tradition.

I haven't had any "prediction" dreams since then either.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

abitofnite

Hello All,

It took a while to find this thread, but i have an update.

My grandad died on Saturday and the funeral is tomorrow. I have an 18 month old boy (James). I have a feeling that James is going to be in my arms when i speak tomorrow as he has an attachment to me (as i work long hours, and only really get to see/play with him durring the weekends). I think its going to play out as it did in my dream, with me crying in front of a room full of people while holding James.

My grandad and I had a very strong connection when I was younger. I used to go to his house everyday after school until I was about 13. I still feel guilty about how I abruptly stopped going around to his house when I was too "cool" (teenage) to continue the tradition.

I haven't had any "prediction" dreams since then either.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

sorry for your loss----congratulations on the birth of your son

Edited by abitofnite

TheBanana

ive had dreams that predict the future in the past. mine are incredibly accurate sometimes-one that really sticks out for me is dreaming about discovering a friend who i lost contact with was posting on another forum i was on. she wrote in purple (which is her favourite colour) and we went to watch fireworks together. on 6th november 2009 (the day after bonfire night over here in the uk) i logged onto a forum i post on, taking a break from helping my mum and neighbours build a bonfire cause it rained the day before and we couldnt do one then, and went into the chat room, one of the people who was in there was a new member i had only talked to a few times. we got talking and discovered we knew eachother before-she was the friend i dreamed about!

lostinthecrowd

I had the most real dream of me being at my dads house and getting a call my mother had died from a heart attack. Never went to his house again until he moved. She's still alive and kicking.

Ashotep

There are some people that have premonitions wide awake and others have them through dreams.

Lycanthropyst

before you had that dream you were mad at yourself about not going to your grandads house and you also probably subconciously(didnt spell that right i know) thought that you're gf might be pregnant so your brain didnt predict the future but calculated what would happen in a way, i know i didnt explain this very well but its all i could think of. i used to have deja vu all the time when i was younger and sometimes it felt like the same thing happened to me twice like i go to the shop and everything goes the same way as before and sometimes i tried to alter the outcome but i always realized that i couldnt. if i have another deja vu i definitely need to look into it a bit more