Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You Are a Suspect!!!!

Mr-X

Every purchase you make with a credit card, every magazine subscription you buy and medical prescription you fill, every Web site you visit and e-mail you send or receive, every academic grade you receive, every bank deposit you make, every trip you book and every event you attend — all these transactions and communications will go into what the Defense Department describes as "a virtual, centralized grand database."

Click Here

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Kismit

• Mr-X

• Bizarro

Top Posters In This Topic

In the North Island of Newzealand there is what they call a spy center . It records everey phone call and sattelite transmission that goes through Newzealand . This is all aparently done for the American Government similar to Pine gap in Australia I belive . The New Zealand Government was paid a significant amount of money a few decades ago to sustain this facility . The news of it's existence was quite a sensation here about 3 years ago . The Kiwi Government has admitted to it and several attempts have been made to shut it down but the government now claims to have no power to stop the facility from collecting it's data .

A very scary thing when you think about it , I supose this message must be being collectd at this very moment. :s6

Very scary Kismit,

to think that your own little life in which you are in charge of at best of times is actually monitored 24/7, no privacy what so ever :s4 that gives me the creeps :!:

It's the price we pay for fast and effective comunication Mr .X.

It is just unfortunate that governments are allowed to watch our every move and at the same time keep secrets from the people who elect them.

You could allways try comunicating via carrier pidgeon atleast that would have better odds of not being intercepted by somebody else . :roll:

my government scares me now.

just a few things i worry about:

1. republican dominated branches of power- any conservative/repressive law is guaranteed passage even if there is opposition by democrats.

2. talk of resuming nuclear tests

3. the trend toward individual rights being trampled

4. the amount of religion in government that is not being checked- im religious but i don't think religion has any place in government at all.

5. fear mongering- im not afraid of Iraq or terrorists. why is the government constantly hyping threats? hmm.

6. trend toward unfair elections. in Alabama we still don't have a governor weeks after the election. there is talk of recounts and jerry rigging when 3000 critical votes appeared from nowhere in a republican county at 2am the night of the election (after 3 previous recounts, mind you). now both candidates are involved in court cases and republican sheriffs are seizing ballots that democratic judges demanded be recounted under the law. hmm. Click here

7. the economy.

8. being outnumbered by old people has always scared me. they are running the country and they become more and more conservative by the day.

DSchwartz,

"any conservative/repressive law is guaranteed passage even if there is opposition by democrats." Democrats are more prone to add additional new laws. Republicans are more inclined to enforce existing laws.

"the trend toward individual rights being trampled" I understand your fear, but the trend toward restricting some rights is due to the new threat we face. Right or wrong, you can at least understand the reasons.

"why is the government constantly hyping threats?" We were caught completely off gaurd by 9/11, and although these new alerts probably won't make us any safer, imagine the political fallout if another attack happened and it somehow got out the government knew there was a threat.

"trend toward unfair elections" Unfair elections have been around since elections have been around. It is not based on a political party since they all do it. Look how the Democrats screwed up the Presidential election in 2000. This is not to say the Democrats are the bad guys, but that both political parties are corrupt.

"the economy" The U.S. government has almost nothing to do with the economy aside from giving speaches to try to reassure businesses. Economic initiatives are enacted by the legislative and executive branches, but neither have any real power in economic affairs.

"being outnumbered by old people has always scared me. they are running the country and they become more and more conservative by the day" :s9

if youre going to respond to my fears, Homer, at least try to make some sense. do you live in the US or what? how can you not notice that Bush has run up the national debt creating new agencies to enforce a host of new laws since 9/11? don't give me that democrats are more prone BS... i guarantee a democrat would never steal a person's right to privacy. funny, the republicans make like the liberals are out to tax and spend while taking away your rights... seems to me like the republicans have damn near put us back into debt through their spending and tax cuts and are now giving the nazis a run for their money in taking away a citizen's rights to privacy.

and as to the democrats screwing up the election of 2000... i really don't see the democrats as being the problem. after all, Bush lost the popular vote and had to be installed president by supreme court cronies. i see the republicans as corrupt. i still don't like Bush because he snorted cocaine- yet this issue has never been brought up nearly as much as Clinton's "i did not inhale" pot smoking. i saw a bumper sticker i really liked the other day, "Bush was born with a silver spoon up his nose". haha, i love it.

btw, when i say i fear the economy, i did not mean government dealings in the economy but rather just a bad economy vs. a good one.

DShwartz,

I'm not a republican or a democrat, so I benefit from seeing things with no bias. You are a die hard democrat who obviously is still fuming over the loss of the presidential election, which whom Al Gore lost because he lacked votes. After three recounts and no change in status, the Supreme Court ordered no further recounts. Even after Bush was already in office there were several other recounts from various independant sources(republican, democratic and independant), all of which had the same result: Bush had more votes, Bush wins the election. Get over it. :s2

i saw this show a few months ago which was about something like this. The network is called Echelon, which the NSA, Pine Gap etc are part of and on the show they has these 2 scientists create a small satelite dish and pointed it at the same position as one of the huge satelites from pine gap and they intercepted about 100 phone calls just from that little satelite. They said that if you use the word 'terrorist', 'bomb' etc it altomatically gets recorded by Echelon for analysis (remind you of 'Enemy of the State'?) and once this group tried to crash the Echelon supercomputer by sending out millions of email with the words 'terrorist'. The computer was sooo smart that it reprogrammed itself so it wouldn't crash!!!!! :s4

why am i a die hard democrat? i never said i was a democrat, i didnt even vote for Gore or for that matter Clinton. im impartial, but i am starting to see the republicans as extremists.

• 1 month later...

Homer writes the following when commenting on Dr Schwartz posting:

-"why is the government constantly hyping threats?" We were caught completely off gaurd by 9/11, and although these new alerts probably won't make us any safer, imagine the political fallout if another attack happened and it somehow got out the government knew there was a threat. -

My question here is? Were the US government caught completely off guard? Maybe the government had warnings but felt secure in the knowledge that present security measures were up to scratch or just ignored the warning out of hand. After all, governments receive such threats on a daily basis and they must have some sort of criteria to sort the "chaff from the wheat" so to speak. The Australian government recently got into trouble with its citizens after a nightclub bombing in Bali, warning of which was received but ignored by the government. Several Australians died in the blast, something which could have been averted if a warning was sent out. However, the Australian government didn't beleive the warning and so didn't propagate it.

On a more sinister basis the 9/11 disaster/travesty has proved to be, unfortunately, a fantastic political tool for the US President in launching his "war on terrorism". Especially given the US economic decline, spending on arms and war servers the dual purpose of boosting the economy somewhat and taking the population's mind off the state of the nation. War has also been known in the past to boost the popularity of the successful conqueror!

Maybe I'm just cynical. All I'm saying is that we don't know for sure whether or not a warning was received for 9/11 and if so whether or not it was just dismissed or ignored on purpose.

Cheers,

Electro.

Electro,

You have a good point, and one that has been discussed in various media outlets all over the world since 9/11. Although I mentioned “We were caught completely off gaurd by 9/11”, my comment to DSchwartz was primarily a reply to a question asking why the U.S. hypes threats. The threats in question are those by terrorists or rogue regimes(Dschwartz mentioned Iraq) since 9/11. My response was accurate and your example of Australia’s situation proves it.

These warnings may or may not save anyone or prevent any disaster. But if a disaster did occur and credible known threats were not released to the public, the political fallout would spell political doom for those in charge. In regards to whether or not the U.S. government had prior knowledge of the 9/11 attacks, I believe they knew there was a threat, and perhaps even an imminent threat. But the time, place and method was unknown. This is my understanding anyway, and without further information to go on, I will leave it at that.

Edited by Homer