Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spots return to the Sun

UM-Bot

Image credit: NASA/ESA
Image credit: NASA/ESA
After a long period of sunspot drought the Sun has finally picked up again with a new group of sunspots appearing over the weekend heralding an increase in solar flare activity.

"After one of the longest sunspot droughts in modern times, solar activity picked up quickly over the weekend. A new group of sunspots developed, and while not dramatic by historic standards, the spots were the most significant in many months."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Space.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• jesspy

• Jaygatz

• monicatrickey

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know this all almost makes sense to some degree. 2012 End of the world stuff. Sure it may be moderate and may not do much damage but everything points to the SUN. Was recently watching on the History channel doomsday 2012. All the predictions and such all point at the sun. I think that this just may be the thing that changes everything..... If im wrong then Im wrong. Whats the worst that could happen LOL

I live in Anchorage Alaska. Yesterday it was 93 degrees here, I suppose solar activity could explain this.

I live in canberra Australia we have had one or maybe the mildest winters so far. but then we still have a month and a bit of winter left so it might get cold. But ithink its all sun related