Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fortean author John Keel dies aged 79

UM-Bot

Image credit: John Keel
Image credit: John Keel
Noted journalist, writer and author of The Mothman Prophecies John Keel has died aged 79 from heart failure. Keel was one of the most respected and well known journalists and authors in the field of unexplained phenomena.

"He was born Alva John Kiehle in upstate New York on March 25, 1930. He published his first story at age 12 in a magicians magazine. He became a scriptwriter for radio and television and a newspaper journalist. His first book Jadoo in 1957 was about black magic in the Orient."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: UFO Digest

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Cradle of Fish

• Ashyne

• Queen in the North

OMG THATS SO SAD.

I had just bought his novel The Mothman Prophecies a week ago and finished reading it yesterday. There are a few questions I thought I wanted to ask him, but then I find out that he died today!

His heart failed and it Keeled him.

His heart failed and it Keeled him.

Respect is not your department.

And of course, what will remain in the front page news for a month? Michael Jackson.

And this man is swept into obscurity by the mainstream media.

R.I.P. John A. Keel

Im very disappointed to learn of this great man's death, though his passing will only be remembered by those who dare to question and research into our understanding of our own reality. The funny thing is, although the media would dismiss Keel and his work as unbelievable, nutty ravings, Michael Jackson was obviously more crazy than Keel ever was

• 2 weeks later...
Im very disappointed to learn of this great man's death, though his passing will only be remembered by those who dare to question and research into our understanding of our own reality. The funny thing is, although the media would dismiss Keel and his work as unbelievable, nutty ravings, Michael Jackson was obviously more crazy than Keel ever was

The same happen to Charles Fort. All those who dare question perceptions are meant to remain obscure.