Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
vukxfiles

Rowley Regis martians

vukxfiles
On January 4 1979, Rowley Regis housewife Jean Hingley was unexpectedly visited by a trio of bizarre elfin entities. They not only engaged her in lengthy conversation but also partook of some seasonal refreshments before departing. Rarely has high strangeness taken quite such a festive turn

The strange events began at 6am that morning. Mrs Hingley had just waved her husband off to work when she saw a bright orange sphere materialise above the garage. As she stood in the kitchen watching it, her Alsatian promptly fainted. Then three bizarre humanoids flew past her into the house with a buzzing "zee zee zee" sound.

The creatures were three-and-a-half feet tall and sported translucent butterfly-shaped wings covered in glittering spots. They had white faces with large dark eyes and tiny slit-like mouths. Each wore a silver tunic and a transparent helmet topped by a light.

Mrs Hingley found herself floating through the air into the lounge. She discovered the entities gathered around the Christmas tree, which they were shaking vigorously. "Nice? Nice?" they chorused at her. She yelled at them to stop, and they fluttered over to the couch and sat bouncing up and down like excited children.

The baffled housewife asked the creatures where they were from. "The sky," they replied, speaking in unison with gruff voices that seemed to originate from outside their bodies.

Thinking she might be entertaining angels unawares, Hingley (a devout Christian) pointed to a picture of Christ on the wall and asked her visitors if they had been sent by God. "We know all about Jesus," they answered. "We came down here to talk to people, but they don't seem to be interested!"

The entities began to fly around the room, picking up objects and examining them closely. "I think they had magnets in their hands, because they kept lifting things that they touched," Hingley told investigators. Both the radio and TV stopped working after the beings' visit, and some cassettes they had handled were found wiped blank.

Not forgetting her manners, Hingley offered each of her guests a glass of water and a mince pie. They drank the water happily enough but seemed unable to fit the pies into their tiny mouths.

When she quizzed them further about their origins, they shot painful laser beams at her from their helmets. (She was left with a red scar on her forehead for months afterwards.)

The entities finally left after Hingley inadvertently frightened them by lighting a cigarette. They "glided themselves out" into the orange sphere, still clutching their mince pies, and were gone in a flash.

Hingley phoned the local police station to report the bizarre incident. She felt completely drained of strength and experienced some temporary discomfort in her eyes and ears. A doctor who examined her ordered her to take two weeks off work to recover. Nevertheless, she reported that the encounter had left her feeling "warm and happy - as though I had been blessed".

Two days after the visitation, the Christmas tree that had so delighted the entities disappeared from the living room. It later reappeared - torn to pieces and minus its ornaments - on the lawn. The ornaments were gradually returned over the following days.

supervike

Aren't there any good UFO encounters from this decade?

Hell, from this century?

vukxfiles

Who cares about good ones, I'm introducing you to the weirdest ones. It's funny how unbelievable stories like these can be well documented.

Evangium

vukxfiles

I don't believe this ever happened, so no reason to give me this passport. But it is a bizarre and entertaining story.

I knew a guy over the internet, who told me he knew this lady that witnessed the martians. He says that he believes her. I say that some children pulled a prank on her. What can be known is that the lady really reported this incident, that this is not a story I made up.

Evangium
I don't believe this ever happened, so no reason to give me this passport. But it is a bizarre and entertaining story.

I knew a guy over the internet, who told me he knew this lady that witnessed the martians. He says that he believes her. I say that some children pulled a prank on her. What can be known is that the lady really reported this incident, that this is not a story I made up.

Well Passport is worth the read. Vallee started out as a big supporter of the ETH, but he found that the stranger cases just didn't really fit with th whole 'saucers have landed' thing, so he started looking at it more from a folklorists perspective, and from there noticed a similarity between the tales of ET contact and older tales involving contact with otherwordly beings (fairies and the like). Even the name Magonia, is borrowed from an earlier tale of a magical realm where ships sail the sky...

vukxfiles

Remember the hoax of fairies with bat wings on the moon?