Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revisiting Unknown Places in Dreams

House of 66

Hello, i am new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone out there has ever had any experience with anything like this.

when i was about 22 or so, i began to notice i was dreaming about the same place. it was a small town and nothing really exciting happened in these dreams which is why i think it took me a couple months to notice that i was back in the same place. as the years went forward, i began to dream about the surrounding areas- the county if you will- and was able to draw maps of this place. me and my ex husband even drove out west after i had a dream that told me this place was in new mexico. we never found it. i am not sure if this is some sort of psychic phenom or if there is even a name for it. i have written emails to doctors who study dreams and told them about this, but i imagine they think i am a nutter, and i have never met anyone who has had this experience nor the name for it.

this has gone on for about 15 years now. at least a few times a year i will have a dream about the place. sometimes its just a feeling- a sort of certain feeling that i know i am in the same place. sometimes i will look over and see a mountain range i recognize or a certain cemetary (its on a hill and was built by the original settlers to prevent flooding and a major river runs right through the town). but it always strikes me as being a very real, ordinary place- i would probably doubt my sanity if i kept dreaming for years about a place where people flew and there were candycanes on the trees or something. i mean it is dead dull. just ordinary. and i know that i would know it instantly if i happened upon it.

its worth mentioning as well that a few weeks before i had the first dream of the place ( i was able to pinpoint this as i used to keep a dream journal for years) i had my very first dream where i revisited a place i had dreamed of previously- in fact, just that night. i dreamt of a seaside town during the day. very much like the area surrounding dover (the white cliffs). i spent some time there and then wound up waking up in real life for a couple hours. once i went back to sleep, i was back in the same town, but it was night, and i was eating wild strawberries, which i had never seen before. i even drew the plant in my journal as i found it unusual the way the strawberries grew in the tuft in the center, which i thought was superweird. a couple years later i found out that that is actually a real wild strawberry plant- i had never seen one in my entire life except in my dream (at least that i remember!) but the point is that had dreamt again, the same night, even tho my dream was interrupted , about the same place. and besides that there have been many, many, many other instances where i have dreamt about something or a place before i ever go there. but this is the only time i have had a series of dreams over a period of years about a place i have never seen, but i can draw maps of at least a 20 mile area surrounding.

anyone have any experience with this?

• Like 3

there have been many, many, many other instances where i have dreamt about something or a place before i ever go there. but this is the only time i have had a series of dreams over a period of years about a place i have never seen, but i can draw maps of at least a 20 mile area surrounding.

To be able to draw maps of a 20 mile radius is impressive.

There could be various ways to explain what's going on. IMO, the most likely one involves astral projection/remote viewing, because of some sort of connection. What's your thoughts on past life memories? Do you ever get a sense of era or time with this place?

I find what you detail interesting because I'm sure that you can help yourself to uncover more with just having a direction to focus on. Use your intention and expressed will to go in a certain direction with this, ie, something specific that you would like to target on. Like lets say for example, the 'era/time'. Make this your focus so that next time you dream, you'll explore that element.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find what you detail interesting because I'm sure that you can help yourself to uncover more with just having a direction to focus on. Use your intention and expressed will to go in a certain direction with this, ie, something specific that you would like to target on. Like lets say for example, the 'era/time'. Make this your focus so that next time you dream, you'll explore that element.

i hadn't thought of that. i certainly have read and scanned many many books about towns, driven through countless towns, tried to figure out where it was by some of the features like the fact that i know that honeymooners used to spend time there but that has fallen off in the past few decades- that sort of thing. but i haven't actually focused on trying to place it as far as era. it doesn't give me any signals about anything like that, but it would surely help to define the parameters of what i am dealing with. as time goes on the dreams have dropped off in frequency, to maybe a few a year, but i just had one a couple months ago which reawakened all my questions about it.

i will definitely give that a shot and if i come to any conclusions i will let you know. is this something you have heard about before, out of curiosity? i would really like to know the name of this phenom if anyone knows what that might be.

i will definitely give that a shot and if i come to any conclusions i will let you know. is this something you have heard about before, out of curiosity? i would really like to know the name of this phenom if anyone knows what that might be.

Sometimes you can use cues in dreams to date things with, other times you can get a sense of the time that a dream belongs to. The idea is to bring in your awareness or bring it to your awareness so that you can connect/ engage with it. You can do this by making something your sole intention to focus on and explore. Or research every topic that you can find related, with an open and explorative mindset. Once you hit that stepping stone you'll be able to revisit everything from different and new angles.

To answer your questions, I have heard of this before and with being on a site like this, you'll find many other's who've experienced the same too. I've experience similar with dreams and meditations. Seeing in fine detail of whole places that i haven't been to and revisiting these places in dreams that i only know in my dreams. What do i think it could be? Well, like i said in my previous post, it could be various things. You might be interested in researching the following subjects, as any one of these or a combination could be what you're experiencing. I hope this helps.

Astral projection, Astral travel

Remote viewing

Past life, Past life memories

Precognition

• Like 1

Hello :)

Welcome to UM.

I have had the same experience as you. I've visited places in dreams that I recognise being before in past dreams. I write dreams down in diaries and notepads. I remember checking upon an old dream and finding that I had been there in that place. One such place is in England somewhere, and the houses and shops are built using old Tudor style buildings that rise on a hill. There are traffic lights at the top of the hill. There is a large boutique linked to a shoe shop and a record shop. I remember that tucked around the corner of the high street is a place with a nice looking housing area and an estate with blocks of apartments. It's so vivid that I can remember it like I actually went there. I've dreamed of visiting this place a few times and I'm sure I went there as far back as 12 years ago. I recall living there once. Another place has locations and a nice house that DP, my daughter and I moved into. It has a tower (the building was divided into several apartments. We moved into the 2nd floor). I know the colours of the walls, layout of the rooms, ect. and nearby is a public garden/park and a Morrisons supermarket beside a carpark not so far away from the house. Also not too far is a place of houses that look like mini castles. I know that I went back there again.

I believe there are towns that exist and it's possible that we visited them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

I know this forum was writting in 2009, but hopefully someone might see this. I have had dreams just like this since I was a young child, I'm now in my mid-twenties....I haven't dreamed of these places for a few years until today and this is the first I have done research into my experiences. I, too can draw detailed maps of outlining areas of my town and in full detail with roads, etc. Nothing ever really happens in the dreams, and no one is in them or in the town. I have multiple areas, most are forest areas, rural farmlands, but I know the roads and can travel in the dreams to certain locations througout. The one that really gets me is a small town, other the years I've come to think I have discovered the era maybe 1800's in rural U.S. Most of the buidlings are a dull blue or gray in color and are wooden structures 2-3 stories high, you can see the town from miles away with nothing but desloate fields surronding it. I never feel any emotions there, being a desolote eeriy type town with no people one would think I would be scared but it's just all too familiar everytime I visit in these dreams. Any updates on your findings?!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hello, i am new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone out there has ever had any experience with anything like this.

when i was about 22 or so, i began to notice i was dreaming about the same place. it was a small town and nothing really exciting happened in these dreams which is why i think it took me a couple months to notice that i was back in the same place. as the years went forward, i began to dream about the surrounding areas- the county if you will- and was able to draw maps of this place. me and my ex husband even drove out west after i had a dream that told me this place was in new mexico. we never found it. i am not sure if this is some sort of psychic phenom or if there is even a name for it. i have written emails to doctors who study dreams and told them about this, but i imagine they think i am a nutter, and i have never met anyone who has had this experience nor the name for it.

this has gone on for about 15 years now. at least a few times a year i will have a dream about the place. sometimes its just a feeling- a sort of certain feeling that i know i am in the same place. sometimes i will look over and see a mountain range i recognize or a certain cemetary (its on a hill and was built by the original settlers to prevent flooding and a major river runs right through the town). but it always strikes me as being a very real, ordinary place- i would probably doubt my sanity if i kept dreaming for years about a place where people flew and there were candycanes on the trees or something. i mean it is dead dull. just ordinary. and i know that i would know it instantly if i happened upon it.

its worth mentioning as well that a few weeks before i had the first dream of the place ( i was able to pinpoint this as i used to keep a dream journal for years) i had my very first dream where i revisited a place i had dreamed of previously- in fact, just that night. i dreamt of a seaside town during the day. very much like the area surrounding dover (the white cliffs). i spent some time there and then wound up waking up in real life for a couple hours. once i went back to sleep, i was back in the same town, but it was night, and i was eating wild strawberries, which i had never seen before. i even drew the plant in my journal as i found it unusual the way the strawberries grew in the tuft in the center, which i thought was superweird. a couple years later i found out that that is actually a real wild strawberry plant- i had never seen one in my entire life except in my dream (at least that i remember!) but the point is that had dreamt again, the same night, even tho my dream was interrupted , about the same place. and besides that there have been many, many, many other instances where i have dreamt about something or a place before i ever go there. but this is the only time i have had a series of dreams over a period of years about a place i have never seen, but i can draw maps of at least a 20 mile area surrounding.

Hey! I've just seen this now in 2013! but I can relate to you. I have recurring dreams of places I have never seen before, its a rural area and I think its all part of the same town but I can't tell which era it is.. I think its present day era but people are nicer(exclamation mark lol).. I think the clothes are still the same, if its not present, its within the last 100 years (maybe!)

Sometimes I've felt sad or lost within those places, like once I got lost in this corridor full of red doors, and ran down the stairs and got locked up in a corridor full of blue doors.. then when I finally managed to escape, I would climb this somewhat ruined castle that opens to the sea and would sit there just looking at the sea and the feeling I get when I am there is so nice .. and I have dreamt of climbing that castle and looking at the sea many times. Another place which I think is part of the same town where the sea and the ruined castle and the corridors are at, is an old muddy road which makes me happy whenever I walk on that road. I have dreamt of walking there by myself and with my family. It's really strange. I have never seen any of these places in my life and I think it has been about 2 years that I keep having these dreams... I don't mind them as they're not disturbing, apart from the corridor. I just really want to know if these places exist..and I really want to be able to visit them in real life! hm,,

• Like 1

I have dreams of places that I know I haven't been too but every time they appear it feels like home or a holiday enjoyed.

• 1 year later...

Hello original.gif

Welcome to UM.

I have had the same experience as you. I've visited places in dreams that I recognise being before in past dreams. I write dreams down in diaries and notepads. I remember checking upon an old dream and finding that I had been there in that place. One such place is in England somewhere, and the houses and shops are built using old Tudor style buildings that rise on a hill. There are traffic lights at the top of the hill. There is a large boutique linked to a shoe shop and a record shop. I remember that tucked around the corner of the high street is a place with a nice looking housing area and an estate with blocks of apartments. It's so vivid that I can remember it like I actually went there. I've dreamed of visiting this place a few times and I'm sure I went there as far back as 12 years ago. I recall living there once. Another place has locations and a nice house that DP, my daughter and I moved into. It has a tower (the building was divided into several apartments. We moved into the 2nd floor). I know the colours of the walls, layout of the rooms, ect. and nearby is a public garden/park and a Morrisons supermarket beside a carpark not so far away from the house. Also not too far is a place of houses that look like mini castles. I know that I went back there again.

I believe there are towns that exist and it's possible that we visited them.

wow!

i was going through my old posts and found this old thread of mine, i am really intrigued by the people who have chimed and said that they have had that experience as well. i am also fascinated by the level of detail that you have. i am going to gather some of my own and post them.

I know this forum was writting in 2009, but hopefully someone might see this. I have had dreams just like this since I was a young child, I'm now in my mid-twenties....I haven't dreamed of these places for a few years until today and this is the first I have done research into my experiences. I, too can draw detailed maps of outlining areas of my town and in full detail with roads, etc. Nothing ever really happens in the dreams, and no one is in them or in the town. I have multiple areas, most are forest areas, rural farmlands, but I know the roads and can travel in the dreams to certain locations througout. The one that really gets me is a small town, other the years I've come to think I have discovered the era maybe 1800's in rural U.S. Most of the buidlings are a dull blue or gray in color and are wooden structures 2-3 stories high, you can see the town from miles away with nothing but desloate fields surronding it. I never feel any emotions there, being a desolote eeriy type town with no people one would think I would be scared but it's just all too familiar everytime I visit in these dreams. Any updates on your findings?!

hi! its been a while since i read this thread, but, no unfortunately, i have yet came to no conclusions. but you know, it is kind of weird, because your place sounds like my place in the sense that nothing is really happening there.

in my place, there are alot of mountains, and a river that runs through. the cemetary was built on a hill because of flooding. the town used to be popular with honeymooners, but is no longer for some reason. there are a huge amount of buildings that are painted white. there is an empty field right on the outskirts of town that has an old abandoned chicken house on it. i can see it so clearly in my mind, in this flat field. up the road from there, there is a turn off to your right, and at that corner is a huge, old tree with some sort of historic significance. there is a plaque there, but i can never stop to see what it says. i have combed books looking for this tree, to no avail.

other details- for some reason, two of the most haunting visages are these-

when you enter the town from the south, from the freeway, there is a superelevation that curves to the left. if you look down, you see the town. the freeway was build as a bridge and the town is beneath it, pretty much.

and this- there is a little drugstore/ magazine stall that stands on the northeast corner of a street right off the main drag. its at a traffic light, and caddycorners. in other words, it faces the street at an angle, and for some reason when i see it it is always raining, and the way the traffic lights and the red neon of the drugstore/mag stall reflect off the road is somehow enchanting to me.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi - I know the last time this thread was replied to was back in 2014. But I too have a reoccurring dream. However in this dream I know exactly where I am. Its a hill in my home town back in Romania - Cluj to be precise, this hill in my dream has a huge cemetery spreading all over it at the top (very futuristic cemetery - there is no cemetery as such in this area, there are only houses there now) which seems to be dedicated to fallen heroes that come from a different world far away from us and it seems its from the future but at the same time there are old graves. It feels as if I am in the future looking back on the past but not the past that we know, its a future past - if that makes sense? There is also a river crossing my home town....in my dream all is black, white and grey and the wind blows gently and everything seems to be moving very slow...at times I am floating over this immense cemetery and sometimes it feels as if I am allowed to walk among the stones. It feels as if there is a secret that I need to know about but every single time I get closer to this so called secret I get pulled away. Every-time I get closer to the graves I get pulled away, I never manage to read what it says on the stone...all seems to be very secretive and well secured and taken care of.  

I keep going back to this place every now and then...sometimes the feeling of being there scares me and makes me wake up...

Its very strange as this hill is full of houses cant imagine a cemetery on top of the hill...will try and go back to history and see if anything has happened on the hill.

FYI - it took me a while before I figured out that the location was in my hometown....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello dreamers,

I was looking for reoccuring dream places and found this thread. i want to share my experiences here.

when i was younger i had often sleep paralysis, until i learned to change the plane. I know that sounds kinda strange. But when it happens nowadays, when i now trapped in my body, i just change the dreamplane and its gone, it is something i now do

unconsciously. I don't think it is something metaphysical, more kinda like controling dream and lucid dreaming. Can't explain it directly. It's something like knowing it is a dream, then waking up, but not waking up, just changing the scenery of the dream. After i learned to do that i have seen those places. Dream places. I also can escape nightmare or entitys in the dreams. Just change the plane, they somehow cant follow that. Just never interact with them, its always unpleasant, always.

There are places. Places that reoccur in my dreams. Places that feel somehow important. Not necessarily to me. Important in itself.

I want to share my dream experiences with reoccuring places. I think some could be important.

I have around 4-5 different places that reoccur. Not like every night or even week. But once a month or so.

The places don't exist in the real world or i have never seen them personally if they do. These places are reoccuring in my dreams. They are dream constructs that feel important to me.

I made a list (and while writing the list, other places popped up in my head, they sometimes are connected and when i started describing them i started remebering others,too)

This is the ist of places i kinda feel they are maybe non person entities in my dream.

1. The abandoned city

2. The warehouse

3. The gas station

4. The train station

5. The pit

These places are in my memory when i awake and they reoccur. Except the pit, which only occured once, but the dream stayed in my memory since years.
None of these places are nightmare material, sometimes i flee or hide there from something. The pit or the shopping district of the city are places that i met hostile entities.

1. The abandoned city

It's looks like an eastern europe city(poland, bulgaria?). It has small skysrapers for living in the form how Soviets builded them. It has Highways going all around and through the city. The Highways only lead around and through the city, but not into the streets, it like some form of sightseeing. If you are on the highway, you cant reach places in the city, only look at them. It#s kinda strange. i have to planechange to get to places in the city(and planechanging not always work, i then land in a normal dream)

But there are places in the city i visit in other dreams or through a succesful planechange. I somehow know it is always this city when i'am at those places.

The places i can kinda describe is

A - The cultural district.

- With greek styled columns and big beautiful buildings. The buildings are not ruins, they are gorgeous, but noone is there. It is empty. I was rarly there. It seems important. Just not for me.

B - The shopping district

- Here i met other and saw entitys. Pretty sure i needed to escape some of those there. I also met friends there. It's like everyone whos there is looking for something. myself included. Sometimes i search things in the shops with friends.

The mall itself and its structure is taken from places i saw. But the shops and persons are not. The shops are unique.

C -  The underground station

It is something connected to the train station. when i go there and board a train, i could land at the riverside bath or at the train station(4).

D - The riverside bath

A luxerious bath with view at a river and a restaurant. It has a glas ceiling.

2. The warehouse

A giant barn like house, there are pawrking lots around it and it has no front door. The door is a giant gat at the backside.

I always wait there for someone to to pick something up inside. They go in and don't come back. When i go in i get lost. It's filled with thousand of things old and new. Bycicles, Puppets, old toys, old stuff you would find in your cellar. Rarly something new.

It is somehow connected to the shopping district. Sometimes when i go there i end up in the shopping district of the abandoned city

3. the gas station

i never go there to fill my vehicle. It's to shops at the street with a gas station. t's kinda strange sometimes it looks from the inside like a fast food restaurant, but like evrything mixed together. It's kinda harmless and not mystical. Maybe thats just a normal dream place, but its reoccuring, so i didnt want to miss this one out.

4. The train station

It is definitly from the future. Theres no open big hall where all thre trains arrive, like in Paris. It is more like underground with tubes leading everywhere to the trains. I always get lost there, thousand of ways and everyone in there is hectic and i end up in strange places when i board the trains. But the trains itself are new, newer then trains in europe. Kinda like they maybe would look in 50 years or so. Also the "persons" there have strange technology to control the passenger and everythings more like something they would build in the future.

5. The Pit

This one is just a pit in the ground maybe 8 metres deep and around 30 m². It is not giant. It is filled with torches, the light is nice. The pit itself is kinda like a save place. I know something outside is not save.

I know when i leave the pit, bad things happen. I only had this one once. But the dream left such a strong impression, that i can see the pit before my eyes like it happened yesterday (The dream occured 8 years ago).

The pit is definitly not a real place.

Thats the only thing i can tell you guys. i think my grandmother knew more. She told me a few things about the dreams and about lucid dreaming. About how i can control a few things and that i shouldn't talk to the entitys there.

She also told me to not go into the forest, Whatever that means. I never saw a forest in my dreams. I think she knew the city. But i can barly remeber what she said about it. She died when i was 7 and ima 37 now, so take that with a  grain of salt.

My memory from back there is kinda blurry.

Edited by KaptainKabul

I find that most places you visit in dreams are an amalgam of real places you have been to (maybe 30 or 50 years before). places you know today, places you have seen on TV and places you have imagined from books.   The same applies to people.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have experienced the same thing. That's why I'm googling this topic and came across this. I have to reply to this thread because as I read your description and our dreams sound somewhat similar. Now I'm not making any of these up. I'm living in New Mexico and I just turned 22 today. For the past years since the middle of high school until now that I'm about to graduate college I have been dreaming of this beautiful place/small town near the ocean it seems. I would be walking on a street with lots of white buildings, flowers in pots and cafe signs. They are like shops and restaurants on main street or something. Across the street is another street separate by water canal and connected by white bridges. The "main" streets were always busy with lots of people, mainly couples. Everyone seems very happy and overall it has always been a happy dream. Nothing much would happen, I would just walk around and explore the town. I would go into this little cafe across the bridge. When I walked through the cafe's back door to sit outside it became a mountain range. The grass is green and beautiful. There are river and a lake and they would serve me breakfast on my little white table as I look over the view. There was a big three near where I was sitting by the cafe. I have been dreaming of this place and its surrounding area so many times I can draw a little map as well but not as far in radius as you. 

We are probably are not dreaming of the same place. I live in New Mexico, and I kinda know where my place is (if it exist) because of my first dream, but I dont think it exists or that it is in this world. Because in my first dream I walked outside of my house and went up a mountain that is right in front of my house. I turned left and kept walking and all of the sudden things changed (kinda like there's a portal there or something). The next thing i know I started to hear noises of a busy small town and somehow I walked into a city that I mentioned. I dreamt of this place so many times that my friends say that I should try going up the mountain just like in my dream. But I've never done it yet, even though it is right in front of my house and it's not scary or anything. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Few weeks ago I so a dream, I was in a bus and jumped off and was lost, in some fields. I walked pass them to a forest and I remember it all so vivid, didn´t know what I was looking for and woke up.

Last night I had a dream I was walking a street and it was completely dark but I kept going and then there was mist and sort of light and I woke up in a bus again. I looked outside but didn´t know where I was, I jumped out of the bus and there was this little village. What I read from your dreams I had to sing in. It had white houses, it was on a cliff. I walked to the fence to see where I was and I saw the fields and the forest I had been in past dream, when I jumped off the bus a bit earlier. Mine dream is a bit different cause there was maybe three kids/youngster hanging in one corner of the house but I didn´t walk to them, I felt they weren´t there for me. I tried to walk a around to see a sign where I was and said out loud I don´t know what Im looking for. And that when I woke up. I draw a picture what I remember, I would love to see yours. I see dreams now and then but this one stayed with me so much I had to google it. I did draw it kind of well on paper and took a picture but the file was too big so here you go, master of paint.jpg  Im female, 29y, finland.

townsy.jpg

• 6 months later...

i’ve been having these dreams as well. there is a mall in mine too, full of every store you could wish for. the mall is on the way to the city, which is by a bay. the bay creates a huge river which goes under a bridge and runs through the whole city and out to the country. it’s got hotels with pools by the beach, ice cream shops, and lots of weed. (i’m a stoner.) i end up on the countryside often. there’s a few neighborhoods, and a house i seem to claim as my own. it’s on a farm, which is run by someone i’ve never seen, but i know is there. there’s horses and a big field. the beach is also nearby which makes me think this is an island. i love being there so much. it’s almost like my personal heaven. i dream about this place without fail every night now. i know this sounds crazy but i think it means something big is about to happen to me. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 2:27 PM, KaptainKabul said:

Hello dreamers,

I was looking for reoccuring dream places and found this thread. i want to share my experiences here.

when i was younger i had often sleep paralysis, until i learned to change the plane. I know that sounds kinda strange. But when it happens nowadays, when i now trapped in my body, i just change the dreamplane and its gone, it is something i now do

unconsciously. I don't think it is something metaphysical, more kinda like controling dream and lucid dreaming. Can't explain it directly. It's something like knowing it is a dream, then waking up, but not waking up, just changing the scenery of the dream. After i learned to do that i have seen those places. Dream places. I also can escape nightmare or entitys in the dreams. Just change the plane, they somehow cant follow that. Just never interact with them, its always unpleasant, always.

There are places. Places that reoccur in my dreams. Places that feel somehow important. Not necessarily to me. Important in itself.

I want to share my dream experiences with reoccuring places. I think some could be important.

I have around 4-5 different places that reoccur. Not like every night or even week. But once a month or so.

The places don't exist in the real world or i have never seen them personally if they do. These places are reoccuring in my dreams. They are dream constructs that feel important to me.

I made a list (and while writing the list, other places popped up in my head, they sometimes are connected and when i started describing them i started remebering others,too)

This is the ist of places i kinda feel they are maybe non person entities in my dream.

1. The abandoned city

2. The warehouse

3. The gas station

4. The train station

5. The pit

These places are in my memory when i awake and they reoccur. Except the pit, which only occured once, but the dream stayed in my memory since years.
None of these places are nightmare material, sometimes i flee or hide there from something. The pit or the shopping district of the city are places that i met hostile entities.

1. The abandoned city

It's looks like an eastern europe city(poland, bulgaria?). It has small skysrapers for living in the form how Soviets builded them. It has Highways going all around and through the city. The Highways only lead around and through the city, but not into the streets, it like some form of sightseeing. If you are on the highway, you cant reach places in the city, only look at them. It#s kinda strange. i have to planechange to get to places in the city(and planechanging not always work, i then land in a normal dream)

But there are places in the city i visit in other dreams or through a succesful planechange. I somehow know it is always this city when i'am at those places.

- With greek styled columns and big beautiful buildings. The buildings are not ruins, they are gorgeous, but noone is there. It is empty. I was rarly there. It seems important. Just not for me.

- Here i met other and saw entitys. Pretty sure i needed to escape some of those there. I also met friends there. It's like everyone whos there is looking for something. myself included. Sometimes i search things in the shops with friends.

The mall itself and its structure is taken from places i saw. But the shops and persons are not. The shops are unique.

It is something connected to the train station. when i go there and board a train, i could land at the riverside bath or at the train station(4).

D - The riverside bath

2. The warehouse

A giant barn like house, there are pawrking lots around it and it has no front door. The door is a giant gat at the backside.

I always wait there for someone to to pick something up inside. They go in and don't come back. When i go in i get lost. It's filled with thousand of things old and new. Bycicles, Puppets, old toys, old stuff you would find in your cellar. Rarly something new.

It is somehow connected to the shopping district. Sometimes when i go there i end up in the shopping district of the abandoned city

3. the gas station

i never go there to fill my vehicle. It's to shops at the street with a gas station. t's kinda strange sometimes it looks from the inside like a fast food restaurant, but like evrything mixed together. It's kinda harmless and not mystical. Maybe thats just a normal dream place, but its reoccuring, so i didnt want to miss this one out.

4. The train station

It is definitly from the future. Theres no open big hall where all thre trains arrive, like in Paris. It is more like underground with tubes leading everywhere to the trains. I always get lost there, thousand of ways and everyone in there is hectic and i end up in strange places when i board the trains. But the trains itself are new, newer then trains in europe. Kinda like they maybe would look in 50 years or so. Also the "persons" there have strange technology to control the passenger and everythings more like something they would build in the future.

5. The Pit

This one is just a pit in the ground maybe 8 metres deep and around 30 m². It is not giant. It is filled with torches, the light is nice. The pit itself is kinda like a save place. I know something outside is not save.

I know when i leave the pit, bad things happen. I only had this one once. But the dream left such a strong impression, that i can see the pit before my eyes like it happened yesterday (The dream occured 8 years ago).

Thats the only thing i can tell you guys. i think my grandmother knew more. She told me a few things about the dreams and about lucid dreaming. About how i can control a few things and that i shouldn't talk to the entitys there.

She also told me to not go into the forest, Whatever that means. I never saw a forest in my dreams. I think she knew the city. But i can barly remeber what she said about it. She died when i was 7 and ima 37 now, so take that with a  grain of salt.

Hi KaptainKabul

Are you saying your dreams are real? If so please do show the validity of your claim.

jmccr8

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, February 07, 2018 at 3:27 PM, KaptainKabul said:

Hello dreamers,

1. The abandoned city

2. The warehouse

3. The gas station

4. The train station

5. The pit

1. The abandoned city

D - The riverside bath

2. The warehouse

3. the gas station

4. The train station

5. The Pit

This is really strange, I wonder how common these places are to dream about that you listed.  I've had reoccurring dreams about most of the ones you mentioned.  The weirdest one is the gas station in that it always starts with me getting a flat tire as I'm driving at night (which is something I can really change in a matter of minutes) so I try to find a gas station open to help me change it.  The whole experience turns into a big mess as they lose my keys, don't have the size of tire only r my car and to begin, it's hard to find a place open at night.  

At the end, it's revealed that the "people" helping me are just manniquins or cardboard cut outs and the power goes off and I usually wake up after.

• 1 month later...

appa 

kaptainkabul

and anyone else that relates.

appa one of my locations seems very similar to yours. A large field the small rodes (i biked with a friend) some small hills green grass and a fence with an open field behind it leading into a forest. I saw many dark/black figures coming out of the forest they immediately scared me and so i stayed behind the fence...as the dark figures approached from a distance they turned into little white fluffy dogs with red turtle necks all nearly identical. I was too afraid to get close and so i left...then i told another friend in my dream about my hypothesis (which was if i went into the forest i was going somewhere else and leaving my dream land...so did they wanna explore with me?) and was able to convince them to bike with me to the fenced area and to walk with me into the forest. Same thing happened : a bunch of dark figures appeared out of the forest and turned into little fluffy white dogs with red turtle necks as they approached us we chickened out in. I’ve had one other dream that i can remember with these dark figures last time much larger and closer to me and that was during one of my few serious sleep paralysis. So i knew they were negative energy. 

What I originally came on here was because I have very few places ive been to before. Some of them more significant than others.

1.) a mansion school built with Old stained oak and easy to get lost. 

2.) the fact that i can fly in nearly all my dreams (lately not so much) but i know if i focus hard i can. Flying hasn’t become more of a physical strain and sometimes i can’t get that night off the ground 

3.) the apartment building in a dark city.

this is is the original reason for why i found this site and decided to write. 

Its a building i used to go to a lot and now i go there very rarely but i know because of the people and feeling that I’ve been there before. Specially because of the people/friends i hang out with and have established a relationship with. The building must be a scraper because i remember flying there all the time and entering through the window in a very high building . I’ve been there many times it’s like old friends but they are not friends from the conscious awake/real world. It’s a family there are kids and last time i remember going there it was to help save them. 

• 1 month later...

As someone who dreams of very specific locations often, it's gotten to the point for me that believing these locations do not exist somewhere is much less realistic than believing that I am tapping into some sort of information that I don't understand.

It has never occurred to me, though....that...what if we are dreaming of the same 100's of locations around the world that for some reason resonate stronger than others? What if those of us that are tapping into this, if we exchange notes, eventually they will overlap with one another?

This is intriguing enough to me that I want to try to build a platform of imputing specific words, info, from dreams and begin to build a database and see where it overlaps. 

Who's with me!

• Like 1

Just last night I was in a small coastal town. Low income. Duplexes overlooking the water, Astoria like, but poor. Pebbley, hilly roads. Idyllic but run down. American, my initial instinct is Oregon.

Japanese bakery.

Again near the water. On a busy street. Seems like this may be possibly from another era. People are scared, we can't go outside. I could draw the man working, what baked goods are where, people's reactions. I can't understand what they are saying at all, but the fear is tangible. This is one of the few that I have that I am an outsider, observing

It's very unnerving to have such specific dreams, whether they are based on anything or not. The data and images I get, are so realistic and specific and often things I've never seen or experienced, but then a Google search tells me that that is, afterall, accurate information. So odd

On 3/29/2019 at 2:31 AM, jmccr8 said:

Hi KaptainKabul

Are you saying your dreams are real? If so please do show the validity of your claim.

jmccr8

Right, hi

The point of being on this exact website is that there is often no way to validate it, and people are free to discuss their hunches and feelings without snotty judgment or insistence of proof. We all know she couldnt prove that, but it's how she feels

Move along.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I thought I'm weird that I keep on dreaming the same place over and over. Guess what I'm not actually alone. I remember it very well. But why its not exist in reality? 

When I read this post the first time, I got tears in my eyes because it's exactly like the place I've been dreaming about since I was around 22 and I'm just 40 now. What really hit home was that you said you could draw a map and that this place feels very normal. 

My place is also very large with mountain ranges, a lake/ocean (depending on what side you're on or maybe they are very close to each other. a river runs through the middle of town but there are also off shoots that have parks and canals with large cement ponds. 

There are quite a few trails on the left of the lake that I hike and sometimes 4x4. Most trails are alongside a mellow river that will end in a pond and then start again. There are quite a few waterfalls and sometimes there will be abandon structures. There are houses scattered around in small neighborhoods on this side also. 

Back at the lake on the lower left is "my house" and a matching twin house next door. The houses are on a slope and are large two story victorianish, farmish style with a massive terrace, pool and creek. the creek also runs through the houses. The twin house is one of three places i'll have a nightmare in. It's very haunted but I always avoid anything bad happening by my knowledge off all the crawlspaces in the house. On the right hand side of the lake is the main part of the "town" it's a collection of massive hotels some built right onto the lake. This is the second place I will sometimes have a nightmare and it always involves either an infected group of people or a malfunctioning service elevator. 

On the far side of the lake is the ocean and massive city with large bridges that connect to other massive chunks of the city. It's very clean, bright and a ton of very cool architecture. The ocean side is the third place i will have a nightmare always involving rouge big waves. 

When I say nightmares they are really never really that scary to me, more like a crazy adventure. I'd liken them more to playing a video game like tomb raider. Very rarely do these happen. 

I usually go here when I dream maybe three times a week over the last 23 yrs. 

There are people but rarely do I interact with them. I mean sometimes if it's relevant to whatever it is I'm doing I will but they are kind of like the water or mountains, just kinda doing their own thing. I can go into intricate detail of all the places I've talked about but this post is already way longer than I intended. 

When I was a kid I would experience sleep paralysis regularly and I would also get stuck in this place between the dreams and reality. I would usually have to wake up my parents and have them wake me up. When this happens even sometime in my adulthood I almost never can pull myself out and need someone to wake me up fully. 

There is a part of me that feels that this is a real place. It feels real, the memory and feeling I have when I wake up...it's the same way I feel about a memory of a childhood home or experience. It's so hard to put words to how this place feels to me without sounding like a crazy person lol. 

• Like 1