Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'I felt like a prostitute': Romanian

chemical-licker

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Lord Umbarger

• chemical-licker

• Splodgenessabounds

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, it's getting so that every incompetent who can't do the job they have sues claiming that they were denied a position that requires even more responcibility.

Unfortunately, it happens so often now that those with legitimate claims are lumped into the vast majority of whiners and suers and no one takes any of them seriously. A clear case of the majority of folks screwing it up for the honest few.

Rather she really did get screwed out of what was rightfully hers or not is impossible to tell. Of course, it could just be a case of someone prefering to promote folks from his/her own country over outsiders. Maybe they feel that a more local person would be more in-tune with the companies goals and directions. It doesn't necessisarily make it right but, it doesn't mean that it can only be racism, sexism, cultural-ism or whatever.

I knew it was going to happen when Romania joined the EU,

No one believed me, no one believed me, shakes head

well, that's not true a few, brave souls did, a few brave souls heard my whisper, our whisper in the howling wind.

They knew, they knew...

But our power was lacking, we couldn't stop it..we just couldn't stop it

Ah, it's getting so that every incompetent who can't do the job they have sues claiming that they were denied a position that requires even more responcibility.

So true,

I'm going to study for three year and get a BA in accountancy, then I'm going to work hard and get a top job in one of london's top finance companies.

Before my first day of work, I'm going to.. and here's the cunning part, break both my legs... (ouch) don't worry, gotta keep the pain in..

Anyway, I'll arrive bright and early in a wheelchair or as I call it God's very own 'sue chair'.

Next, the fun part; I'm going to zoom around the office running over people's toes, anyone there really anyone I can find; officer workers, cleaners etc but I think especially the bosses...

:devil:

Finally at the end of the day, I'll walk in, sorry wheel in with my lawyer and sue the company for 20, no make that 30 million dollars..

for something or other, something containing the words .. 'disabled' and 'discrimination'... perhaps even 'racism' in it.. (I haven't really thought that bit through yet'

Never mind though, I guess that's what the lawyer's for.

I had to laugh when I read she failed at an attempt to sue the same company a few years ago. Even if she was discriminated against, where the hell did she get £40 million from?!!

Some people just can't handle a bit of office banter, I've had worse and I've given worse.

'I felt like a prostitute' I've had that feeling, but normally take a cold shower, you can get compensation for it? what a wonderful government we have, i've not read the article yet.

40million.....thats too big for a forensic accountant to afford

Miss Popa has already lost a previous claim for racial discrimination against PricewaterhouseCoopers, but claims to have more detailed evidence in her fresh case.

Hope she dont loose this one then all her money and time and work is wasted...

Thanks

B???

'I felt like a prostitute' I've had that feeling, but normally take a cold shower, you can get compensation for it? what a wonderful government we have, i've not read the article yet.

:lol: brilliant

I cannot exclude that she was mistreated, but the size of compensation she seeks looks really ridiculous. But it depends on the ambitions of her lawyer and also on if this lawyer a Romanian too or not; maybe they want to start negotiating from this figure, and finally reach some couple of thousands as a payout :).

I reckon that any accountant can find 1-3 jobs for some small businesses to make payroll at home, if a big company mistreats them. If she actually had those harassment dialogues recorded, and showed then to her management, then she would've been most likely left alone and her abuse fired or transferred away from her.