Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hoax competition

mowo

original.gif OK, not too sure if this has been done before, but I thought it would be a great idea for everyone to have a go at making their own hoaxed picture.

I made the below picture of a bigfoot sighting by nicking a photo off the internet and using about five minutes in Paint, so I am sure you can all do better.

You can either hoax one in a paint program, or take a photo, or both if you really want to take it that seriously. A good plan is if it doesnt look very realistic, just put some motion blur on it, or make it really grainy!

Also, each hoax needs an authentic story to go with it, to really set the scene.

There isnt an actual prize, but who knows, if yours is really good you might see it on another unexplained site as a genuine sighting!!

(And if anyone is thinking this will be belittling genuine photographs of real sightings, just look at it as an experiment thumbsup.gif )

Bigfoot sighting

The following photo was taken somewhere around the Bunco Woods area of West Virginia. The photographer was a local man who had reportedly been out photographing the local wildlife when he never returned.

Several months later his camera was found with half a roll of film taken placed neatly on top of his neatly folded clothes, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Upon developing the roll of film, the very last photo is the following image, is that a sasquatch between the trees in the distance?

post-51-1083940320.jpg

Edited by mowo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PolkaTulk

• mowo

• Janiel

• zygon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i posted this pic in the gallery a long time ago

link

i made it with the 'paint' program that comes with windows.

very simple, i just took a pic of a ufo and cut out the ufo, found a nice pic, pasted it and did some touch up.

the reason i made it was to prove a point to somebody, back when comments were posted with pics.

post-51-1083942947.jpg

Hitler Has Time Travel Complications Trying to Destroy the Future!

A baby Hitler was found outside Coffeeville, Alabama, last night by local butcher, Ted "Hamhocks" Polowski.

"I was just drivin' my pickup down to the nudie bar whens alls of a sudden, there was this flash of light and i saw something drop into the ditch. I done thought them exterterrastals had come back for my nose, but i didn't see any of them flashy lights. I got out and what I did see but a baby Hitler."

Polowski took the baby to local authorities who removed a message pinned to the baby Hitler's uniform. After translation from the original German, the message had this to say:

"If found in the form of a baby, the trip was unsuccesful. Plans to destroy the future will continue as planned. Destroy this note and worship the baby."

The baby Hitler has promptly been destroyed.

user posted image

Baby Hitler

Edited by chico del nacho

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif That baby Hitler is the funniest thing I've seen all day!

The Loch Beguile Monster

I took the following photo on a recent trip to Fort William.

post-51-1083946505.jpg

This is my effort - the only existing photo of the 'Devil's Footprints'...

w00t.gif

PS, Mowo, those two are really quite good. Well done....!! wink2.gif

post-51-1083947186.jpg

Edited by Loonboy

:The Loch Beguile Monster

I took the following photo on a recent trip to Fort William.

"Loch Beguile" monster?

I find it surreal to read u guys posting about the Loch Ness Monster, cos i am originally from Inverness, and lived there up until November last year. It's a strange feeling to *here Nessie being mentioned on the web lol!!! (by the way, she is real wink2.gif )

*((Doh @ here and hear))

Edited by Snowbaby

Here's my hoax:

I was on a business trip in Tokyo when I decided to do some sightseeing. I of course wanted a photo of all the neon lights of which down-town Tokyo is famous for. Everything was fine until I got my pictures developed back home. I noticed three lights in a triangular formation. While I was there, nobody seemed to notice anything. Why couldn't I see them while I was there? What are they? If anybody knows what they/it are, contact me at: fakeaddress@fake.com

Here's the picture:

post-51-1083992958.jpg

The origins of this photo are largely unknown, as the person who gave it to me did not wish to be identified or disclose any information.

post-51-1084196527.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This deamon dog was found by my daughter. The RSPCA woman said they would just amputate the wings and the fork from his tail & then he'd have no trouble being re-homed. She didn't seem at all phased, apparently there's a breeding group up on Bradgate Park, to the North of Leicester.

post-51-1085069136.jpg

ya know, it may just be my pride about my hitler baby submission, but i think i've won this competition cool.gif

Well, the other day I was in the garden and I saw this so I ran back in the house and got the camera. Luckerly it hadn't moved and this is the resulting image...

post-51-1085072933.jpg

a devon farmer was out late one night after hearing his cattle sounding rather disturbed. 'I ran back in to my house and grabbed my camera as soon as i saw the cow jump! when i came back out he was right in front of the moon! i was so shocked!' he said

post-51-1085142939.jpg

this picture was taken somewhere in spain, i noticed these four lights hovering in the sky, i quickly grabbed my camera from the car and snapped a couple of pictures, the second one was taken just as the lights flew off into the night.

i have never seen anything like this in my life other than in pictures that i always regarded as hoaxes. But after this i began to doubt they were fake.

(sorry about the double post)

post-51-1085144082.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here's a pic of UFO outside my house:

Ames original.gif

post-8961-1094926292.jpg

[attachmentid=4947]I took this pic of the Borg while on vacation:

post-3935-1094927033.png

Lol that's funny... resistance is futile!

I found this in my grandfather's attic. He took it while he was on a vacation to Scotland.

post-5452-1094929009.gif

Here's a pic of UFO outside my house:

Ames original.gif

263071[/snapback]

w00t.gif Hey! Thats me again!

Heres mine:

Some guys was trying to take a picture of the sea.

Suddently they spot a sea monster! They took from the camera and took the picture. When they got the picture back they did'nt spoot the sea monster! Only a UFO!

post-8963-1094933760.jpg

Edited by The Banana Pie Eater!