Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sensing death before it happens

starsdreamer

I think that one should not view death as a negative thing. If you have any belief in the afterlife at all, you will know that it is merely a metamorphic change.

Michael Newton's books are really helpful, for they gave a pretty credible account of the life between lives. Fascinating books.

SETH SPEAKS will help you too. It is the widest and biggest book of metaphysics that I have ever read, and I am a real reader.

I had a dream once, long before 9-11, of being in the underground parking lot of a skyscraper and a bomb went off. I even felt the whole-body compression from the bomb and the subsequent deafness for a while.

You should watch the TV series Jericho, about someone pretty wicked and an power-monger American using USA's own bombs to bomb the USA to further an agenda. I have the DVDs. Of course, one episode was filmed in my neck of the woods.

(makes me think of the nukes that were illegally shipped from one end of the country to the other; an event which left quite a few people dead; where were those nukes headed? We will never be told that answer.).

Number #1 thing: NO FEAR !! Have no fear and display no fear. This applies to all aspects of life. NO FEAR !!!

Just this week, while I very, very seldom have bad dreams, I dreamed two days in a row of funerals, both people were alive during the funeral but were expected to die. Then I dreamed of riding in our SUV when it rolled and killed my triad family, including myself. I pulled a "Abe Lincoln" on my spouse and, unplanned, he didn't do the nine hour drive that was intended for the second day, remained where he was for an extra day. Then, when I didn't dream about it anymore the next night, he made that drive the following day. He put up with my irrationality and complied with my very unusual request. He, a scientist, honors that fact that there are things about our human capabilities that science doesn't understand yet.

One day, almost two decades ago, while I was sitting at the computer, studying for a test or something, really concentrating on what I was doing, I got a horrible impending sense of doom. It just came on me all of the sudden. It was not a heavy feeling. It was a energizing, urging feeling. I stopped studying, called my mom, and asked if she was ok. She was. So I said, "Mom, please take an aspirin and chew it. And I will be there in 10 minutes." She did as I asked, even tho it was really an out-of-the-blue request. I got to mom's and called the siblings. Every one of them were good and in fine spirits (Dad has been gone a long time). So I told them why I called. I am sure they thought I was insane, tho my siblings have the same paranormal interests I do. So I went back home and studied, focused and learning. The next morning, before I could go to school for my mid-life change's education, mom called me and told me grandpa died the night before. So then, after calling the school, I had to call all my siblings again, to get them home.

Stop the fear. Let go of the judgements made on what you see. Be objective. And let all people know you love them; always and forever, let them know.

This is how I deal with my off-handed intuitions, which are nothing to brag about and are not developed at all.

Namaste,

Regeneratia

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->I feel dramatically off. My subconscience state seems to be unatainable at times, Last few months I get this over whelming emptiness, and darkness yet I am very scared and frightened, I can feel when death is going to happen and in huge capacities. I feel like I am loosing my head. This feeling of dread is over whelming. It jsut comes on out of the blue. within in days I will hear about a death. When this feeling comes on depending on how long it last depends on the amounts of deaths that will occur, I am hopelessly scared of these feelings. They are so unknown to me. I always felt there was something seriously worng with me. Even from the time I was little I would see ghost, they haunted me awake and when i slept. as I got older I think I blocked it all out but always seen future events in my sleep of things to come. Sadly they are always negative. I don't feel normal. I don't feel like I fit in anywhere and lately feeling and sensing deaths is putting me in such a depressed state.I haven't confided in anyone, although my mother knows of my experiences with ghost as achild for after a series of hauntings she actually witnessed it and even stated I was cursed. She still feels that way. In the last 2 months i have heard of multiple deaths. yesterday this aweful dreadful feeling of loss came over me. I called a friend and expressed a bad feeling. I knew what that feeling was protaining to and then i got a phone call from my step mom stating her friends son was jumped and killed.. Can someone please help me. How do i stop this from coming on. Should I sign myself into the nearest mental ward. Am I nuts...I dont understand this and have noone to help me understand what is wrong with me. I have seen things in my sleep. My dreams are never black and white though doctors believe we dream in black and white I dont. I seen everything in full detail. I dreamt of the third plane going down in New York as well as multiple train crashes. Recently I dreamnt of our country getting hit by there own missles. PLease don't judge me. I don't confide cause i dont fit in as is and I dont want to be deemed as a fruit cake by the ones i love. On the upside I always know when someone close to me is pregnant before they do. It doesn't always happen but for the most part I can tell without knowledge. thats the only upside. I just need some direction. I dont claim to be a physchic because I honestly never met a true one. Trust me I have had many readings ect. Only once did i meet a person who stated I was in fact cursed..Thank you for taking the time to read this<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Edited by regeneratia

• 1 year later...

Ever since I was 16 (now 22) I feel as if I've had a gift to sense death myself. If I dream of being pregnant, I lose a friend or close acquaintance. If I dream of giving birth, I lose a family member. I'm not sure why/how this even started. I used to joke about it. It's happened almost every time someone passes. Usually there is a one to two week span between the dream and the death occurrence. It frightens me and worries me as soon as I wake up from it. I can't find anywhere online where anyone has experienced anything similar, therefore, for all I know, I could be crazy and it could all be coincidental. It all began with my grandfather then a friend back in 2005. I had a dream of birth, then a few days later of pregnancy. Approximately two weeks later, my grandfather died, then a week or so after he passed, a friend of mine committed suicide. Since then it's been non-stop. If anyone has heard of anything similar to this, please let me know so I don't feel too crazy. :hmm:

Edited by AshUsh

• 9 months later...

Hey, I know what you're going through. I've had to deal with the same thing for almost my entire life. I started seeing things when I was about seven. I've never met anyone else that can do this the way I can. I've been on another forum where people sense it in another person's (or animal's) eyes... but for that they'd have to be there in person to look directly into that person's eyes... but I can be going about my life and just happen to sense something so very off...then I'll get the news. I'd really like to talk to you more about this because it's something that I really struggle with too... I believe that fate is fate... but I always think "maybe I have this problem for a reason" and that I'm meant to do something about it...I don't know...I'm sorry that you struggle along with me... but I'm also so relieved that I'm not the only one in the world that deals with the same thing, makes me feel not so alone... Hopefully you feel the same way and maybe we can help each other =] I added you as a friend on here but I found your post doing a search on Google so I'm not too sure how this site works, like if we can use private messaging or not...I'm more open with what I am now more than I used to be but this is just so uncommon that it's what bothers me most about being a seer...Anyway, hope to hear back from you soon. Stay strong <3

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I am new to UM and I found this from google.

I am experiencing the exact same thing. ever since I was a child I have been able to feel death 3 days before it happens. On the 4th day I wake up and the feeling is gone, to find out at midday that someone had been killed in a car crash or murdered. These feelings have become more prominent after I witnessed someone be murdered and watched as a car got airborne and crashed. Every time I get the feeling it is overwhelming and terrifies me and getting worse. Last time it nearly killed me as the sense or feeling drove me to a state where i hadn't moved for 5 days until someone came and found me and carted me to hospital for starvation and dehydration, and sure enough someone had died a day or 2 before they found me.

I also dream of events in the near future close or far, times vary. But they are always good dreams that actually come true as long as I follow the path hinted by the dream, if i don't follow that path then unfortunate things will happen. Some times the dreams may be for someone else and i have to assist them on the right path otherwise they will have bad things happen to them, worse than what happens to me.

I don't know what to do, whether or not there is something wrong with me, the work of god or hand of satan doing this to me.

I need help and I fear the consequence of not trying to find an answer.

I have had many strange things happen to me over the years. Not the least of which was on 3 or 4 occasions when I would suddenly see a

white light surronding someone in my immediate enviornment. When I noticed it I would keep looking to verify the light was indeed illuminating

their persona -coming from behind them. I think the last time it occurred I was in the hospital and I was emptying my locker of my belongings

so I could go home. As I stood there talking to my husband who was seated, my nurse came in. I asked her if I could have something for

pain before I left (it was time)and she told me my medications were sent to the pharmacy. I wanted to argue with her because I knew the

pain would be back before we got to the drug store to fill my prescription. But when I looked at her as she was standing in the doorway,

she was surrounded by bright white light. I knew not to argue with her. I later told my husband that nurse was going to die and we should

watch the paper soon for the obituary. Sure enough, a few days later in the paper it said she had died and the cause was kidney failure.

• 5 months later...

I also have a sixth sense about death. I can't tell you when I first remember it starting. All I can say is, I don't deny or question these feelings any longer. I am of very sound mind and do not suffer from depression; although I used to when I was in denial of my senses and feelings. I am now a caregiver for elderly individuals who wish to die at home with their families. My commitment to my patients are that I am with them until their last breath. I have had jobs lasting from 7 months to 18 months. I love and care for them and become quite emotionally attached to each of them and their family members. I am simply doing what I am meant to do. I have found a way to use my gift to help people. I am there for them and use my gift to guide them spiritually to the other side. I usually dream of their death when it is near and I am able to help them with final wishes. I never really know when exactly their death is coming just know when it is soon. Call it what you want, I call it a gift. I am still close and keep in touch with all the families I have worked for, because they see my love, care, and heightened awareness senses as a gift as well. I call it H.A.S. (heightened awareness senses) I have had a lot of other strange occurrences over the last 20 years but it is only in the last few years that I feel I have accepted this about myself and begun to use it to help people. God bless you all.

• 1 year later...

I can sense death with people. Mostly if they are closely connected to me. I can be feeling great one minute and the next feel like I've been hit by a ton of bricks. The people around me always make excuses about how I act, oh it's anxiety, depression, you need to seek help. Nope. This girl has a gift, I honestly don't want to be "doped" up to make me "society normal". But back to these feelings, it's like a nervous feeling but way more intense, I'm sick bad, wanting to throw up, I'm shaky, I can't think straight. For instance, I wasn't on talking terms with my family, this day something hit me hard, I was sick so bad. I was pacing. Out of nowhere it went away. 20 mins later I got a text stating my grandfather had passed away. 20 mins prior was when the sicky feeling went away exactly. When this feeling does hit, I do not know whether it is a death or if it is just a warning. I usually tend to not get aboard a car when it happens. With my experiences, everytime it has hit, car as broken down, lost lights completely in car, the muffler fell off, lost a tire, two accidents. None of these were broken down vehicles. This is not a daily thing. I could go weeks if not months without this alarm system going off and warning. This feeling does confuse me, I understand it to my own personal warning system but would truly like to be able to distinguish the difference between death coming and just a warning that someone is to be hurt, a car breaking down, my kid falling down. I am NOT depressed, I am a single mother of two awesome kids, who both are able to see and hear ghosts/shadow beings. Theres sensitivity in my entire family. My point is Girl, you are not alone!!!

Edited by sdawe17

This feeling does confuse me, I understand it to my own personal warning system but would truly like to be able to distinguish the difference between death coming and just a warning that someone is to be hurt, a car breaking down, my kid falling down. I am NOT depressed, I am a single mother of two awesome kids, who both are able to see and hear ghosts/shadow beings. Theres sensitivity in my entire family. My point is Girl, you are not alone!!!

Hi and welcome to UM.

I would define this as empathic telepathy. A case where your telepathic shared experience is personally effecting your body.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4564.0

That particular insight may clarify some of your interests.

Energetically sensitive people have a lot to learn about ghosts/shadow beings. I like this channeled Kryon message about that subject.

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_berkeleysprings_.html

I encourage those with energetic skills to evolve an intimate relationship with their divine inner wisdom and innate body awareness.

John

This has confused me even more. Been trying to research all day what exactly it is and theres not much out for a simple explanation

• 2 months later...

Depending on my personal connection to certain individuals, I may not perceive everything the same way. If meant for me to know, it will be presented to me at it's own time, in it's own way--whether through a dream, a vision, a feeling or just knowing...nothing is written in stone when it comes to dealing with things out of the ordinary.

• 2 weeks later...

I know its not the point you were trying to make but something stuck out to me. You dream in color. I have also heard that we dream in black and white and yet I clearly recall color at times too does anyone else have any information or ideas about this.

• 2 years later...

Hi im rose. im in fear of myself. Ive always felt my stomach turning and an uncomfortable feeling in my body before death. But these past weeks i have felt it everyday. Every day i feel this now and it hurts i dont understand

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that no one on this forum can make clinical diagnosis on whether the OP has depression or not, that is something you'd have to take to a doctor! I'd also not recommend giving any personal information over the internet, unless you actually know the person or have some trust. I know it's been a long time, but I hope you're doing well! It sounds like at the time you were going through a troubling time and I hope things are better now.

On 11/23/2014 at 7:55 AM, Nnicolette said:

I know its not the point you were trying to make but something stuck out to me. You dream in color. I have also heard that we dream in black and white and yet I clearly recall color at times too does anyone else have any information or ideas about this.

I also dream in colour :)

On 2/23/2017 at 11:05 PM, Elupy said:

Hi im rose. im in fear of myself. Ive always felt my stomach turning and an uncomfortable feeling in my body before death. But these past weeks i have felt it everyday. Every day i feel this now and it hurts i dont understand

I really recommend making your own thread as this is quite an old one, perhaps if you explain in detail what you're feeling and going through then people would be able to advise you better. As well, do go to a doctor if you experience some abnormal stomach pains! You never know if it could be an underlying medical issue. 

On 3/11/2017 at 6:17 AM, Terria said:

I no im sorry  i kinda get carried away so  top question Why am I so afraid all the time is it people energy or do i sence something coming I can't seem to separate from it most of the time like i notice when I get up crying usually something bad going to happen see but i can't see it like some physics says am i physic or something else like crazy lol see i told you l had problems lol

Ok so i thought about what you said, I don't know about the fear so can we work on sensing spirit and how i can read them like an invisible book isn't that medium should I start at the beginning like the difference between a psychic and medium 

• 11 months later...

Its now 2018. 7 years after 2011. Everything I read from this forum has come true...  And everything I have read is what's  happening to me to.  I'm not alone in this world.  I'm struggling with the same thing.  Something that's above us is trying to get us together for something bigger.  And we aren't listening... I was reading this forum as for the fact that I do hear many intuitive voices.  For years I would hear and feel about death coming ,  visions of future situations based from the intuitive voices  happening within myself.  I saw my mother's cancer before she knew she had it and much more and now  I'm being told that my moms sick again and that I should spend as much time as I can with her and that I'll be okay.  That we will all be okay soon enough.  

Those that are killing and hurting others...  Those are the ones that are in for a realllll treat soon enough and that's what I think some of you all are talking about.   I've seen.  Do good things now everyone.  We are all being judged for something that's  coming soon...  Very very soon.  I feel it.  You all see it.  I feel it. And hear it. 

-Amandala

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

i'm really young, and i've experienced some of these things as well. It all started when i was 14 years old. What usually happens is, i would think of scenarios in my head in the slightest detail, and few days or weeks later this event will happen in the detail that i was thinking of. 

For example. I was walking my dogs to the park one day in my estate, and i was thinking of this guy that i know and i played a story in my head that he will drive past me in his silver bakkie car, past a specific house on the corner of that street.  And moments later when i had got to that specific house, he drove past me in that car and colour car. Take into consideration that he had 3 cars to choose to drive from and i had never known the colour of his car, nor had i known that he had left his house or where he was. 

This type of stuff also happens within my family, like my mother and uncle, but they don't like to talk about it a lot. My feelings and thoughts for this stuff just gets stronger and stronger. 

Any tips or thoughts? :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, milkandhoney said:

This type of stuff also happens within my family, like my mother and uncle, but they don't like to talk about it a lot. My feelings and thoughts for this stuff just gets stronger and stronger. 

Any tips or thoughts? :)

Hi,

This is an extensive subject. I suspect that your mom and uncle could be quite a bit more helpful. Ignorance is not bliss in these matters.

Being young can be hard. They want to shield/protect you from getting into trougle I suspect. There are no quick tips about how the greater realities work, ha ha.

I like to encourage Self Discovery through meditative practices with your personal inner wisdom. You can not become self empowerted without that quidance.

John

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

When I was about 7 months pregnant, a man riding a bicycle passed in front of my house. I was just looking outside. All I know is that when I saw that man a huge weird feeling that he was going to die run thru all my body. It was a feeling that I can't describe. I even told my sister who was sat in the sofa with me. She looked at me like.... ok.... you are crazy! Weeks later that man died from a heart attack.... I felt so bad.... you know... that I knew.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Katzin said:

When I was about 7 months pregnant, a man riding a bicycle passed in front of my house. I was just looking outside. All I know is that when I saw that man a huge weird feeling that he was going to die run thru all my body. It was a feeling that I can't describe. I even told my sister who was sat in the sofa with me. She looked at me like.... ok.... you are crazy! Weeks later that man died from a heart attack.... I felt so bad.... you know... that I knew.

IDK why this happens. I had it happen to me back in the 80's. I was walking along a sidewalk and one of the pilots (military base) walked toward me to head for the office I had just left. I saluted him and he saluted me back and for an instant our eyes met and I KNEW he was as good as dead, he was a walking dead man. He looked back at me weird so I know I got a strange look on my face and no wonder. I was shocked, didn't know what to say, looked back at him, so I caught that look but we both went on. Two days later he crashed his jet. 

Why did I see that? Should I have done something? What in the world could I have done?

I have been very active into the occult and paranormal in my life, but these occasional what the heck moments still perplex me. I think this sort of thing is more often a case of a sort of accidental connection into some sort of cosmic network outside of time that we can catch something ahead of where we are in the timeline, for lack of a better model to understand it for myself. 

All I know to do about this memory is pray for him when it arises and remember. Some things just do not have answers. That is the hardest thing for me to accept sometimes.

BTW welcome to UM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I smell confirmation bias, smells like bacon.

Nah, now had I gone to my Dad's side when he was fading a year ago and said I had this feeling he was dying before it happened and then it happened so it's something odd for sure, maybe psychic, you would be right. He had cancer and it was the end. You should know me well enough to know I'd never say that in the first place.

But, I barely knew that officer. Had I not noted his name tag as we passed, I'd have had to think hard who he even was beyond one of the pilots I briefed daily back then. It was out of the blue, overwhelming and made absolutely no sense at all to hit me like that. I do not recall it happening before, ever. In the decades since, it has happened in far milder ways, but nothing like that. Just a sense and in many ways something one could guess so I do not count those times as being like the one weird bolt from nowhere of absolute conviction he was a dead man.

I think it was a glitch. Somehow I sensed it and saw it and it happened. Maybe anyone standing right where I was instead would have seen it in that one moment. It was not something I attribute to some ability, just abruptly I knew it as a fact unable to deny or explain. HOW I had no idea, it was not like that. 

Two days later he crashed his jet. 

It is what it is.

Did I know or was it coincidence? I think it was something in between and a glitch in the matrix, frankly.

JMO.

9 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Did I know or was it coincidence? I think it was something in between and a glitch in the matrix, frankly.

You know I don't buy into that stuff. The final time my grandmother was at the hospital my dad asked me what I thought (concerning her), told him she wasn't there. The machines were keeping her body alive. Wasn't exactly nice, but it just came out. I was right. 

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You know I don't buy into that stuff. The final time my grandmother was at the hospital my dad asked me what I thought (concerning her), told him she wasn't there. The machines were keeping her body alive. Wasn't exactly nice, but it just came out. I was right. 

Same with my Dad. I knew he was gone. Nothing weird about that. It is just sad and knowing bitter reality on the death of a loved one.

Walking down the street and getting this about a stranger exploding in your mind as if it was a flash (was very intense and clear as if it had already happened and I felt the shock of his death already) you know nothing about is very different, it did happen to me once, and I cannot explain it. Glitch works for me. I dunno what happened. But, it DID happen, buy into it or not. It was not a hunch, it was overwhelming and a shock and had me staring at the man as he walked by in confusion it was so intense. 

I can't even express how I felt when they announced the crash over the intercom. 

I think that for a moment I was feeling that reaction and knowledge of his death two days before he died, hence the confusion. A glitch. Time slip, maybe. IDK.

I remember being taken to my grandparents house when my,mom went into labor. Got really upset and crying about an hour or so after they left. Soon after they got a call from my dad, my brother died at birth. Even now I look at my father and it's as if a timer is counting down. 

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I remember being taken to my grandparents house when my,mom went into labor. Got really upset and crying about an hour or so after they left. Soon after they got a call from my dad, my brother died at birth. Even now I look at my father and it's as if a timer is counting down. 

I think there is a natural sense we have for our loved ones which can be stronger in some, perhaps they just are more aware of their feelings and in more control. My Mom was in bad shape when I packed her up and moved her here from Florida after dad died, but all she moaned and groaned throughout I feel better and better about her health, and damn if she did not just get an amazingly great report from her doctor this week confirming that she really was on the up and up and doing well for an 80 year old. So, it works both ways, but, really, given her age I honestly find this to be simply sensitivity and awareness maybe of each other's life energy in such close quarters or frequently together or emotionally bonded. An accident might be odd to sense but health state might be a normal thing we can sense for the most part. 

I honestly do not know, but, it can be there and I don't think that is psychic or something. I think it is natural. Could even be the L word.

(Love).