Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Hollow Earth Theory

stevemagegod

I think that the Hollow Earth theory could be true because of all of the old stories and Myths of are ancestors. They have clear descriptions of people going down into the underworld and meeting all of the Gods who rule their. Now even modern day science is starting to accept the possibility of a underworld where all of the these ancient Heroes Descend into the depths of the Earth and come out. Please post if you agree and any myths you have on the underworld would be great. Thanks

It is possible there is underground civilizations, but I really haven't seen any sign off it, or heard of heros coming from the ground recently. Maybe they all got wiped out??

See this link for why the Earth cannot be hollow ;) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seismic_wave

Now even modern day science is starting to accept the possibility of a underworld where all of the these ancient Heroes Descend into the depths of the Earth and come out.

Source please? :blink:

The myths you're referring to are in most cases inspired by caves and tunnels near Earth's surface. For instance, the underworld aspects of Maya mythology revolved heavily around a very real network of caves that still stretch beneath most of the ancient Maya world -- check it out for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_cave_sites

I think that the Hollow Earth theory could be true because of all of the old stories and Myths of are ancestors. They have clear descriptions of people going down into the underworld and meeting all of the Gods who rule their. Now even modern day science is starting to accept the possibility of a underworld where all of the these ancient Heroes Descend into the depths of the Earth and come out. Please post if you agree and any myths you have on the underworld would be great. Thanks

By the exact same logic, there are also any number of flying, multi-headed beasts cavorting about the planet, winged men all over the place, and a large number of very petulant people wandering around with dangerous super-powers like throwing lightening and super-strength.

--Jaylemurph

By the exact same logic, there are also any number of flying, multi-headed beasts cavorting about the planet, winged men all over the place, and a large number of very petulant people wandering around with dangerous super-powers like throwing lightening and super-strength.

--Jaylemurph

lol that was funny Jay. As much as I agree with you, which I do wholeheartedly, the OP really only needs educating, not a mocking welcome.

• Like 2

--Jaylemurph

Jayle! Despite my usual disgust to your posts, I have to fully agree with you this time. In my perception, adherence to Hollow Earth theory requires a Hollow Head as a pre-requisite. I am happy to find some common viewpoint with yourself, as this proves to me your head is not actually as hollow as I was thinking before. Thank you for this clarification.

First off, don't tell people to post only if they agree.

Secondly, all geological science proves that the earth is definitely not hollow. It is simply impossible.

• 4 weeks later...

Their are many accounts from all around the world with a underworld type of theme:

Jesus descending into Hell to release the souls sent their

Hercules went into the underworld to battle Hades

The famous Maya Hero Twins went into the underworld to save the world

Those are just some of the examples of the MANY MANY themes of the underworld. What else could the underworld be but a advanced civilization connected to Atlantis, Mu, and Lemuria.With Pyramids being on both sides of the Atlantic, similar structures like Stonehenge appearing ALL around the world and a Great Flood appearing in many mythologies across the world which destroyed Atlantis and caused it to sink beneath the sea which it has stayed their before the rise of civilizations like ancient Greece and Egypt. I believe the Gods of old came from the underworld which was another name for a HOLLOW EARTH.

Their are many accounts from all around the world with a underworld type of theme:

Those are just some of the examples of the MANY MANY themes of the underworld. What else could the underworld be but a advanced civilization connected to Atlantis, Mu, and Lemuria.With Pyramids being on both sides of the Atlantic, similar structures like Stonehenge appearing ALL around the world and a Great Flood appearing in many mythologies across the world which destroyed Atlantis and caused it to sink beneath the sea which it has stayed their before the rise of civilizations like ancient Greece and Egypt. I believe the Gods of old came from the underworld which was another name for a HOLLOW EARTH.

MYTHOLOGY

And Mu and Lemuria! You need to educate yourself a little more on these, they are even more unrealistic than Atlantis and there is not enough water on the planet to cause a global flood. And you need to grasp some basic geology----> hollow earth is physically impossible, it is a proven fact that it is not hollow.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

--Jaylemurph

See proof the Jedi exist. But you can't forget the great empire of the Mole People just below our feet, or the Jewish Hidden Kingdom run by the descendants of King David, or Tom Cruise's secret lair.

EA

First off, don't tell people to post only if they agree.

Secondly, all geological science proves that the earth is definitely not hollow. It is simply impossible.

....'face of utter dread'....."SO NO CREDIT FAIRY?!?!?!?!"

EA

I'm not saying I believe the "Hollow Earth' theory but there are some things about it that are very strange. For one thing, the famous Arctic explorer Richard Byrd firmly believed in it. He flew over the entrance, giving radio reports of his position all the way. He even came up missing on one of his flights and was gone for several days. When he showed up, he said that he had flown down into the hole and landed inside. The land inside was not frozen. He said he spent the time with the people that lived there. Another time he did the same thing on a flight over Antartica. He disappeared for several hours and said he had been visiting with these same people. Eskimos have legends that their ancestors came from the North. Above a certain point, birds fly North in the winter. Sometimes, in the spring, so much pollen blows South to turn the snow pack pink or blue. I don't know whether information on this has been supressed or just never carried out. KennyB

i just joined these forums but some of you guys have wild imaginations and your theories are far fetched lol but i guess your having fun.

I'm not saying I believe the "Hollow Earth' theory but there are some things about it that are very strange. For one thing, the famous Arctic explorer Richard Byrd firmly believed in it. He flew over the entrance, giving radio reports of his position all the way. He even came up missing on one of his flights and was gone for several days. When he showed up, he said that he had flown down into the hole and landed inside. The land inside was not frozen. He said he spent the time with the people that lived there. Another time he did the same thing on a flight over Antartica. He disappeared for several hours and said he had been visiting with these same people. Eskimos have legends that their ancestors came from the North. Above a certain point, birds fly North in the winter. Sometimes, in the spring, so much pollen blows South to turn the snow pack pink or blue. I don't know whether information on this has been supressed or just never carried out. KennyB

That is lies made up internet nuts, plenty of good information at Ohio State Universities website. And it is a fact that the Earth is not hollow (simple geology has proven this), the Arctic is a frozen ocean and water underneath so that hole idea is well out the window. Basically what you have there is a lot of rubbish made up cos some people don't think the world is ignorant enough. Oh and Byrd never flew to the north pole. This is accepted consensus (helped with his doctored flight log).

Oh just to add, hollow earth is not a theory.

OSU Admiral Byrd Collection

Edited by Mattshark

i just joined these forums but some of you guys have wild imaginations and your theories are far fetched lol but i guess your having fun.

NO noo nooo, see I'm making fun of silly impartial and nutty professor posts, and only throwing in my nickel when it comes to something that just isn't categorized.

EA

Mind giving some examples or sources of legends that inuit ancestors came from the north? I have never heard about them, despite having read a lot about their legends and myths.

Has any one else noticed that KennyB is probably quite literally insane?

I don't mean just this thread. The dude's just completely off the rails on any topic you can imagine.

Has any one else noticed that KennyB is probably quite literally insane?

I don't mean just this thread. The dude's just completely off the rails on any topic you can imagine.

That may be so, but you gotta admit, he plays a mean ukulele. :tu:

Hi steve.

It's dangerous (as in dangerously unreliable) to base theories off literal readings of mythology. Many myths may have a real-world root, but this root may not be literally what the myth describes.

Take your 'ancient cultures have underworld mythologies, therefore a real underworld exists' hypothesis. All theses mythologies date from the period when humans were burying their dead (or at least the bones of them).

Now, it's likely people didn't start burying their dead because there was an underworld, and it's a very bold assumption to suggest it was because they believed in an underworld. They may have held a Gaia-type belief and were returning the body to the source, so to speak, but it's more likely that the reason was practical (at least in it's inception).

A body is food for many animals, some of which are dangerous to be around. Burying that body would reduce the risk of attracting scavengers and predators.

Belief certainly is far older than our knowledge of human customs, and so I am not ruling out the burial of dead being, at least in part, initially motivated by belief, rather than being solely a practical exercise, but my point is that it is the burial of our dead (among other beliefs) that contributed to a belief in an underworld.

This belief in an underworld leads, inevitably, to underground realms etc and, voila! We have the modern 'hollow-earth hypothesis'.

Edited by Leonardo

The whole Hollow Earth thing completely ignores all that we do know about the nature of this planet. It is absolute bunk.

When people say that mythology is in part based on some grain of reality, it's usually not the far fetched part of that myth that they are talking about. It is the notable, but very down to earth part that gets embellished and built up on over time, making it an even grander tale than whatever inspired it.

In this case, the idea that myths involving hell, Hades, or some other realm being "below", are more likely to stem from the idea that the divine is ethereal and to be held "above" the earthly. In this context, it makes perfect sense for places like this to exist below the earth. I'm sure that there are plenty of other reasons besides, and none of them involve actual people living within the earth.

how many hollow earth threads does this one make now?

where's adamas/alexandros..the one who started the grand daddy of the holow earth threads??

how many hollow earth threads does this one make now?

where's adamas/alexandros..the one who started the grand daddy of the holow earth threads??

How many 2012 threads are there?

How many "I seriously found Atlantis all by myself (and it just happens to be where 23,102 other people found it [but they don't count])" threads are there?

How many "I alone have figured What's Really Going On" threads are there?

I mean, I understand perfectly well where you're coming from, but that just strikes me as a slippery slope to start down!

:lol:

--Jaylemurph