Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you had a gay relative ...

Blood_Sacrifice

If you had a gay relative  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Punished him cruelly, that would have redeemed the 'terrible monster' that resides inside him
    • Kicked him out of the house, disown him, and break any further communication with him for being such a 'filthy' human being
    • Take him to a doctor/psychologist/psychiatrist to cure the 'disease'' he is suffering from, but accept him (the person) wholeheartedly
    • Accept him and let him live his life accordingly because homosexuality is natural and normal

Well, I know you did not direct this question to me. However, I would like to shed my perception on it; I think we all are different, and each one of us has different liking and dislikes.

agreed , but odd how many if not most straight men are fine with lesbians but not with gay men. lol.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• Beckys_Mom

• Blood_Sacrifice

• Meiliken

Can I ask a question.

Do the homosexuals and lesbians here like the smell of the same sex?

Care simplifying ... ?

but overall it bugs me how heteros always complain about flamboyant gays flaunting it and shoving their sexuality in people's faces but yet never care about misogynistic neandrathal straight macho men who do the very same thing. very hypocritical if you ask me.

Personally, I would call it hypocritical only if they stop the male homosexuals but not the females - otherwise, what one prefers is their personal matter, as long as he/she isn't causing any harm to the person.

They make good DVD's?

lol

A thoroughly gross joke.

I would treat a gay relative just like I treat all my other relatives. Ignore them until we see each other at family functions....

I vote for best answer... cause I really don't like my sister in law's brother. he's a snob who judges people on their financial worth. ( has nothing to do with his sexuality. ).

true .. I'm just as guilty. I find it , to put it politely , unnerving , to see a big fat hairy sweaty guy with his shirt off . You know the kind . who put talc on under their man boobs ? usually at a ball game ... ugh... dude .. put a shirt on. I'm trying to eat my nacho's .

but it's not him ... it's me. He's fine with his sweaty hairy self.

LMAO! Yeah, I totally feel you there. I wish men and women who aren't chiseled would just leave their clothes on for everyone elses sake. :tu:

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

Why need to mock others insecurity. If someone is uncomfortable with the thought/concept of homosexuality, homosexuals, or flamboyancy, then let it be. I care the least what other people think of me as long as they are not causing me any harm.

I have no issues with neither heterosexual nor homosexual couples kissing or showing their affection to each other in public. I do have a problem with the demeanor and attitude of the flamboyant homosexuals who believe that them being homosexuals entitles them to shove people around, and then claim homophobia when those people shove back.

I reiterate, I have no issues whatsoever with homosexuals who are decent people. I do have issues with the flamboyant homosexuals, whom their very demeanor and attitude I find to be repulsive.

so when has a gay man shoved you around ?

is wanting equal rights shoving you around ?

have a link to a homosexual man shoving around a straight one ? beating him up because he was straight ?

just trying to clarify.

My question -

Do gay people like the smell of same sex partners?

Depends on if they ever wash themselves or not...or what deodorant they have on :lol:

agreed , but odd how many if not most straight men are fine with lesbians but not with gay men. lol.

Yeah, but I think we should respect their personal views, as long as they aren't causing anyone any harm, right?

I am irrationally afraid of lizards and hate them too, but feel nothing when cockroaches are around me. (Hope you get that analogy).

have a link to a homosexual man shoving around a straight one ? beating him up because he was straight ?

just trying to clarify.

I doubt it ripley

But see with these kind of threads, we always run into the odd one or two that will make wild clams and stand out from everyone else.....

Why need to mock others insecurity. If someone is uncomfortable with the thought/concept of homosexuality, homosexuals, or flamboyancy, then let it be. I care the least what other people think of me as long as they are not causing me any harm.

My intentions here are not to offend but I want to express why I'm against homosexuality as there are some strange ideas going around as to why people oppose it.

1. God says its evil.

2. Its against nature.

3. I believe they're people who have been damaged by negativity and as such I think they're mentally ill.

4. If I was to imagine myself in their position it seems wrong to me and the thought of it makes me feel sick.

Now I know some wont be happy that someone has them views but at least I've been honest. There you go.

My Church says I should shun them as they're corrupted by sin and dont follow the morals of ordinary people.

Are you saying that is wrong?

Yes, I am.

In the new testament, when asked by Pharisees, the chief religious sect of that day what was the greatest of the ten commandment in the Law, he answered:

Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.(Matthew 5:43)

By listening to your morally corrupt leaders instead of actually doing as the bible says, you are inadvertedly going against what your God has attempted to teach you.

Not necessarily so

It is necessarily so, by it's very definition.

On that way, we may find rationalization for every single thing.

Correct, since not everyone who holds views which are different than our own is automatically mentally ill.

I'm just wondering why you don't like flaming gay men , but butch lesbians are ok ... why is that ?

I have already answered this question a few posts ago. Butch lesbians and flamboyant homosexuals have a completely different demeanor and attitude, the former of which I find to be acceptable.

yet straight people flaunt their sexuality all the time !! everywhere ! by your mode of thinking why should I have to put up with that flaunting ?? I'm tired of straight people shoving their sexuality down my nose ! all the time !!

Heterosexuals are the vast majority, homosexuals are not. Both have to respect each other's wishes as much as possible, but the homosexuals have to be extra flexible in that regard.

An atheist buying a home in a religious neighbourhood will have to accommodate himself to their needs and wishes if he wants to live there peacefully, and vice versa.

a source of pride that makes them better than everyone else ?? lmao .. dude that's your insecurity showing.

I find flamboyant homosexuals to be repulsive with their attitude and behavior. It has nothing to do with insecurity or any such non-sense.

I dislike your demeanor and attitude ? should we say you should be kept hidden at home ?

No, you can simply stop replying to my posts and be done with it. Which is exactly what I tend to do with flamboyant homosexuals, ignore them.

Yeah, but I think we should respect their personal views, as long as they aren't causing anyone any harm, right?

I am irrationally afraid of lizards and hate them too, but feel nothing when cockroaches are around me. (Hope you get that analogy).

i get it, you are calling lesbians cockroaches

Depends on if they ever wash themselves or not...or what deodorant they have on :lol:

Lets reword it.

Are gay people those attracted to same sex phermones.

Can I ask a question.

Do the homosexuals and lesbians here like the smell of the same sex?

while I can't answer that because I don't have a sense of smell ........ my ex loved how I smelled. the human scent isn't delegated to sexuality either. I know many straight women that love the smell of other women and men who like manly smells.

Yes, I am.

In the new testament, when asked by Pharisees, the chief religious sect of that day what was the greatest of the ten commandment in the Law, he answered:

By listening to your morally corrupt leaders instead of actually doing as the bible says, you are inadvertedly going against what your God has attempted to teach you.

EXACTLY..that is exactly it....and what happens to those that go against god word?

Yes, I am.

You can't take excerts from the bible and reinvent their meaning to suit your reply.

Love your neighbours has nothing to do with this topic.

As I have already stated numerous times before, I have no issue with homosexuals as long as they are decent people, according to my moral standards.

See reply above.

'Shoving around' can manifest itself in other forms besides a physical one.

Lets reword it.

Are gay people those attracted to same sex phermones.

I knew what you meant....I was taking the mickey LMAO

Do you even understand your own bible? Love thy neighbor means everyone........

thy brother..sister...mom..dad...cousin.....friends (if you have any lol)...anyone...

yes and it means love them for them...

EXACTLY..that is exactly it....and what happens to those that go against god word?

They go to hell. :lol:

You can't take excerts from the bible and reinvent their meaning to suit your reply.

If you care to show how the verse was taken out of context, be my guest.

Sure it does.

It goes to some length at showing that what mattered to Christ the most was that people always respect and love each other, even if they are each others enemies.

By taking the word of some morally corrupt religious leader or a much later included verses written by several individuals over a number of centuries over the word of Christ, you are condemning yourself to eternal suffering.

Edited by Denisius

'PhoeniXof_Hades' I like you.....but I wish you had not have started this thread...its just, there are too many threads like this that attract all kinds of people that will show hate and ignorance......that train is never late...sigh Edited by Beckys_Mom