Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whats the name of this alien movie?

isshintaichou

I hope it isn't the mcpherson tape cause we had enough topics about it :P

So a few years ago, there was this movie on tv right (on dutch television).

And it was similar to the mcpherson tape as in; it was like a homevideo

A family was gathered in a livingroom, nothing ordinary, when suddenly they hear a high pitch noise.

It kept getting worse as everyone had to cover their ears and panicked, then suddenly it stopped.

They hear something upstairs so a few of them went upstairs to take a look.

I forgot most of the movie, but i do remember a small sized alien being trapped in a room by one of those people that put this drawer closet (i dunno how to call it) in front of the door where the alien was in.

This alien used a beam to escape from that room (im not sure if he used some kind of weapon or just his finger/hand).

The people in that house tried to escape, went outside to their car but found out that their car was sabotaged and couldn't use it.

Thats all i remember. The movie seemed so realistic and i wanna see it again, i just don't know what the name was as it was like 5 years ago.

Hope someone recognize this.

Edited by isshintaichou

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• isshintaichou

• Paranormalcy

• rassy

• Wookietim

I'm pretty sure that actually IS the McPhearson tapes. I knew the movie was fake but I enjoyed watching it anyways. It's worth another watch if you liked it. It's really well done for an amateur, in my opinion.

Thanks for your reply, i'll try to find a download so i can be sure.

It sounds like the same plot as Incident at/in Lake County I think it's called? Is that those tapes? I think it is. I watched that, it was funny but actually, for what it was, I thought it was pretty well done, a different kind of approach and style to film making - if I recall, it may have been very vaguely based on the Hopkinsville encounter. I recognized the older brother in the movie from some other show or movie but couldn't place him.

Thanks, im downloading Incident in Lake County right now, i couldn't find the mcpherson tape yet.

I might have to try a bit harder, or maybe it isn't out on the net since its a "tape"

I'll leave a comment here after i've seen it (download isn't very active right now, so it might take a while)

Seriously though, what you described is nearly verbatim from "Incident", and it did seem to have the production values of a poorly funded TV movie, so I can't imagine what else it could be, as this is more or less the same quality and flow as a documentary.

Yes, thanks for your reply.

I've just finished watching "Incident in Lake County" and it must be the same movie i've seen years ago.

There's a few threads about the mcpherson tape on UM, some with youtube or other site links showing some sort of trailer/news video sample, where you see 1 of the family members carrying an "alien".

That must be from the original tape, cause it wasn't in the remake.

All in all, thanks for helping me out Paranormalcy :tu:

I hope it isn't the mcpherson tape cause we had enough topics about it :P

So a few years ago, there was this movie on tv right (on dutch television).

And it was similar to the mcpherson tape as in; it was like a homevideo

A family was gathered in a livingroom, nothing ordinary, when suddenly they hear a high pitch noise.

It kept getting worse as everyone had to cover their ears and panicked, then suddenly it stopped.

They hear something upstairs so a few of them went upstairs to take a look.

I forgot most of the movie, but i do remember a small sized alien being trapped in a room by one of those people that put this drawer closet (i dunno how to call it) in front of the door where the alien was in.

This alien used a beam to escape from that room (im not sure if he used some kind of weapon or just his finger/hand).

The people in that house tried to escape, went outside to their car but found out that their car was sabotaged and couldn't use it.

Thats all i remember. The movie seemed so realistic and i wanna see it again, i just don't know what the name was as it was like 5 years ago.

Hope someone recognize this.

Yeah, it sounds like McPherson... also broadcast in the US as "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County"... I actually quite liked it. It was a few years ahead of it's time considering that "Blair Witch" was still to come (or behind the times, depending on which side of the Atlantic you watch it from... "Ghostwatch" in the UK had done the same idea a couple years before). And the fact that UPN (Which was what originally broadcats it here) did it right - they kept a straight face and broadcast it as "real", which sort of helped up the creepy factor on it helped quite a bit.