Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama agenda gets a lift with F-22 win

ninjadude

Obama agenda gets a lift with F-22 win

By: David Rogers and Jen DiMascio

July 21, 2009 09:09 PM EST

Tuesday’s strong Senate vote to halt production of the F-22 fighter breathes new life into Pentagon procurement reforms and provides a much needed boost for President Barack Obama’s larger change agenda.

linked-imageRead more...

Maybe now we can get some of the other changes done to the Pentagon.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wickian

• The Silver Thong

• AROCES

• ninjadude

Top Posters In This Topic

The United States and it's military buget blows the roof of of any bail out. To see the military scale back is great as long as it doesn't put the guys and gals on the ground in danger. Better yet pick and choose better were to put boots on the ground.

The F-22 is an outstanding plane but one that is not needed at the moment, at least not in mass production.

Our current fighters are way superior to any out there. No need for this for now, but I will not totally kill the program just in case.

Maybe now we can get some of the other changes done to the Pentagon.

Oh yes, that would be good. Interesting side note: Did you know that the initial price of the F-22 was closer to 25-30 million? The mess that we call the Pentagon somehow inflated the price to the current 145 million (ish. I can't remember the actual figures). I read an interesting article in this past weekend's edition of the wall street journal explaining that military equipment should not cost this much, if only the Pentagon would stop putzing around and take notice.

On a side note, the F-22 is a very impressive plane. I saw one fly at the Oshkosh Airshow in Wisconsin last summer. My god that plane is cool.

I would like to see America become a country again instead of an Empire. Then we wouldn't have to give so much money to so many places either.

I would like to see America become a country again instead of an Empire. Then we wouldn't have to give so much money to so many places either.

I have mixed feelings about this. The F-22 is a beautiful peice of machinery. On the other hand, the expense and maintainance is horrid.

If it is a part of change in U.S. policy to stop dabbling in everyone else's affairs, then I fully support it.