Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO leaves "smoking gun" in desert

News-Bot

Posted By Crosis on Saturday, November 16 2002

Subject: UFO leaves "smoking gun" in desert

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Reuters) - In trying to unravel a mystery that may involve the war of the worlds, cable TV's SCI FI Chanel has turned to a group of educated men and women with shovels and set them loose on the southern New Mexico desert.

In an effort to verify once and for all whether a UFO crash-landed in New Mexico more than 50 years ago, the cable TV channel sent a team of archaeologists to conduct an in-depth study of the legendary crash site.

Click Here To Read The Complete Article......

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• SpaceyKC

• Druss

• Bizarro

If this adventure turns up new evidence, I bet other stations will be fighting for the film! ;)

The Sci Fi channel involved in a proper investigation. I wonder.

Once bitten by the Mazehouse twice shy.

Well you gotta hand it to them to think of going to the site of the first impact. What the Air Force didn't take away years ago, at the actuall crash site, was certaily snatched up by tourists and amature investigators.

:mrgreen:

That's extremely unlikely, there was far more substance to what was discovered in the miles of sand on that program then they'll ever hope to 'discover' among the miles of catus and tumbleweeds in New Mexico. I agree with Druss, it's doubtful the SciFi channel will concern itself with credible, accurate reporting. All you need do to convince yourself of that is to watch some of the laughingly 'authentic' and badly staged and/or hoaxed 'video' spots that they run on TV and their web site. Worse yet, "Crossing Over". :P

Although pre-release reviews of the program are mostly discouraging - no big surprise - there is this intriguing photo taken during the Roswell dig that supposedly shows a UFO;

http://www.rense.com/general32/caught.htm

Be aware that this page must be taking a huge amount of hits currently, so it may not load on the first try. Keep trying, or wait until later when traffic dies down.

Magikman

im very skeptical of these type of photos. they are just of that "too good to be true" variety. it kind of looks like they were setting up a possible ad for UNM's website or something. i also am quite skeptical of the shape of these type of UFOs- they just seem like a UFO made up for its easy to fake qualities. how many people really see these 'flying dash marks' in the sky anyways? why are they always at that exact distance where they appear as a sideways dash in the sky- floating menacingly in the distance? FAKED...

Kinda of amazing that, as I was just reading this thread, I saw, for the first time, the preview of the show which airs tonight at 8:00, followed by The Abduction Diaries, which I've been waiting to see.

Guest InfinityKey

I don't have the SciFi channel, so would someone please summarize the main points of SciFi's archeological dig?

Did they find anything new?

DRUSS wrote:

Once bitten by the Mazehouse twice shy.

image oh how true :s1

No, the program basically rehashed old information, with the addition of a couple innocuous 'first hand' accounts from questionable sources. The main problem I had with the show was who the Sci-Fi channel chose as their lead expert investigator, Don Schmitt. Although he has been involved with promoting the Roswell incident for years, his credibility among his peers in the paranormal field is nil. He had been associated with paranormal author and investigator Kevin Randall, until an expose conducted by OMNI magazine in 1998 proved Schmitt to be a fraud. His claims about a nurse being involved in one of the alien's autopsies was totally fabricated, as was most of his other, more sensational revelations. Here are a couple links that give a little more detail about Schmitt;

http://www.martiansgohome.com/smear/v42/ss951010.htm#schmitt

http://www.martiansgohome.com/smear/v46/ss990215.htm

The 'smoking gun' evidence concerns the Ramey memo. There is a picture of General Ramey showing news photographers pieces of a weather balloon being touted as the misidentified UFO. Ramey holds a document in the photo, which has supposedly been transcribed using modern technology. Controversial words like 'disk' and 'victims' apparently could be interpreted from a highly magnified version of that memo. The producers never offered the viewers a close look at what researchers had to work with, but follow the link below and you may understand why;

The document is a very large image file (2mb), so the page will take awhile to load

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/8827/linbylin.html

The program relies on the interpretation of only one man as to what was deciphered from this document, hardly an objective, scientific approach. Surprisingly, Kevin Randall offers a more detailed, credible analysis of the document here;

http://beyondpublications.tripod.com/ufo/id20.html

All in all the program was a disappointment, hugely sensational and little more than a promotional device for it's upcoming mini-series. Not that a channel with 'fiction' in its name would be all that concerned about facts anyway, I guess.

Magikman

Thanks for that assessment Magik. Based on the channels previous attempts at supposed factual investigations this was what was expected.

:)