Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which ghost movie you liked ?

Angad Kripa Khanna

The Changeling and High Plains Drifter.

Do you mean the original Changeling with George C. Scott? That is my all time favorite ghost movie. It is elegantly done with a no cheap scare tricks or gore. It is just good writing, acting, and directing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranormalcy

• WoIverine

• Meiliken

• 69dinner42

Try The Innocents (1961) and The Haunting (1963).

Also another rarely seen film is The Haunting of Julia aka Full Circle (1977). Very creepy haunting finish. But no DVD yet and it is rarely shown on television.

British television has a lil atmospheric gem with one good "scare" called The Woman in Black (1989), I found that scare more creepy than um scary.

Not necessarily a ghost movie more like a psychic horror movie is Don't Look Now (1973).

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_films" target="_blank">Visit My Website</a>

Which on e???

AG89

There has been exactly one "Ghost" movie that I can watch over and over and be scared by every single time : Stanley Kubricks "The Shining". For my money it's the scariest movie ever made.

2nd Stir of Echoes.

What about "Ghost"? Patrick Swayze's beautifully man quaffed hair.

Whoopi Goldberg doing her best Whoopi Goldberg impression.

Demi...oh Demi, yes. Is doubleplusgood.

ETA: The dude in the train station in Ghost terrified me as a kid...

Edited by Paul Noise

I've never seen 13 Ghosts but I liked the Sixth Sense and House on Haunted Hill.

Oh, Oh, one movie that I always loved watching was House (not the TV show)

Edited by Lat

Almost any that has been marketed as such a ghost story, total fiction or "based on true events".

An American Haunting was weak in places but a good movie treatment of the Bell Witch. I liked The Entity, supposedly about a poltergeist, and the movie Poltergeist, and House on Haunted Hill (?) with Liam Neeson, Owen Wilson and Catherine Zeta Jones and others.

You just listed my fav ghost movies

An American Haunting was good...but a bit freaky ..the scene where the girl is lifted in mid air and her face being slapped ...that was just creepy

Poltergiest is a classic

The Others is another good one

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_films" target="_blank">Visit My Website</a>

Which on e???

AG89

In recent years the only two that have really stood out are The Others and El Orfanato (The Orphanage).

I guess some of the Asian flicks are good too like The Eye and A Tale of Two Sisters-oh and I'm referring to the originals, not the American versions. :-)