Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Cosby's Highly Controversial Statement

ExpandMyMind

I agree with him. It's happening with the white and Hispanic and other communities, too, though.

And it's true that black people in America aren't any more African than White Americans are European. When you have had ancestors of white, Native American, and in some cases Asian and Hispanic descent mingled throughout your family tree, then you are no longer just one race.

Also, everone's morals are sliding down the slippery slope and standards are SO LOW. It's like, "Do whatever you want, that's fine! It's okay to have kids with 5 different guys. It's okay to date guys who are career criminals. It's okay to sleep with everyone you see!"

I have heard of children named Alize (black child) and Mystique (white child). Won't be too much of a leap to name the second child Hypnotiq or Mercury.

The bottom line is, people don't care anymore. They are just getting dumber and number to it with each generation. Ignorance abounds, and the world revels in it. :cry::(

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kimi81

• conspiracybeliever

• ExpandMyMind

• The Silver Thong

I agree with him. It's happening with the white and Hispanic and other communities, too, though.

And it's true that black people in America aren't any more African than White Americans are European. When you have had ancestors of white, Native American, and in some cases Asian and Hispanic descent mingled throughout your family tree, then you are no longer just one race.

Also, everone's morals are sliding down the slippery slope and standards are SO LOW. It's like, "Do whatever you want, that's fine! It's okay to have kids with 5 different guys. It's okay to date guys who are career criminals. It's okay to sleep with everyone you see!"

I have heard of children named Alize (black child) and Mystique (white child). Won't be too much of a leap to name the second child Hypnotiq or Mercury.

The bottom line is, people don't care anymore. They are just getting dumber and number to it with each generation. Ignorance abounds, and the world revels in it. :cry::(

:yes:Girl I agree with everything you said, in our generation people(80's kids) of all races are behaving this way. The race barrier is fading more and more as time goes by. All of my friends of every race like Rap music and other things once thought only black people enjoyed.Sterotypes are being broken down left and right in our generation. A few of my White Girlfriends have several baby daddies, and so do some of my black and hispanic friends. Race is really not a factor anymore, our whole generation is becoming void on morals. I think we are a lot more open mined than our parents but our ethics and morals are lacking when it comes to a lot of other issues.

:yes:Girl I agree with everything you said, in our generation people(80's kids) of all races are behaving this way. The race barrier is fading more and more as time goes by. All of my friends of every race like Rap music and other things once thought only black people enjoyed.Sterotypes are being broken down left and right in our generation. A few of my White Girlfriends have several baby daddies, and so do some of my black and hispanic friends. Race is really not a factor anymore, our whole generation is becoming void on morals. I think we are a lot more open mined than our parents but our ethics and morals are lacking when it comes to a lot of other issues.

you are right about the ethics and morals. the thing is, much of all music-not just rap music is promoting bad morals and ethics. as a principle we should surround ourselves with decent stuff and get away from all things that promote garbage.

How refreshing to hear this. It'll be interesting to see what characters argue with him.

42 posts and nobody blamed rap music...

i never saw music as any issues.. however.. it I were.. I would blame it all on flavor flav for starting the mtv shows.. flavor flav.. daisy of love.. rock of love (is that the name?)... on and I blame all the worlds problems on flavor flav cuz he gave New York (the woman, not the state)

i agree with him TO A POINT.

one also needs to consider that this phenomena of tanking standards

is a result of the "dumbing down" of our school systems

due to deliberate and systematic budget cuts.

some of these parents don't have decent educations either.

you have to know something is wrong

to do something about it.

it's a very sad cycle.

(sigh)

Anyone in this thread complaining he's being racist towards white people

Nah, you get used to it, it comes with the territory,

Day in day out, if you're white you're judged to be a racist, in the end you become the stereotypical white racist.

It's a vicious cycle with no end in sight... it's a white thing black/latino people just don't understand or 'get it'

Ain't nothing but a racist fool, I ain't selling out and becoming a wigger..though no way...

is a result of the "dumbing down" of our school systems

due to deliberate and systematic budget cuts.

Bull-hockey.

Oh, I agree with the 'dumbing down' of school systems, but to state you need a huge budget to educate kids is ridiculous.

Since Bill Cosby was probably making a speech to predominantly black people, it makes sense for him to be directing all his comments at black people. I'm sure anyone can recognize that this kind of thing happens in every race.

I once worked in a place where I was the only (poor-as-dirt) white girl from the suburbs. The rest of the workers were black girls from the inner city. Their attitudes toward life in general was so skewed I almost couldn't believe they were real.

I just get sick of these people, the one in a million, or whatever the real numbers are, that make it to the top and then sit there in their mansions and criticize everyone, the other 999,999 that didn't. We aren't all scholars. We don't all have the talent to make it to the top in the entertainment field. We aren't all the same. THANK GOD!! Maybe Bill should be criticizing all those corporate criminals right now? Pick on them for a while. Maybe if they weren't stealing so much there would be enough for all those people he is criticizing. And Kim is right. That's all I've heard from Bill Cosby in years is his tirades about the black community. Talk about forgetting where you came from. I think Bill needs to retire to his mansion and shut his mouth. I don't think he has a clue anymore. He's an actor and commedian. His opinion is just that, his opinion. Nothing more.

I just get sick of these people, the one in a million, or whatever the real numbers are, that make it to the top and then sit there in their mansions and criticize everyone, the other 999,999 that didn't. We aren't all scholars. We don't all have the talent to make it to the top in the entertainment field. We aren't all the same. THANK GOD!! Maybe Bill should be criticizing all those corporate criminals right now? Pick on them for a while. Maybe if they weren't stealing so much there would be enough for all those people he is criticizing. And Kim is right. That's all I've heard from Bill Cosby in years is his tirades about the black community. Talk about forgetting where you came from. I think Bill needs to retire to his mansion and shut his mouth. I don't think he has a clue anymore. He's an actor and commedian. His opinion is just that, his opinion. Nothing more.

It doesn't take a scholar to speak properly.

Bill has just as much right to speak his mind as anyone else. His podium is just taller and his mic is a little louder. He 's trying to create a trickle up effect not a trickle down. He wants the black youth to strive for more and better themselves. He's telling the young black community to pick up there heals and there is nothing wrong with that. As far as the rich bankers go and all the money being tossed around we can probably all agree that greed has no color or bias, Greed is greed.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Anyone in this thread complaining he's being racist towards white people seems to have gotten it backwards.

He seems to be criticizing his own black community for being culturally decadent and corrupt.

And he's right.

:rolleyes:Ok, here we go......who the hell are you to judge the entire Black community? We are living in immoral and corrupt times, and it's taking place with all races, not just the black community. Just because you see some stuff on TV or have a few "black friends" does not make you an expert or authority on an entire race of people, you are in the same boat with Cosby, put I contribute his ignorant racist tirades to old age and ignorance. What's you're excuse?

Bill has just as much right to speak his mind as anyone else. His podium is just taller and his mic is a little louder. He 's trying to create a trickle up effect not a trickle down. He wants the black youth to strive for more and better themselves. He's telling the young black community to pick up there heals and there is nothing wrong with that. As far as the rich bankers go and all the money being tossed around we can probably all agree that greed has no color or bias, Greed is greed.

It's not just Black youth though ST, it's youth in general. My little sister went to an all white high scool in a good neighborhood and she had 20 girls in her junior class get pregnant. Drug use and all these type of other things are becoming more widespread and rampant around the Country period, people want to close they're eyes and think these things are only taking place in the "ghetto", and all the while they have no idea that they're white teenage boy's are sagging there jeans, listening to Rap and smoking weed just like "black kids" are doing. Racial barriers are changing and a lot of white suburban teens idiolize these rappers and the life styles they glorify just as much as black and latino kids do.

[/b]It's not just Black youth though ST, it's youth in general. My little sister went to an all white high scool in a good neighborhood and she had 20 girls in her junior class get pregnant. Drug use and all these type of other things are becoming more widespread and rampant around the Country period, people want to close they're eyes and think these things are only taking place in the "ghetto", and all the while they have no idea that they're white teenage boy's are sagging there jeans, listening to Rap and smoking weed just like "black kids" are doing. Racial barriers are changing and a lot of white suburban teens idiolize these rappers and the life styles they glorify just as much as black and latino kids do.

Oh I agree his message is universal but he was addressing the black community. I see white punks all the time and well they don't garner much attention here as most people look and role there eye's. The culture kids are growing up in this day and age is so different that it makes me so glad I was born in 1972 LOL

:rolleyes:Ok, here we go......who the hell are you to judge the entire Black community?

i think you, as have many who have replied, missed the point...

edit - as the silver one has just explained to you.

and just for the record cosby is in no way a racist for saying these things... many of the black youth are destroying an entire culture and you don't need to take my, or his word for it, statistics speak for themselves...

At midyear 2008, there were 4,777 black male inmates per 100,000 black males held in state and federal prisons and local jails, compared to 1,760 Hispanic male inmates per 100,000 Hispanic males and 727 white male inmates per 100,000 white males.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/prisons.htm

Edited by expandmymind

first bill cosby is right, and it's not just black kids, all kids are just IDIOTS. kids have always been idiots but now it's really bad because the parents are allowing this behavoir from their kids. parents are more worried about their kids being cool then their kids being smart and going to college and getting a good job. i think that's what bill cosby was trying to say. the bill cosby show is one of the best shows ever. but on the other hand bill cosby is an old guy and old people will always complain about the kids. but the old people actually have something worth complaining about now.

Ok, so what point was missed, I just get so sick of people looking down and judging the black community all the time when most of them have no idea what is going on in our community. Black youth have issues but so do white, latino and every other community of kid's coming up these days. What Cosby said could easlily relate to any community these days because drug use, teenage pregnacy, drop outs.....all of those things are happening in the suburbs and upper class communities as well, not just in the ghetto.

Ok, so what point was missed, I just get so sick of people looking down and judging the black community all the time when most of them have no idea what is going on in our community. Black youth have issues but so do white, latino and every other community of kid's coming up these days. What Cosby said could easlily relate to any community these days because drug use, teenage pregnacy, drop outs.....all of those things are happening in the suburbs and upper class communities as well, not just in the ghetto.

To be honest I don't know a lot of black people and the black community here isn't that large. I think I'm more critical towards white people as I see white trash every damn day and it's disgusting to see the way some people live and think. When someone speaks out against a race here it's 90 % of the time about white people or bad white communities. I have been pretty fortunate to have lived with out experiencing racisim first hand so to speak. You can say thats because I'm white but thats not quit right either.

first bill cosby is right, and it's not just black kids, all kids are just IDIOTS. kids have always been idiots but now it's really bad because the parents are allowing this behavoir from their kids. parents are more worried about their kids being cool then their kids being smart and going to college and getting a good job. i think that's what bill cosby was trying to say. the bill cosby show is one of the best shows ever. but on the other hand bill cosby is an old guy and old people will always complain about the kids. but the old people actually have something worth complaining about now.

:tsu: Yes!!! Thank you, you nailed it!!!

That is all I've been trying to say, I knew this thread would quickly become a place for people to come in here and dump off their racial sterotypes, knowing full well they have never stepped foot in the ghetto, and never would. Cosby is old and out of touch, there are truths to what he said but he's been going off on these rants to the black community for quite some time now, he is another person who hasn't the slightest idea what's going on beyond his mansion :rolleyes: These things apply to youth in general not just black kids, it seems to me that white parents have no idea the way they're kids idealise rappers and the hip hop lifesyle in general. Middle America will continue to bury their heads in the sand and think this stuff is only happening in the "hood" but the times they are a changin :tu:

Ok, so what point was missed, I just get so sick of people looking down and judging the black community all the time when most of them have no idea what is going on in our community.

i made a quick edit to my comment you could check out and there was also a post i made in the first page of this thread which adressed the fact that no-one is arguing against there being plenty of other cases similar to this... but as an aged black man who has lived through different times, he has every right to speak of what he sees as the youth destroying what he and others sweated blood for.

Edited by expandmymind

well, to put it graphic:

It ain't what the kid seez, nor how he seez it... it is that the kid has to be educated enough to earn his keep and be able to put money away for retirement. And that, as the Africans say, takes a village to accomplish. Not so long ago even kids of underperforming parents were capable of doing well... but that was before everybody only thought of himself. Since the motto is "enrich yourself" instead of "don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" we have regressed to the 16th century, with an uneducated plebs doing menial work.

edit - as the silver one has just explained to you.

and just for the record cosby is in no way a racist for saying these things... many of the black youth are destroying an entire culture and you don't need to take my, or his word for it, statistics speak for themselves...

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/prisons.htm

Ok, these are interesting statistics, but all they prove is that black men are arrested more than other nationalities.

Now I will ask you, besides reading statistics and watching things on TV, have you ever been to a black community personally, or done anything to give you first hand knowledge on the subject besides watching the news and reading statistics? Also, are black youths the only one's on the path to destruction? Suburban teens are using drugs, dropping out of school, and getting pregnant at a much higher rate as well. While you are searching for statistics you might want to include those as well. Or is the black community to blame for that as well? :rolleyes:

Ok, these are interesting statistics, but all they prove is that black men are arrested more than other nationalities.

Now I will ask you, besides reading statistics and watching things on TV, have you ever been to a black community personally, or done anything to give you first hand knowledge on the subject besides watching the news and reading statistics? Also, are black youths the only one's on the path to destruction? Suburban teens are using drugs, dropping out of school, and getting pregnant at a much higher rate as well. While you are searching for statistics you might want to include those as well. Or is the black community to blame for that as well? :rolleyes:

you're still missing the point. read my post near the beginning of this thread and you'll see my opinion. your getting your knickers in a twist for nothing kim.

Not really. He's blaming an entire race.

He didn't say "We cannot blame certain white people any longer."

People like this guy, who people look up to or at least, used to look up to. Who keep us stagnant with thoughts like this.

Except, Cosby has finally decided that White people aren't to blame for this new culture. Shock horror.

---

But the guy is right, up until his last lil' paragraph of the gangsta culture that spreads through the western world. But, what culture hasn't acted like this before? And where are they now?

Mods and the Rockers, for instance.

i apologise greyweather, i totally got the wrong end of the stick. i though you were referring to his comments about black people, not the 'white man' comment.

sorry.

I agree, but it's not just black people.

I think you find people like the ones he is railing against in every race.

Standards are tanking, and everyone pays for it.

agreed.