Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Cosby's Highly Controversial Statement

ExpandMyMind

Just curious, which race is Pee Green again?

Don't be silly!! Why, just 'bout everyone knows that the moon is made of green cheese! So, it's obvious that the people who are pea green are descended from the Man in the Moon!! :yes:

Edited by Eternal Light

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kimi81

• conspiracybeliever

• ExpandMyMind

• The Silver Thong

I also think Bill Cosby is right. 100%.

Just curious, which race is Pee Green again?

They come from a planet whos name I cant spell :P

They come from a planet whos name I cant spell :P

Well good, if they're that uncommon that you can't remember where they're from then I can use the "pee-green" slur without worrying about offending someone.

Well good, if they're that uncommon that you can't remember where they're from then I can use the "pee-green" slur without worrying about offending someone.

:lol: go for it, let me know how that works out for you ;)

He's right and hes wrong, its not a race issue at all, its a generation issue. There are generations of kids from all races, countries and social classes growing up with their pants around their knees, making babies with what ever will let them, and speaking what can be at best described as butchered english.

My take on it is that he's telling people that when they allow themselves to look and act like loosers, thats how they will be percieved. White, black, pee green and wrinkled, if you dont have enough self respect to dress and act like you want to suceed, then you have only yourself to blame when you fail.

What I get out of it is that race maybe the issue for some it's really not. As he is referring to Black Americans not Africans. So he is decided in his point that there should not be a correlation between the two. African American is not a very good term IMO as it is a miss representation of the truth. Calling blacks African Americans is a way of saying yes my great great great grand daddy was a slave that was stolen from Africa. The use of the term African American indicates a spacial status. In using such terms I would have to call myself a Scottish, Irish, Canadian. Why use such terms. There really is no reason to announce that you are of any race in using an identifier in a name is there. I don't go around saying I'm a European Canadian.

He's talking about young people. Can they just be young and express themselves the way they want to before they become "successful"? Why is the focus always on how much money you can make? But I guess that's the way it is. You're worth whatever dollar amount you have in the bank.

He's talking about young people. Can they just be young and express themselves the way they want to before they become "successful"? Why is the focus always on how much money you can make? But I guess that's the way it is. You're worth whatever dollar amount you have in the bank.

I don't think money is the issue here. Nor is it just young people. I was a young person once that watched the Cosby show now I'm not so young. Bill has seen youths grow into adulthood and I think he noticed something funny 20 years ago. The wanna be gang bangers, which means most, usually have no money and do it just for the image. I hear the punks at work (in the warehouse) talk like gang bangers but still live at home with mom and they whine that they need new shoes LOL. We have punk kids here that buy a $ 500.00 Honda Prelude and put a $ 1000.00 spoiler on it with a $ 400.00 muffler that sounds like crap. Did I mention as long as the bass is playing in the car the music doesn't matter. THUMP THUMP THUMP as you wait at a red light and look over and think what the F is wrong with you.

i don't think that other cultures and races are in question here (for example some of what he says could be said about scottish neds, english chavs, white american's who think they're black, polish thugs and some australian aboriginies to name but a small few). the point being made is from his very own perspective, about his very own people. black people fought tooth in nail to get the rights that they deserved, something he watched and no doubt participated in himself, and the next generation has just crapped all over their hard work. they have almost ruined everything that so many fought and even died for, trampling their own name through the mud and bill cosby has every right to give them a kick up the backside... in my opinion.

I completely agree with this - and what Bill Cosby said. Just because someone makes mistakes in their personal life, doesn't make what they say automatically invalid, especially if it's the truth.

If that was the case, we should be disregarding quotes and literature from pretty much every human in history, since no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. I don't condone what he did (if indeed he did do it, and it's not cases of people trying to suck money out of wealthy entertainers), but that doesn't mean I can't recognize the truth in his words.

Not really. He's blaming an entire race.

He didn't say "We cannot blame certain white people any longer."

People like this guy, who people look up to or at least, used to look up to. Who keep us stagnant with thoughts like this.

Except, Cosby has finally decided that White people aren't to blame for this new culture. Shock horror.

I didn't take from that sentence that HE, personally, has been blaming the "White Man" for the difficulties they've had/have.

I took it as him stating that as a culture in general, many Black people do blame the Whites (or whatever politically correct terms don't offend the majority of people :rolleyes: ) for their 'difficulties', and that, as a culture, they need to stop doing so, and take a look at themselves.

And I believe that expendmymind was taking it that way, also......

Edited by FairyJosie24

this new image i have now decided to call

look at me, culture

And when you look it's

***FACEPALM***

But these idiots dont get it. :no:

Edited by chemical-licker

I don't think money is the issue here. Nor is it just young people. I was a young person once that watched the Cosby show now I'm not so young. Bill has seen youths grow into adulthood and I think he noticed something funny 20 years ago. The wanna be gang bangers, which means most, usually have no money and do it just for the image. I hear the punks at work (in the warehouse) talk like gang bangers but still live at home with mom and they whine that they need new shoes LOL. We have punk kids here that buy a $ 500.00 Honda Prelude and put a $ 1000.00 spoiler on it with a $ 400.00 muffler that sounds like crap. Did I mention as long as the bass is playing in the car the music doesn't matter. THUMP THUMP THUMP as you wait at a red light and look over and think what the F is wrong with you.

LOL! right on! We have the same thing here in FL (it's rampant, everywhere you look), since the majority of our state is now Hispanic, and that's what their males do alot of (here at least). That's funny man, you were 100% correct. I could never figure out the car thing...I always said...if you want a sports car, save your money and buy a damned sports car, don't convert a family sedan-ish car into one! Retards, it's so lame. I hate those damn mufflers with a ******g passion!!!

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

He and Morgan Freeman used to star on the Electric Company almost 40 years ago.. Which was a show designed to help kids understand words and literacy. (as I fill my posts with dead tired typoes and spelling errors *waves hands* want sleeeeeep))

So he's been basicaly "fighting" illiteracy for a very long time. And he has some very vallid points. People can't keep blameing others for their own problems. Parents need to step up and be parents.. not just people who have kids because they can't be arshed to wear a protection or think having a kid is the "in" thing. So many young'uns out there have absolutely *no* respect for their elders, peers, or themselves.. and it's a very very sad thing to see.

I didn't take from that sentence that HE, personally, has been blaming the "White Man" for the difficulties they've had/have.

I took it as him stating that as a culture in general, many Black people do blame the Whites (or whatever politically correct terms don't offend the majority of people :rolleyes: ) for their 'difficulties', and that, as a culture, they need to stop doing so, and take a look at themselves.

And I believe that expendmymind was taking it that way, also......

Ah I see now. So it WAS the way I was reading it :P .

LOL! right on! We have the same thing here in FL (it's rampant, everywhere you look), since the majority of our state is now Hispanic, and that's what their males do alot of (here at least). That's funny man, you were 100% correct. I could never figure out the car thing...I always said...if you want a sports car, save your money and buy a damned sports car, don't convert a family sedan-ish car into one! Retards, it's so lame. I hate those damn mufflers with a ******g passion!!!

Almost makes me long for the days when you could drive around in a pickup with a gun rack that actually had guns on it LOL Oh wait LOL no I don't to many wanna be hill billy's to. Damn ya w have those to. Kids that think it's cool to have a truck with a lift kit and massive tires with mud all over the truck but yet were pink polo shirts LOL beat that one ;) Rich wanna be hill billies go figure........... No offense Bill Hill ;) you don't wear pink do ya Bill LOL

Silvercougar, the Electric company rocked and the spider man they did even better :tu: Wow a far bit of nostalgia going on LOL

Almost makes me long for the days when you could drive around in a pickup with a gun rack that actually had guns on it LOL Oh wait LOL no I don't to many wanna be hill billy's to. Damn ya w have those to. Kids that think it's cool to have a truck with a lift kit and massive tires with mud all over the truck but yet were pink polo shirts LOL beat that one ;) Rich wanna be hill billies go figure........... No offense Bill Hill ;) you don't wear pink do ya Bill LOL

Silvercougar, the Electric company rocked and the spider man they did even better :tu: Wow a far bit of nostalgia going on LOL

LOL I know.. Hulu picked up the show and I was all.. "OMGS!" And watched it for nostalgia sake. And it took a couple minutes to figure out that it *was* Morgan Freeman in it. Shooo.. they had alot of famous people in that show. Mel Brooks, Carol Bernette, Joan Rivers...

He's speaking the truth..

But, you have to remember he was also a successful Doctor, so therefore quite rich and I distinctly remember him having problems with his eldest son, Theodore or 'Theo'.

Kids that think it's cool to have a truck with a lift kit and massive tires with mud all over the truck but yet were pink polo shirts LOL beat that one ;) Rich wanna be hill billies go figure........... No offense Bill Hill ;) you don't wear pink do ya Bill LOL

Massive tires, big truck? Pink Top? sounds very homoerotic I mean cool.

Is there anything cooler? :tu:

42 posts and nobody blamed rap music...

That's not the cause, that's part of the symptoms..

my honky homie

then damned kids and their rap music.

One of these days I'm going to start a pure rhythm band that uses only wooden boards of varying shapes and size and the rhythm is going to be made with knuckles. I'm gonna call it rap music.

I thought Bill Cosby was an actor and comedian. He's not a scholar. Why is he constantly putting down the poor black people. We can't all be at the top. We just can't. It's not possible. I think Bill and Oprah need to stay in their mansions and look donw at everyone else and shut their mouths. I don't see where either one have done anything exceptional. Sorry but they're entertainment.

OMG thank you!!!! ;) People get all in an uproar over him, he is a cranky old man now and he's always going off on these tirades about the Black community. There is truth to some of the things he says but he acts like black people are the only ones guilty of the things he complains about. At the end of the day he's just an Actor with an opinion so people shouldn't put so much weight behind his comments, who cares? :rolleyes:

I listen to Rap music, and I'm not out on the corner using Ebonics and gang banging ;)

And I was running with gags

Jazz music leads to interracial sex.