Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Image Abroad Surges under Obama

Dr. D

Thats all well and good, however, the ancient Japanese isolationist methods seemed to work well for them for a while.

It in no way "worked" for them. The result was a modern world and a decrepit Japan.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• The Silver Thong

• Dr. D

• WoIverine

USA used to be isolationist, actually our constitution is isolationist. We just stopped following it.

because it was found to NOT WORK in any way shape or form.

See, after all your drama about you care so much for the Iraqis , it is you who have no respect for them and their elected leader that they risked their very life to vote for fighting for a new society.

All you speak for really are the ones who are bombing them at public market. The worlds voice as you call it. :rofl:

The Iraqis were given the opportunity to vote for the leaders in a new democracy, not for democracy itself. No, I do not respect any form of government forced upon a people. Only neocons do that. And those who were "fighting for a new society" also said that they approved of attacks against the U.S. military. They could have had a new society without a democracy . . . . with a form of government more atuned to their culture and history.

"All you speak for really are the ones who are bombing them at public market. The worlds voice as you call it." If you insist on continually making idiotic comments, at least justify them somehow. Ony the market bombers objected to the presence of the U.S. military? Only the market bombers wanted a different form of government?

Pathetic . . . . typically pathetic.

The Iraqis were given the opportunity to vote for the leaders in a new democracy, not for democracy itself. No, I do not respect any form of government forced upon a people. Only neocons do that. And those who were "fighting for a new society" also said that they approved of attacks against the U.S. military. They could have had a new society without a democracy . . . . with a form of government more atuned to their culture and history.

Yup, and they are embracing it, fighting to preserve it and perfer it than your leave them alone and get butchered, at least we dont force a new more civilized way of life on them.

Only Liberlas do that for they want to assure that all revenues goes to their entitlements and welfares. Pathetically a very selfish attitude, and they say things like poor Iraqis to cover up their true nature.

"All you speak for really are the ones who are bombing them at public market. The worlds voice as you call it." If you insist on continually making idiotic comments, at least justify them somehow. Ony the market bombers objected to the presence of the U.S. military? Only the market bombers wanted a different form of government?

Nope, why do I have to insist when you just repeated it above, the ones bombing the public market thinks excatly the way you do, a form of governement more atuned to what they think is their culture and history, our rule or we bomb you at the market place.

I guess if the leader of the Public market bombers visits the United States instead then that is when you will say, now we have a legit Iraqi leader that does not hate the United States. You probably will be welcoming him personally.

Edited by AROCES

Yup, and they are embracing it, fighting to preserve it and perfer it than your leave them alone and get butchered, at least we dont force a new more civilized way of life on them.

Only Liberlas do that for they want to assure that all revenues goes to their entitlements and welfares. Pathetically a very selfish attitude, and they say things like poor Iraqis to cover up their true nature.

Nope, why do I have to insist when you just repeated it above, the ones bombing the public market thinks excatly the way you do, a form of governement more atuned to what they think is their culture and history, our rule or we bomb you at the market place.

I guess if the leader of the Public market bombers visits the United States instead then that is when you will say, now we have a legit Iraqi leader that does not hate the United States. You probably will be welcoming him personally.

That was incredibly far out of line, even for you. Stop the trolling Aroces; See the PM coming your way.

because it was found to NOT WORK in any way shape or form.

What the heck are you talking about??? Please explain how the constitution was "found to not work" ??? That is the most rediculas thing Ive ever read on these boards.

The saddest thing is, you haters of the constitution have no idea how great it would be for all if we returned to it as our foundation. We would be "the land of the free" once more.

Edited by preacherman76

It was really World War II that pulled us out of isolation, and the paranoia of the cold war. Just to think if Japan hadn't attacked us everything might have been just fine. We should have stayed out of World War II.

japan was just the much needed excuse america used to enter the war... they would have entered it without that happening in my opinion (all pearl harbour did was gain public support for the war) as germany winning the war, after taking only 5 years to go from one of the poorest, debt ridden nations in the world, to the richest is something america wouldn't have been willing to accept. they were more dangerous than even communist russia...

and america did force japan's hand in some ways (not saying the attack on pearl harbour was any way justified) by the illegal economic sanctions and embargo's..

and although this borders on conspiracy, i feel america knew fine well that japan were planning to attack them. they had plenty of warning... including the australians notifying them that the japanese fleet was making there way to america. not a nice thought but really not all that far fetched in my opinion.

Edited by expandmymind

Neither the Japanese nor the Nazis even compared to the horror of communist Russia.

Japan only was negatively effected by our embargoes because it hindered their Imperialism and genocide.

That's a common liberal myth.

The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor wasn't even intended to be a sneak attack, the declaration of war was delayed and when the Japanese attacked they thought we had gotten the message. Many of the pilots felt dishonorable afterwords when they realized they pulled a sneak attack because in Japanese culture that is considered dishonorable.

And honestly I just don't buy the theory that we "let" them attack, we had nothing to gain from going to war with Japan, nothing at all. All the advantages that came from us winning the war are things that could never have been predicted. We had to have assumed that we would not have gotten attacked by the enemy, so if it was intentional it was extremely risky.

The Horror of Russia won the war for the allied forces. They sacrificed over 30 million and were allies. They were there from the the start. I guess the allied forces were lucky as the U.S. sure took it's sweet time in helping out. Better late than never I guess LOL

You have to be kidding, many of the Japanese pilots felt what? dishonored ? is that why they flew there kamikaze missions? because they felt dishonored years later? Pearl Harbor as a military strike that was picture perfect. You have to ask what pearl harbor had to do with Americas gain. The gain was and still is your military and the budget that supports it. The American economy lol thrives on war.

With out war the American plan would not work. America became the war machine, it is due to war not isolationism not pacification and not the god damn liberals. America took on a role and I hate when Americans cry about it. I think it was LBJ that said America had for knowledge of the attack but hey I don't want to go there. As if the attack on pearl harbor didn't happen America would have never joined the allies in WWII thanks, for the help.

America now sponsors itself as the war machine and does not have any shame in doing so. Bloody hell. America owes all it is to war so when you say America had nothing to gain you better look twice.

What the heck are you talking about??? Please explain how the constitution was "found to not work" ??? That is the most rediculas thing Ive ever read on these boards.

The saddest thing is, you haters of the constitution have no idea how great it would be for all if we returned to it as our foundation. We would be "the land of the free" once more.

There are those , if they dont get their way then the constitution is not working. :yes:

japan was just the much needed excuse america used to enter the war... they would have entered it without that happening in my opinion (all pearl harbour did was gain public support for the war) as germany winning the war, after taking only 5 years to go from one of the poorest, debt ridden nations in the world, to the richest is something america wouldn't have been willing to accept. they were more dangerous than even communist russia...

and america did force japan's hand in some ways (not saying the attack on pearl harbour was any way justified) by the illegal economic sanctions and embargo's..

and although this borders on conspiracy, i feel america knew fine well that japan were planning to attack them. they had plenty of warning... including the australians notifying them that the japanese fleet was making there way to america. not a nice thought but really not all that far fetched in my opinion.

Say all the facts then, Japan 's Army was in China for it's natural resources and that led to the sanction and embargo. That is illegal? Anything the US does is illegal, except if they just protest, right?

Edited by AROCES

The Horror of Russia won the war for the allied forces. They sacrificed over 30 million and were allies. They were there from the the start. I guess the allied forces were lucky as the U.S. sure took it's sweet time in helping out. Better late than never I guess LOL

If you look at the Map of the Russian front, it will be almost impossible to help Russia. And I dont think the Russian would like the world to see them looking they cant defend themselves.

Say all the facts then, Japan 's Army was in China for it's natural resources and that led to the sanction and embargo. That is illegal? Anything the US does is illegal, except if they just protest, right?

i didn't say america were wrong to do sucha thing.. all i said is that it was illegal and forced japan's hand... neither of which you can deny.

and as far as i'm aware, most of the atrocities in japan weren't known until after the embargo's etc were already underway...

Edited by expandmymind

i didn't say america were wrong to do sucha thing.. all i said is that it was illegal and forced japan's hand... neither of which you can deny.

and as far as i'm aware, most of the atrocities in japan weren't known until after the embargo's etc were already underway...

Why is it illegal? Who's law was broken with the sanctions and embargoes?

The move was indeed to force Japan to withdraw its Army from China, like I said you prefer just barking and protesting.

The move was indeed to force Japan to withdraw its Army from China, like I said you prefer just barking and protesting.

Sorry Aroces, we all tend to forget that in your eyes the USA doesn't have to comply with international law, or standards of behaviour. :w00t:

it was illegal because it was essentially an act of war... i also believe that embargo's without international approval are illegal acts... i could be wrong, but are they not?

and my protesting sure beats your constant trolling...

Edited by expandmymind

Sorry Aroces, we all tend to forget that in your eyes the USA doesn't have to comply with international law, or standards of behaviour. :w00t:

International law to me is none existence, a law is only a law if you can enforce it.

Mutual agreement is more of the right term for it or standard of behavior. And those are within condition, that the adversary is not being aggressive or complying as well.

I don't believe in international law. Period. For any nation. In fact I tend to admire nations that spit in the face of it, such as Israel.

what about iraq? or iran? or north korea? or china when it comes to human rights? or a number of african countries when they starve their people? and the list goes on....

international law is there for a reason...

what about iraq? or iran? or north korea? or china when it comes to human rights? or a number of african countries when they starve their people? and the list goes on....

international law is there for a reason...

You dont need a law for such things, those doing it wont follow such law anyway, right?

You dont need a law for such things, those doing it wont follow such law anyway, right?

i can see, as it always does, the point has just sailed right over your head.

i can see, as it always does, the point has just sailed right over your head.

Well, I dont think just because some say it is world law N Korea will suddenly say, oh we better follow then. :rolleyes:

Well, I dont think just because some say it is world law N Korea will suddenly say, oh we better follow then. :rolleyes:

no but it does give the international community reason to condemn and in some cases take action against nations...

International law to me is none existence, a law is only a law if you can enforce it.

Mutual agreement is more of the right term for it or standard of behavior. And those are within condition, that the adversary is not being aggressive or complying as well.

In this case your lucky the world hasn't walled itself up and prepared to go to war with America. Your a hypocrite to think you and America are the ones always right. Your nation is the most aggressive of them all, so please explain your hypocrisy. Complying ??? that doesn't sound like freedom nor democracy now does it.

In this case your lucky the world hasn't walled itself up and prepared to go to war with America. Your a hypocrite to think you and America are the ones always right. Your nation is the most aggressive of them all, so please explain your hypocrisy. Complying ??? that doesn't sound like freedom nor democracy now does it.

Cant have your adversary use your law on you and tie down your hands while they dont themselves follows it, right?

no but it does give the international community reason to condemn and in some cases take action against nations...

Oh I totally support nations uniting for common good against a rogue state, but to say it is the world's law I think is all nonsense.

Cant have your adversary use your law on you and tie down your hands while they dont themselves follows it, right?

I guess thats true if your the one laying down the law. Don't you see the direction your heading, facisim Aroces and your falling for it.