Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

..What has obama Been thinking?

Black..Death

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Black..Death

• acidhead

• Wickian

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol .. Well ..im throwing it away ...i cant stand the laugh ..and its not only bushes fault ..Obama promised to much ..He knows he cant keep it all ..And now people are regretting there votes ..because he sweet talked them during election time

Thats what all politicians do. They always make more promises than can be kept and those promises change quit often as well. Obamas promises were nothing shy of grand but then again so were McCains. Acidhead is right in saying both parties are of the same ilk with subtle differences in policy.

Thats what all politicians do. They always make more promises than can be kept and those promises change quit often as well. Obamas promises were nothing shy of grand but then again so were McCains. Acidhead is right in saying both parties are of the same ilk with subtle differences in policy.

It Seems if that was all obama Was counting on.

Well, closing gitmo.. focusing on afghanistan.. improving relations with cuba.. a public option (indaworks)...

As an outside observer, it seems to me hes doing a pretty good job.

He has only been in office 5 mins......give the man time LOL...

5 months is more than enough time to get the general idea of what direction he wants to take the country in. And it's a pretty terrible direction in my opinion.

5 months is more than enough time to get the general idea of what direction he wants to take the country in. And it's a pretty terrible direction in my opinion.

Well as you seem to know .....why dont you tell me exactly what you would have done in his shoes..threw into a mess like that

any ideas? IE maybe list a few pointers on what steps you would have taken? and what you would do to make things work?

This I would like to see...give some details if you can too please

Well, closing gitmo.. focusing on afghanistan.. improving relations with cuba.. a public option (indaworks)...

As an outside observer, it seems to me hes doing a pretty good job.

No president does ALL bad things. In terms of removing troops though, it's more like relocating them to a different country since they're still not coming home. Other than that though, he's doing everything he possibly can to try to improve what others think of us.

As long as he doesn't do anything at the expense of the citizens of the country, whatever. Domestically though, he's doing a real crappy job(in my opinion).

Well as you seem to know .....why dont you tell me exactly what you would have done in his shoes..threw into a mess like that

any ideas? IE maybe list a few pointers on what steps you would have taken? and what you would do to make things work?

This I would like to see...give some details if you can too please

I am far from qualified to be making decisions on how to manage a country, but I still know what I like and dislike, and I dislike what he is doing(therefore most of my comments on him will be negative).

Here's a list of why I feel he's going in the wrong direction.

He printed trillions of dollars to try and solve a problem printing money out of thin air caused(bush did the same thing, but I disagreed with that as well). The problem has been pushed back for a few years(not solved, only delayed) and now we have the highest national debt in history, he's been rapidly trying expanding government into the private sector where it has no business, he's planning on taxing a select few(rich) to pay for programs which we could do without, on top of those taxes he plans to tax everyone else as well(again for things we could do without). I had to stop there before it become a run on sentence.

All of that in just 5 months. The only future I see with Obama is more government control, more taxes, more restrictions and more even more yet to come.

But to be fair, he has done fairly well in making people like us again I guess. Some people like that, I couldn't care less though.

I am far from qualified to be making decisions on how to manage a country, but I still know what I like and dislike, and I dislike what he is doing(therefore most of my comments on him will be negative).

I normally don't judge them as fast.... given as a full term is what -?? 4 years? Well I like to wait and see after he has served his 1st year...he hasnt gotten past 6 months yet..barely over the 1st hurdle

People have lived through the depression before.and it can take a while to recover.....So I personally will wait and see how things go....

I agree with you he has gotten a lot of people to respect you guys again..but I know its not just abliut getting peole to like you all..but its a start...

I normally don't judge them as fast.... given as a full term is what -?? 4 years? Well I like to wait and see after he has served his 1st year...he hasnt gotten past 6 months yet..barely over the 1st hurdle

People have lived through the depression before.and it can take a while to recover.....So I personally will wait and see how things go....

I agree with you he has gotten a lot of people to respect you guys again..but I know its not just abliut getting peole to like you all..but its a start...

Just curious....

How has Obama changed public perception of Americans?

Name 3 things he's done differently than the previous administrations that has made public perception, world-wide, change?

This should be interesting.

I Realize that ..Except He promised many things during election Time ..And hasn't fallowed through with them ..Hes been doing the exact opposite.

:P Politicians are like statistics.

Just curious....

Name 3 things he's done differently than the previous administrations that has made public perception, world-wide, change?

I've really been curious about that myself because the day after the election Europe was ecstatic simply because a black Democrat had been elected.

I've really been curious about that myself because the day after the election Europe was ecstatic simply because a black Democrat had been elected.

He smokes, plays basketball and I guess he looks good in shorts :P

He smokes, plays basketball and I guess he looks good in shorts :P

Well hey...what more could you want. :D

He's a polititian, what did you expect.

Just curious....

Mainly it's because he's a charismatic black man.

I believe the only reason Obama became president is because at least 90% of the

black community looked at it as being "Just the first black president, without looking

at the facts he put out" Now having said that he did present stuff that has yet to come

true. I feel like he is going to start choosing sides further into his Presidency. I don't

know if y'all seen it but Obama does have a white mother, so why he would choose sides

is beyond me, but it does seem like he is leading this economy it'll the line we once new

except opposite sides..

I believe the only reason Obama became president is because at least 90% of the

black community looked at it as being "Just the first black president, without looking

at the facts he put out"

Black voters were 13% of the overall voting population in 2008 (compared to 12% and 11% in 2000 and 2004, respectively). Obama did only marginally better among black voters than other Democratic candidates because the black vote already tends to go overwhelmingly for Democrats (Gore and Kerry got 90% and 88% of the black vote, I believe, while Obama was somewhere around 95%). Obama won the election by 7 points (not to mention 192 electoral votes). So while, yes, black turnout was up and slightly more Democratic than usual, Obama won with a lot more than just the black vote.

Now having said that he did present stuff that has yet to come

true.

It's been six months.

Just curious....

Acid you have been dead against the man from the moment he was voted in .......so don't act like you all of a sudden think he is not right.you have laways thought it.....

5 months in office and all of a sudden this man is to lift a magic wand and poof all it fixed......bush's mess fixed?? it would take more than 5 blinking months to fix that mess

Black voters were 13% of the overall voting population in 2008 (compared to 12% and 11% in 2000 and 2004, respectively). Obama did only marginally better among black voters than other Democratic candidates because the black vote already tends to go overwhelmingly for Democrats (Gore and Kerry got 90% and 88% of the black vote, I believe, while Obama was somewhere around 95%). Obama won the election by 7 points (not to mention 192 electoral votes). So while, yes, black turnout was up and slightly more Democratic than usual, Obama won with a lot more than just the black vote.

It's been six months.

:yes: You hit the nail on the head with both of these comments :tu:

Acid you have been dead against the man from the moment he was voted in .......so don't act like you all of a sudden think he is not right.you have laways thought it.....

5 months in office and all of a sudden this man is to lift a magic wand and poof all it fixed......bush's mess fixed?? it would take more than 5 blinking months to fix that mess

ok, so what steps has he taken to change things then?

Edited by expandmymind

ok, so what steps has he taken to change things then?

Here is the list of the accomplishments the White House actively touts, even as it disdains what it calls the "Hallmark Holiday" of the 100th day in office.

*Passing the "largest" economic stimulus bill in American history.

*Ordering the closing of Guantanamo Bay military detention facility and abolishing "enhanced interrogation techniques."

*Setting a fixed timetable for withdrawing U.S. combat forces from Iraq.

*Ordering 21,000 additional troops to Afghanistan and enlisting, with modest new assistance, European allies in a new multi-layered strategy there and in Pakistan.

*"Returning science to its rightful place" by lifting the Bush restrictions on federally funded embryonic stem cell research.

*Signing laws to expand children's health insurance (financed by a 61-cent per pack increase in the federal cigarette tax the adviser did not tout).

*Signing a law meant to improve the ability of women who allege pay discrimination to sue their employer.

*Diminishing the role of lobbyists in the White House

*"Forge a meaningful statement from the United Nations" criticizing North Korea's launch of a ballistic missile.

*Lifting travel and remittance restrictions for Cuban Americans who seek to travel more frequently to the island and send more US currency to their immediate family.

*Engaging world leaders in Europe, Turkey, Latin American and the Caribbean with "strength and humility."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/21...productive-fdr/

Here is the list of the accomplishments the White House actively touts, even as it disdains what it calls the "Hallmark Holiday" of the 100th day in office.

*Passing the "largest" economic stimulus bill in American history.

Translation- He stole billions of dollars from the American people, with no positive results. Paid off all of his bank supporters with the money he stole. Yea, thanks for nothing. The man should be behind bars for this, not praised.

*Ordering the closing of Guantanamo Bay military detention facility and abolishing "enhanced interrogation techniques."

But its still open.

*Setting a fixed timetable for withdrawing U.S. combat forces from Iraq.

On his campaign trail he said that would happen "day one", then it was a year, then it was 3 years. Anyone who thinks we are EVER leaving Iraq is seriously kidding themselfs.

*Ordering 21,000 additional troops to Afghanistan and enlisting, with modest new assistance, European allies in a new multi-layered strategy there and in Pakistan.

Why are we even there??? Yea, great more body bags to bring home over a OIL PIPE LINE.

*"Returning science to its rightful place" by lifting the Bush restrictions on federally funded embryonic stem cell research.

It isnt good enough to murder unborn babies, now we want to experiment with them.

*Signing laws to expand children's health insurance (financed by a 61-cent per pack increase in the federal cigarette tax the adviser did not tout).

*Signing a law meant to improve the ability of women who allege pay discrimination to sue their employer.

These are 2 good things, but hardly make him a great president.

*Diminishing the role of lobbyists in the White House

I guess if you consider HIRING 20 OF THE BIGGEST LOBBIEST IN THE COUNTRY "diminishing" then yea, he's right on track :hmm:

*"Forge a meaningful statement from the United Nations" criticizing North Korea's launch of a ballistic missile.

Ahh another toothless UN resolution. Are you for real?? In what way has NK backed down?? They will get more sanctions that will put thier people in even deeper poverty, and will solve nothing.

*Lifting travel and remittance restrictions for Cuban Americans who seek to travel more frequently to the island and send more US currency to their immediate family.

MMM, so what???? What exactly does this do for the majority of the American people??

*Engaging world leaders in Europe, Turkey, Latin American and the Caribbean with "strength and humility."

He made himself look like a weak coward. He apoligized to everyone for who we are and what we stand for. F that, if it wasnt for us Everyone would be speaking German. They are all just as evil and corupt as we are, but we have cornered the market. They may not like that we invaded Iraq, but thats cause they were all in bed with Saddam in thier corupted food for oil program. Not cause they gave a crap about anyone but themselfs.

Edited by preacherman76

Translation- He stole billions of dollars from the American people, with no positive results. Paid off all of his bank supporters with the money he stole. Yea, thanks for nothing. The man should be behind bars for this, not praised.

We get it preacher you so hate him...bout time you knocked it in the head

We get it preacher you so hate him...bout time you knocked it in the head

No I dont think you do get it. Are you saying he didnt take billions from the American people and pay off bankers with it??? Or are you saying that was a good thing that he should be praised for??