Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human Extinction

Dragunai

I heard a while on the news that apparently we humans are dying at the rate of Over 2 million a year though cancer and equally AIDS. That coupled with the fact that our governments are making the cost of living higher so we are more reluctant to breed and have kids. This is also creating a decline In population through out Britian, Im not so sure about America and the rest of Europe, But Im pretty sure Britian Is the worst for it due to all the taxes and high costs.

So I reckon In a few hundred years we'll be pretty screwed.

Your thoughts on this

Dragunai

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burgundy Johnson

• Dragunai

• JTBob

• Kismit

well dont just give the death rate...whats the birth rate???

Data, We need Data. And try to make it supportive at that. That's the problem with todays journalists "Someone said ...." "The Iraqi's feel...."

Perhaps even a bigger question:

People are so "busy" and wrapped up in their lifes, consumed by work, consumed by trying to find material happiness.....

Do people really care what happens to the rest once they themselves are gone ?????

We cant have the mentality that we're screwed no matter what. We need to include a mandatory 10% income tax raise to the medical charity of the peoples choice IMO. We need to find a cure for cancer, and IMO, whoever patents the first fully functional nanobot will be a multibillionaire before the end of his life. We also need to find out whats causing Cancer. That will all help us get unscrewed.

Has anyone here ever heard about the theory that Aids was released in order to cut the worlds population? I know its some what off topic but I thought I would through it out there.

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose!

Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow!

Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" -Auron

EDIT:

Tidied your post up a little . original.gif

Edited by Kismit

I heard that too.

My thoery is that The British government dumped aids in Africa to nuke the populace but some how it came back and bit them in the ass. So alls well that ends well.

lol.

Birth rates are dropping, every year fewer children join schools, that is fact.

There was also a group of people who are declaring that they won't breed to stop humanity.

Sounds stupid but true, I say it's another cult.

That's the problem with todays journalists "Someone said ...." "The Iraqi's feel...."

What the hell gave him that idea?

Edited by Dragunai

There was also a group of people who are declaring that they won't breed to stop humanity.

Sounds stupid but true, I say it's another cult.

I say leave them be .It's natural selection in action .

Edited by Kismit

yeah........ I s'pose....

But I intend on having kids, I'm creating a corporate Empire so I Need someone to rule it when I'm gone!!!

But if everyone's dying.....

You're latching on to some negative thing you read somewhere. I think things are just balancing themselves out, like they always do. The population worldwide has increased exponentially in the last 50 or so years, so nature's doing it's job of evening things out. Just go on with your life and don't worry about things so much. It'll work out.

Stupid people don't need to breed anyway.

Stupid people don't need to breed anyway.

yeah, they don't need to but they do, more than most other kinds of people. ever notice how many stupid people there are in the world? they're gonna have stupid kids! aren't you excited for that w00t.gif !? a whole world filled with morons! we already have that, true enough, but there'll be even more.

as for the death of humankind. some of you make it sound like a bad thing.

as for the death of humankind. some of you make it sound like a bad thing.

for us, but not for the planet we're on.... whistling2.gif

... I think things are just balancing themselves out, like they always do.  The population worldwide has increased exponentially in the last 50 or so years, so nature's doing it's job of evening things out.

There are other views (see another thread):

7 billion of biorobots enjoyed their impunity blinded by vanity, stupidity and sham omnipotence. They were constantly improving technology of their planet and fellow robots destruction. There's nothing more horrible than megalomania of biorobots drunk with the unlimited power. They've been sowing the wind long, now they are reaping the storm. The irreversible process of cleaning the planet from its lice, ungrateful inhabitants, has began.

Only a small group of them and a peace of land constantly diminishing still remained. Thanks to help and knowledge of an unknown Envoy of the Supermind who lived among them incognito and unnoticed for a long time. He postponed for a few thousand years this irreversible process of selfcleaning of the planet on a peace of land that was left for the sake of those who were willing to follow him and sacrifice their lives for the benefit of their planet, her inhabitants and whole Open Cosmos...

Vitalij

"Earth - the planet of biorobots"

http://www.godswhip.info/

I dear god....I hope the rest of the people that post on this board are nothing like any of you....

It's not natural selection because no one survive's the HIV virus if there were peopel with immunities then it might be. However since it kills everyone that gets infected from it eventually it's not weeding out any sort of genetic trait. That's like saying it would be natural selection if I went around shooting people with a shotgun. The only trait I would be weeding out is being close to me.

You guys really sound like you should study the Neo-Malthusian view of Human Geography.

Malthus was this guy that said because population increases exponentially and agricultural development only increased arithmatically we would all run out of food and die. However he didn't forsee modern agricultural technology and was pretty wrong when it comes to his doomsday prophecies. Neo-Malthusists extend his theory to cover not just food but other necessities, clean water, ariable land, fuel. You guys seem to like that idea so you should go to a library and pick up a book on geography.

Apparently the birth rate here in Australia has been declining because most people these days just want to live for themselves.

I dont see how that could be true, I mean my older sisters have 7 kids between them and they are 24 and 26.

I dont know what the death rate over here is though, but its probably not that high because we dont suffer invasions or high crime rates etc...

Well different cultures and nations have different views on children these days. Geographers classify this difference using "Demographic Transition Model". This classifies regions by population growth and death rates. So Australia would be at the final level of demographic transition, low natural increase rate (brith) and low death.