Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bring back the death penalty', demands

chemical-licker

'Bring back the death penalty', demands father of Hollyoaks actress murdered by her boyfriend

A football coach who stabbed his model girlfriend to death in a frenzied knife attack has been jailed for a minimum of 24 years after being convicted of her murder.

Amy Leigh Barnes, 19, was left dying in a pool of blood after being repeatedly stabbed in the face and chest by Ricardo Morrison.

Last night, as it emerged that Morrison, 22, had a history of violence against women, Amy's distraught father called for the death penalty to be re-introduced for violent murders.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...lty-murder.html

Sorry but bring back the death penalty :hmm:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itsnotoutthere

• Cradle of Fish

• Bill Hill

• faraway

Top Posters In This Topic

24 years is just not enough for this killing.

I agree, 24 years is a short conviction for this kind of crimes, but death penalty will not get any usefull goal here, only payback, and justice is not about that. I think that death penalty have it uses, but these are few, and this is not the case.

nah. just bring back life in jail! what happened to life? jesus i know guys in prison for murder that got 9 years! 2 that had their sentence reduced to manslaughter and sentences put down to 4! out in 2!

bring back life without bail, not the death penalty...

nah. just bring back life in jail! what happened to life? jesus i know guys in prison for murder that got 9 years! 2 that had their sentence reduced to manslaughter and sentences put down to 4! out in 2!

And make the senstence at leat 100 years

It costs more to kill someone then lock them up for life.

~Thanato

The cost of a prisoner here is $50,000 a year (30,000USD) and a bullet costs 20c

What a psycho.. didn't anybody warn her? :innocent:

mmmh me thinks there's more to this story than meets the eye..

Living in Grandma's house with him... mmmh?

It's easy to get emotional about this. But consider. A case in a suburb outside Chicago. 26 years ago. Man (Cruz) was convicted of rape and murder. On death row for 10 years. Illinois has a moratorium on the death penalty. He was exonerated. Had we had the death penalty, he would be dead. In a huge unimaginable miscarriage of justice. The real killer offered prosecutors to confess years ago for a deal. But they would not take it. Today he confesses. 26 years. The prosecutors are stupid idiots. They have always wanted to make the case against Cruz and others fit the facts rather than finding the truth. It's typical of these fools. So given that, how can you ABSOLUTELY be sure that someone is guilty? We depend on deeply flawed people in a very flawed system. Justice is not absolute. It's fun to shout at the rafters that "he should be killed". Maybe so, but are you sure?

death penalty will not get any usefull goal here, only payback, and justice is not about that

actually the punitive aspect of the justice system is a big part of it.

What does locking this guy up for 24 years do? He won't be reformed, and will more than likely come out worse.

Ultimately we are looking at whether or not the punishment is fitting, and 24 years for brutally murdering that young girl is hardly fitting.

actually the punitive aspect of the justice system is a big part of it.

What does locking this guy up for 24 years do? He won't be reformed, and will more than likely come out worse.

Ultimately we are looking at whether or not the punishment is fitting, and 24 years for brutally murdering that young girl is hardly fitting.

So we'll dispose of human beings like we do with animals.

How about disposing of humans that act far worse than animals.

It's one of those paradoxes, we supposedly live in a democracy, 'the will of the people' & all that crap, & if you had a referendum tomorrow on wether we should bring back the death penalty the majority of people would vote yes. Thats way they've never had one.

The other problem is that when you put pond life like this guy in prison for 30 years they then become a financial burden on the rest of society. So purely on a financial basis, the death penalty has got to be worth considering. (with someone like this I think 'human rights' are irrelevant. It would just be the equivilent of throwing out the rubbish.)

Edited by itsnotoutthere

No Absolutely not... :no:

we should make it less humain when disposing of human trash.

The other problem is that when you put pond life like this guy in prison for 30 years they then become a financial burden on the rest of society. So purely on a financial basis, the death penalty has got to be worth considering.

I think somebody has already pointed out, the death penalty is more expensive that life imprisonment.

I think somebody has already pointed out, the death penalty is more expensive that life imprisonment.

I think you've taken Thanatos comment too literally. What he says is a throw away comment that makes absolutely no sense.

''The average cost of a prison place in 2002 was £38,753 per year.'' Government figures...........x 24 years = £930,072

Now explain how 5 minutes at the end of a rope would cost more.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

I think you've taken Thanatos comment too literally. What he says is a throw away comment that makes absolutely no sense.

no, Death penalty costs more than life imprisonment. Google it.

I see what you mean. i.e. lawyers fees (American judicial system)

extract :-

"There are several problems involved in trying to determine the cost of a capital case. First, there is a wide variety of costs associated with capital cases. These include costs for prosecuting and defense attorneys, interpreters, expert witnesses, court reporters, psychiatrists, secretaries, and jury consultants

If the guy has gone to court & already been found guilty, then these additional costs are redundant.

i agree with that. life means life. but here's the twist you make prison so unbearable. that the inmates would wish they were dead. (here am referring to the worst acts of criminality)

i agree with that. life means life. but here's the twist you make prison so unbearable. that the inmates would wish they were dead. (here am referring to the worst acts of criminality)

agreed. the people i spoke of get to play pool, playstation 3, watch sky TV (ok maybe that's punishment in itself) and even use mobiles (with the guards turning a blind eye).

prison, while for some is torture, is pretty easy going for most - especially the most hardened it seems... they can't wait to go back.

Here, here.

Send him to the drugs industry for live experimentation without anesthetic.

Hopefully he'll live for at least a year before the procedures muck his body up.

Here, here.

Send him to the drugs industry for live experimentation without anesthetic.

Hopefully he'll live for at least a year before the procedures muck his body up.

China does that. they actually kill inmates and use their organs for transplants. :o they even have a "meat wagon" that goes around villages rounding up the riff raff, once in the van they kill them and then use the organs.

To me this is a step to far in the wrong direction. fecking strange place is China. but being a modern citizen of PC Britain i don't agree with it, but i will tolerate their right and cultural rights to do it.

Edited by stevewinn

No it doesnt.

10p a bullet is all it costs.

China does that. they actually kill inmates and use their organs for transplants. :o they even have a "meat wagon" that goes around villages rounding up the riff raff, once in the van they kill them and then use the organs.

To me this is a step to far in the wrong direction. fecking strange place is China. but being a modern citizen of PC Britain i don't agree with it, but i will tolerate their right and cultural rights to do it.

What a good idea.

Come on sunny if you're going to screw-up your organs by doing drugs and cause problems with all you're stealing to fund it we are going to give your organs to someone else who will make better use of them and get rid of you.

Our prison system should be run like the Japanese experimentation camps in WW2 (No offence intended towards survivors or Japanese).

I don't agree with the death penalty myself. The thought of showing that killing is bad by killing someone always struck me as odd. That being said I do think that judges these days give out the lightest sentences they can. That needs to stop. And while throwing some murdering b****** down a deep hole where they'll never see daylight does have an appeal to it I also don't know if this is the way to go. Personally think it should be nothing by hard labour, just a step up from slavery. You took something from the community, well then you can give something back.

Bernie Madoff get's 150 years forwhat is essentially theft, and this guy only gets 24?

I know, the convictions are in different countries, but you can easily find similar cases in both.