Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are God and scientists incompatible?

oslove

Triad, you are a psychic?

Absulotely and proud to be one.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• Mattshark

• oslove

• drakonwick

Any thoughts?

Oh I see. Well, I would find no reason to doubt you, seeing that I believe in psychic abilities. But you have ESP on a larger scale than I have ever seen or exprienced.

dude they tested my claims, after that I went to work with the State of Florida and they verified my claims. So much so I worked for them, and while I did, I made claims that were accurate and provable, to the extent they secured search warrants and convictions.

What should I do next? I mean, what I claim is irrefutable, based upon the fact; I knew about murders before they occurred and reported them to the correct agency. They solved the murdered before and after they occurred, because of my input.

Any thoughts?

PS: My claims have been tested so well, That if I report I know about a murder, this way, the police do not consider me a suspect and I know everything about the murder??

Well if this is true you should be able to back this up with some actual evidence, so a brief visit to the university could make you very rich as worlds first proven psychic.

Well if this is true you should be able to back this up with some actual evidence, so a brief visit to the university could make you very rich as worlds first proven psychic.

Rich and famous, but you will be like a celebrity. No privacy and having lots of people asking you for readings and having your face everywhere. Sometimes that is not pleasant.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I seriously doubt it. That is very laughable :lol::rofl:

EVERY assumption you have made about me so far has been absolutely and totally WRONG! :w00t::lol::P the proof is in the pudding, umm, the posts :yes::tu:

If those are your powers, then they are seriously malfunctioning and lacking to the point that you cannot use normal powers of observation to deduce the ordinary let alone anything that may be extra-ordinary. :lol:

:rolleyes::innocent::cry: ...sad

Guardian

Edited by ai_guardian

He cannot and will not.

So far he has only proven he thinks he has some sort of powers, and that he has none, not even natural ones ;) unlike me, I can see through his alterior motives :yes::yes::devil:

Cheers

Guardian

PS: There is a reason he is not posting in the "Psychic Abilities" section ;)

And there is a reason why he has a gripe with Randi's JREF organisation, and why he ultimately :whistle: has a problem with science - are the pieces falling together yet?

But I already knew all that, I use my natural powers up to which his 'powers' cannot stand!

Edited by ai_guardian

Any thoughts?

The thing is, he'll get bored of making claims that mean nothing after a while and find something else to keep himself busy. If your really not lieing get it proven, and stop telling us about your powers until then.

First, let's not make any of this discussion personal. If anyone has prejudice regarding the subject it will become obvious on its own.

Ok, just to clear up some of this; people can claim to have psychic powers, insider knowledge, special personal experiences etc. However, none of that goes very far in demonstrating to others that their claims are reality. Now, the question here is: Are God and scientists incompatible. It's been pointed out that this is basically akin to comparing apples and oranges. Faith based system, empirically based system. Of course one can *have* both, but the two methods of *knowing* are inherently different.

Look guys I hope I am being clear. I have been though the route you claim will reward me with fame and fortune. What I have to my name is even more important though, it is called respect. You feel, that I have something to prove to you? There is, no reason to consider, that, the sound technology apparent in Mayan Pyramids? Was also evident in Egyptian Pyramids, prior to them being stripped. Mankind has a serious problem, this being, it continues to engage in behavior, as if, in the present, it has all the answers, but it does not and that is a serious problem. Individuals ready, to do whatever it takes, to establish, that in reality, mankind’s knowledge (by today’s standards) need be treated as absolute??

Today there are no absolutes, by our present standards, but unfortunately mankind has insisted upon killing, because based upon what they believed, there were absolutes...

God and scientist are compatible, because mankind’s ability to comprehend God, is beyond science. Truthfully, until such time as mankind, develops the means, to comprehend things beyond nature? Can science, respond to the matters brought up in religion.

Any thoughts?

Look guys I hope I am being clear. I have been though the route you claim will reward me with fame and fortune. What I have to my name is even more important though, it is called respect. You feel, that I have something to prove to you? There is, no reason to consider, that, the sound technology apparent in Mayan Pyramids? Was also evident in Egyptian Pyramids, prior to them being stripped. Mankind has a serious problem, this being, it continues to engage in behavior, as if, in the present, it has all the answers, but it does not and that is a serious problem. Individuals ready, to do whatever it takes, to establish, that in reality, mankind’s knowledge (by today’s standards) need be treated as absolute??

Today there are no absolutes, by our present standards, but unfortunately mankind has insisted upon killing, because based upon what they believed, there were absolutes...

God and scientist are compatible, because mankind’s ability to comprehend God, is beyond science. Truthfully, until such time as mankind, develops the means, to comprehend things beyond nature? Can science, respond to the matters brought up in religion.

Any thoughts?

I never said I will give you anything.

Oh joy pseudo-history to go with the pseudo-science! The Mayan and the Egyptian pyramids are quite different but don't let facts get in the way. For a start they don't even look the same.

Again, it could also just be that the idea of deities is just incorrect. And no you are wrong. Sorry no matter what conjectural twist you put on it, it remains conjecture and hence non-scientific.

Edited by Mattshark

I never said I will give you anything.

Oh joy pseudo-history to go with the pseudo-science! The Mayan and the Egyptian pyramids are quite different but don't let facts get in the way. For a start they don't even look the same.

Again, it could also just be that the idea of deities is just incorrect. And no you are wrong. Sorry no matter what conjectural twist you put on it, it remains conjecture and hence non-scientific.

Mattshark, you should have read more into my prior response, as, something that, is not really being investigated, has answers you may be hoping for. The idea that God exist is definitelly at issue and specifically, I am referring to the fact I have earned my respect in the community I reside in. Non-exitance in relation to God also remains conjecture and hence non-scientific, other conclusions, resides in the realms of dimentia.

The African Pyramids were stripped, the Romans emptied the Egyptians Library, before they burned it to the ground and all that stuff is in the Vatican.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

Mattshark, you should have read more into my prior response, as, something that, is not really being investigated, has answers you may be hoping for. The idea that God exist is definitelly at issue and specifically, I am referring to the fact I have earned my respect in the community I reside in. Non-exitance in relation to God also remains conjecture and hence non-scientific, other conclusions, resides in the realms of dimentia.

The African Pyramids were stripped, the Romans emptied the Egyptians Library, before they burned it to the ground and all that stuff is in the Vatican.

Any thoughts?

Never said the none existence of god was science did I? Science is separate from god, but if you want it to be science well since there is no evidence it would be dismissed.

It ain't that complicated.

Yeah and the still looked completely different from the mesoamerican pyramids.

Never said the none existence of god was science did I? Science is separate from god, but if you want it to be science well since there is no evidence it would be dismissed.

It ain't that complicated.

Yeah and the still looked completely different from the mesoamerican pyramids.

Of course they look different, the Mesoamerican pyramids were in the forests and for the most part, they did not get discovered until recently. While the Egyptian pyramids were in the desert, the were visible for miles.

The obvious point is that science cannot solve for the Mesoamerican pyramids.

More evidence that science is in its infancy.

There was no reason to dismiss the Western Hemisphere prior to its discovery by Columbus but that was a general theme then was it not.

All you are offering is an irrelevant point, that has no bearing upon reality.

Any thoughts?

Of course they look different, the Mesoamerican pyramids were in the forests and for the most part, they did not get discovered until recently. While the Egyptian pyramids were in the desert, the were visible for miles.

The obvious point is that science cannot solve for the Mesoamerican pyramids.

More evidence that science is in its infancy.

There was no reason to dismiss the Western Hemisphere prior to its discovery by Columbus but that was a general theme then was it not.

All you are offering is an irrelevant point, that has no bearing upon reality.

Any thoughts?

Wait? So your basing your idea that science is in its infacy because there is a dfference between the Mesoamerican pyramids and the ones in Giza? What has that got to do with anything?

Wait? So your basing your idea that science is in its infacy because there is a dfference between the Mesoamerican pyramids and the ones in Giza? What has that got to do with anything?

No, I am saying that, because science cannot understand the Mesoamerican pyramids (Sound Technology), they are clearly in there infancy.

Any thoughts?

PS: I understand them :yes:

I have been though the route you claim will reward me with fame and fortune.
Maybe you should open a topic in the "Psychic Abilities" section then and let us know exactly what happened and why you didn't get the fame and fortune?
What I have to my name is even more important though, it is called respect.
Maybe from those that do not know any better.
You feel, that I have something to prove to you?
Yes, when one makes claims and wants RESPECT.
Mankind has a serious problem, this being, it continues to engage in behavior, as if, in the present, it has all the answers, but it does not and that is a serious problem. Individuals ready, to do whatever it takes, to establish, that in reality, mankind’s knowledge (by today’s standards) need be treated as absolute??
You see this is a serious problem. No matter how many times we say that we do not have all the answers in science, you still come up with these comments. Science is about the study of things around us - the physical/objective reality/nature if you will - god has so far been only proven to be subjective and purely faith based imho. There is no real evidence. That is not to say that some god does not exist (as it necessarily exists in people's minds) BUT that science cannot study any such 'being' if there is nothing to go on. Pure and simple. We are NOT disproving god here and neither is science, all we are saying is that science cannot say anything about god one way or the other. You however ARE saying that since science cannot say and because it does not have all the answers, that a god exists (paraphrasing). One does NOT follow from the other though and it would help if in your absolutely stated comments you put in words like may or I believe or perhaps - would make a world of a difference!
Yep, only if the "compatible" above means that a scientist can have faith in god and still perform his work as a scientist - as has already been mentioned numerous times. IF however you mean that a scientist can use his faith in god as part of his scientific work than you have just contradicted yourself. I note your careful(?) use of "mankind" above instead of "science", mankind may develop means to comprehend things beyond nature, BUT science will not because science is about the study of nature, not beyond it!

Cheers

Guardian

No, I am saying that, because science cannot understand the Mesoamerican pyramids (Sound Technology), they are clearly in there infancy.

Any thoughts?

No we can understand them, they are just completely different pyramids.

Any thoughts?

*slaps forehead* Ok. Since it seems to be barely related to "scientists", "compatible", "god", and we will not go, imho, too far off topic then refresh my memory Triad, what is so strange about the "Sound Technology" and why don't scientists understand it? (we've had this discussion before, from memory or am I seeing the future? - I just want to make sure we're both on the same page)

*slaps forehead* Ok. Since it seems to be barely related to "scientists", "compatible", "god", and we will not go, imho, too far off topic then refresh my memory Triad, what is so strange about the "Sound Technology" and why don't scientists understand it? (we've had this discussion before, from memory or am I seeing the future? - I just want to make sure we're both on the same page)

AI your responses are becoming more and more incoherent.

The fact of the matter is despite your complaints reality has not changed. In order for you to understand something as complicated as the paranormal or God, you will need to understand more about the practices of Indigenous cultures. They are after all the source of such claims, feel free to apply whatever abstractions denial with respect to reality but keep in mind that this is reality.

Perhaps you can continue fantasizing about reality until the age of 102 but that does not change reality.

Any thoughts?

AI your responses are becoming more and more incoherent.

The fact of the matter is despite your complaints reality has not changed. In order for you to understand something as complicated as the paranormal or God, you will need to understand more about the practices of Indigenous cultures. They are after all the source of such claims, feel free to apply whatever abstractions denial with respect to reality but keep in mind that this is reality.

Perhaps you can continue fantasizing about reality until the age of 102 but that does not change reality.

Any thoughts?

That was a simple question Triad, nothing incoherent about it. So you cannot elaborate as to what scientists do not understand about this "Sound Technology"?

And your constant referral to "Indigenous cultures" does not change reality either. You still have not given any details so your point is moot, to say the least.

Edited by ai_guardian

That was a simple question Triad, nothing incoherent about it. So you cannot elaborate as to what scientists do not understand about this "Sound Technology"?

And your constant referral to "Indigenous cultures" does not change reality either. You still have not given any details so your point is moot, to say the least.

Where did I put my violin :D finds violin and starts playing real slow song while typing response.

There is a thread in UM where I presented the data....I also have the data saved here at UM.

In reality, the only way for you to find out is to take my advise....they will teach you what you need to understand, unless of course you try to talk to them like you talk to me.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

Where did I put my violin :D finds violin and starts playing real slow song while typing response.

There is a thread in UM where I presented the data....I also have the data saved here at UM.

In reality, the only way for you to find out is to take my advise....they will teach you what you need to understand, unless of course you try to talk to them like you talk to me.

Any thoughts?

Are these the same notes that say that mesoamerican pyramids are the same as Egyptian ones?

Then point me to it, or I'll have to get out my electric guitar :lol:

Are these the same notes that say that mesoamerican pyramids are the same as Egyptian ones?

They both had the same sound technology until the African ones were stripped.....ask the Vatican.

One cannot disprove God existence, without Science developing beyond, the point, it understands all of nature.

Therefore God can exist.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad